Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Track Talk: It Won't Take Long
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 8, 2011 03:01

Its a good song. No doubt about it. Good steady rock song with some wonderful vocals and good lyrics. Keith's fills are a bit repetitive and simplistic...but one of the better songs on ABB.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 8, 2011 03:24

whitem8
Its a good song. No doubt about it.

please review some of the comments made on this thread. ppl put their hearts and soul into these comments and to have them ignored or so roundly discounted is...well, it's disheartening. it's not what iorr is all about.

yes; there's doubt.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: November 8, 2011 03:31

One of my favourite and most-played Stones tracks. It was the track that hit me the hardest on my first listen of ABB and still does. The riffage is ace and Mick's lyrics are great, sung with energy and vigor.

Like someone else said, the bridge is just so, so, so great. Should have been a single.

Date: November 8, 2011 03:46

StonesTod
whitem8

please review some of the comments made on this thread. ppl put their hearts and soul into these comments and to have them ignored or so roundly discounted is...well, it's disheartening. it's not what iorr is all about.

yes; there's doubt.

Jeez you sound like a frustrated school teacher trying to make her pupils listen to a boring lecture. No doubt about it for me, I like it, good song. I just don't agree with you. Sorry if that gets your knickers in a knot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-08 03:48 by whitem8.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: November 8, 2011 04:24

StonesTod
whitem8

yes; there's doubt.

LMAO smileys with beer

Drew

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 8, 2011 05:24

whitem8
StonesTod
whitem8

yes; there's doubt.

Jeez you sound like a frustrated school teacher trying to make her pupils listen to a boring lecture. No doubt about it for me, I like it, good song. I just don't agree with you. Sorry if that gets your knickers in a knot.

ah...no doubt FOR YOU! see, if you had only qualified it that way in the first place we could have avoided all this unnecessary unpleasantness. in the future, perhaps you'd consider including your qualifiers...your disclaimers...your what have you's....

Date: November 8, 2011 05:37

Listen. This is a blog. And is all opinions. I don't need to follow any of your rules about how I should write. You have been increasingly shadowing my posts with curt responses. I don't know what I have done to rub you the wrong way, but perhaps the best solution would be for you to ignore my posts and put your energy into something more positive. You will be more happy.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 8, 2011 05:48

I always liked this song as a straightaway rocker, much better than You Got
Me rocking.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 8, 2011 07:41

MKjan
I always liked this song as a straightaway rocker, much better than You Got
Me rocking.

I've had my problems with You Got Me Rockin, It Wont Take Long is better and so is the riff.....and the lyrics especially.

Date: November 8, 2011 08:37

I agree, the lyrics are far superior than YGMR. Some very good lyrics on It Won't Take Long. I do like Ronnie's slide on YGMR though...

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: November 8, 2011 08:56

Really good song. Classic Keith riff and Mick wrote some good lyrics and sings it well.

One of my favoirte 'newer' tracks.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 8, 2011 09:41

friggin filthy Stones racket....Jaggers put-down
lyrics & all bolted tagether by Charlie's hot-rivet drumming ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 8, 2011 10:11

Ace comment Rockman! Filthy is a great way to describe it!

Date: November 8, 2011 10:16

The first really good Ronnie-solo since 1989 is in there, too, imo.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: October 8, 2012 13:01

7 years after ABB came out and I finally gave this track another play over the weekend; and was shocked I'd dismissed it earlier - loved it

I'm a very big fan of the 'Bang' opus, play it regularly; I'd condensed the album down, like many, to my own 12-track "A Better Bang". IWTL I didn't take to on those initial hearings in 2005.

It's a very good track, great sounding guitars, wonderful performance from Mick and Charlie; tasty soloing, a noisy thrash of a chorus..

A rediscovered little gem of a track

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: October 8, 2012 13:12

IrelandCalling4
7 years after ABB came out and I finally gave this track another play over the weekend; and was shocked I'd dismissed it earlier - loved it

I'm a very big fan of the 'Bang' opus, play it regularly; I'd condensed the album down, like many, to my own 12-track "A Better Bang". IWTL I didn't take to on those initial hearings in 2005.

It's a very good track, great sounding guitars, wonderful performance from Mick and Charlie; tasty soloing, a noisy thrash of a chorus..

A rediscovered little gem of a track

thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 8, 2012 14:12

Hmmm... I was just using in some other thread the term 'filler' to describe some LET IT BLEED material (In very specific sense of the term, though)... I am running out of scale and words here...>grinning smiley<

What the hell to say about this number after "Loving Cup"?

It's on A BIGGER BANG, right?

- Doxa

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: October 8, 2012 14:40

Doxa
Hmmm... I was just using in some other thread the term 'filler' to describe some LET IT BLEED material (In very specific sense of the term, though)... I am running out of scale and words here...>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Well, Doxa, it might get to you some day too. To me it belongs on a post-89 compilation amongst other latterday highlights like Saint of Me and Rain Fall Down. And Jagger's voice and the lyrics are just phantastic.

Date: October 8, 2012 14:54

GetYerAngie
Doxa

- Doxa

Well, Doxa, it might get to you some day too. To me it belongs on a post-89 compilation amongst other latterday highlights like Saint of Me and Rain Fall Down. And Jagger's voice and the lyrics are just phantastic.

Agree, and the guitars are pretty good, too.

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: October 8, 2012 18:13

DandelionPowderman
Keith took this riff, and used it for the live versions of Infamy smiling smiley

That's because "It Won't Take Long" is another variation of "Infamy" or vice versa.

The best thing I can say about this track is it sounds like Mick and Keith wrote it together, including the lyrics and music. I haven't listned to the song in years and don't plan to anytime soon.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 8, 2012 18:27

People are praising these lyrics?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2012 18:38

DandelionPowderman
GetYerAngie
Doxa

- Doxa

Agree, and the guitars are pretty good, too.

Agree, this is in the top quartile of post '83 toons.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2690
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home