Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What do you like /dislike most about this board
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 3, 2011 22:32

Green Lady
Like: - A nice straightforward easy to use messageboard format.
- being in touch with so much knowledge, history and experience.
- having hundreds of pairs of eyes and ears constantly on the lookout for Stones news and good music of all kinds
- all the great music and pictures so generously shared (sorry, Honestman, I am a bit of a grabber!)
- the international feel of the board.

Dislike: - irrelevant political arguments - although I now know a lot more about US politics than I used to!
- quarrelling posters who start a-feuding and a-fighting all over every thread they're in.

I enjoy most of the OT posts (except naked ladies and which-bird-would-you-like-to-bonk threads, but then I suppose the locker-room stuff is the price some of us have to pay for being female on a mostly-male messageboard.) I wouldn't want to see OT posts banned.

Thanks bv for keeping the iorr Tavern open.

I enjoy most of the OT posts (except naked ladies and which-bird-would-you-like-to-bonk threads, but then I suppose the locker-room stuff is the price some of us have to pay for being female on a mostly-male messageboard.) I wouldn't want to see OT posts banned.

thumbs up Sometimes I'm a bit concerned about the male+ post...thanks you take it like this

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 4, 2011 01:17

Oh yes, I forgot:

Dislike - People who can't be bothered to spell Brain right...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 4, 2011 06:17

The International audience and input. I'm amazed at how well everyone can communicate in English.

Sports discussions and everyone's pride for their country and team.

The Sharing of music by many over the years, this being owed the biggest amount of gratitude because it involves work and time of the poster.

Expert opinions. Intelligent conversation. In the Stones world, many of us here are experts.

Dislikes:

No section on the site for political discussions.

No visits by band members on the record.

Slogans at the bottom of posts.

Spamming with stupid threads. I just ignore them most of the time.

Posted by: ImDeRankOutsider ()
Date: November 4, 2011 07:02

I like that this board is practically a Stones encyclopedia.

however i wish that people would give more input on what
lyrics are about. track talk index is pretty good
but there is mostly talk about songs musically rather than
lyrically.

if you listen to a stones song too long, there's gonna be a point where you go,
hmm? what is Mick sayin anyway?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 4, 2011 09:39

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 3, 2011 22:32

Green Lady
Like: - A nice straightforward easy to use messageboard format.
- being in touch with so much knowledge, history and experience.
- having hundreds of pairs of eyes and ears constantly on the lookout for Stones news and good music of all kinds
- all the great music and pictures so generously shared (sorry, Honestman, I am a bit of a grabber!)
- the international feel of the board.

Dislike: - irrelevant political arguments - although I now know a lot more about US politics than I used to!
- quarrelling posters who start a-feuding and a-fighting all over every thread they're in.

Thanks bv for keeping the iorr Tavern open.

Sometimes I'm a bit concerned about the male+ post...thanks you take it like this

-Come to think of it a NSFW section might clear this up. For instance there's probably other guys besides me that like to see bodypainted women with Stones tongues.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 4, 2011 09:42

Please forgive my ignorance on how to paraphrase. The last sentance in the post above is mine. Also, I agree a section for politics and other thoughts would be a great idea.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 4, 2011 12:40

Like,

The reassurance that my insane love of this band is not unique to me and that there are other victims out there.

Dislike,

Folks posting opinions as fact when based only on conjecture ...and folks wanting to paint everything and everybody as good or bad, in black or white.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-04 12:41 by Spud.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: November 4, 2011 17:21

It is very informative...dislike the whinners.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 4, 2011 17:29

Thanks Green Lady.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 4, 2011 20:01

"The reassurance that my insane love of this band is not unique to me and that there are other victims out there."

Yes Spud. It is great to have a place like IORR where one can feel normal about excessively thinking and talking about The Stones.Frankly their music and their careers are so mindblowing that they deserve that much of attention!!
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 5, 2011 03:43

I dislike the negativity

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 5, 2011 03:57

like - talking about the stones, and (hopefully) other music in general with other musicians. There seems to be a lot of them here.

dislike - the interface is still stuck in the 20th century. There is complete lack of organization and navigation for threads. 99.99999% of forums do this. Finding things to talk about is like fishing in a giant dull, white toliet bowl.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 5, 2011 04:07

slew
I dislike the negativity

I can deal with it. About 92.5% of the male species suffer from LHO or JMR syndrome. Nothing to get worked up about. Be flattered.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 5, 2011 05:23

Don't kid yourselves people; this site is just plain EVIL! Since 2001, it has repeatedly forced me to visit/lurk at the Tell Me discussion board almost daily for 10 years, even when there's no RS action or impending tour/releases. It lets me vicariously pretend I'm "international" even though I've only been out of my country once (and that was RS-related, NL 2003 @ the Ahoy) because of the posters being from all over the globe. Perhaps most vile of all, it does not recognize my 'sickness' and actually encourages it. From 1975-2000, it was recognized (and whispered in hushed increasingly worried tones behind my back as the years wore on) by friends/family/work that I was just a tiny bit, -er, into (okay, OBSESSED with) this band. But, but...hadn't they heard Brussels '73 at full volume without saying a word, letting the sound wash over and through their entire body, baptizing them anew forever, regardless of what they thought of Emotional Rescue?!?! Why couldn't they see?

Even 20 years after TY, the last lp/cd acknowledged by friends/family, I was still into (okay, obsessed with) the band and hadn't had more than 2-3 people in all those years in my day-to-day circles who was into them as much. Then I found IORR and realized that I had been a member of The Sacred Order of hardcore RS fans all that time. There were 1000's of people who were 'different' just like me. And in one devious stroke, IORR both cured me (see? you're not sick/different!) and told me I wasn't sick/different enough ("that was the blond 19XX tele capo'd at the 3rd fret thru ABC amphead and the XYZ cabinet whose characteristic sound you can also hear on song XXX in the left speaker at 1:47 and outtakes bootlegs D, E and F which are all out of print but I can burn you a copy or trade, no problem.") Pure evil!

On the other hand, well I don't think I could add to many of the great comments by GreenLady and many others. Thanks for having us/it, BV!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-05 05:32 by winter.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: November 5, 2011 09:00

LOVE: Talkin' Stones shiite

HATE: Pointless endless speculation

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10