Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Some Girls Box Set - DVD
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 1, 2011 23:52

Don´t know if already mentioned,well known and true,but jpc mailorder service in Germany
mentions now that the DVD included with the Some Girls Box Set will be Fort Worth ´78.

If true,I pass the deluxe edition because the Live In Texas DVD/CD combo and the double Some Girls CD
will be the better choice then for me.

[www.jpc.de]

Re: Some Girls Deluxe Edition - DVD
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 1, 2011 23:56

That's a better solution for me too, thanks. Allthough I doubt it; it would be neat if they later brought out the Fort Worth concert on vinyl.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-01 23:56 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 1, 2011 23:56

You just answered a question I posted on another board. Thanks.

Yeah, I can't see spending for the "super deluxe" just to get a book, postcards, and I don't have a record player anymore.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 1, 2011 23:59

Night of the two Ediths I see. confused smiley

Date: November 2, 2011 00:14

The real kicker will be if the CD that comes with Live in Texas DVD is the original album with no bonus tracks.

Date: November 2, 2011 00:28

WilliamPatrickMaynard
The real kicker will be if the CD that comes with Live in Texas DVD is the original album with no bonus tracks.

That would mean just a switch to the DVD only....and imagine they pack the live CD with the Blu-ray version only....

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 2, 2011 00:49

shortfatfanny
WilliamPatrickMaynard

That would mean just a switch to the DVD only....and imagine they pack the live CD with the Blu-ray version only....

I swear Mick Jagger and George Lucas trade notes...

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: November 2, 2011 00:56

I am dubious but we shall see soon enough. Why include a separate product as a freebie? Doesn't really sound like the Stones' modus operandi does it?

Date: November 2, 2011 03:07

Silver Dagger
Night of the two Ediths I see. confused smiley

Hopefully not The Enemy Within.

Date: November 4, 2011 18:00

For whatever reason still no official information what´s included on the DVD.

Re: Some Girls Box Set - DVD
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 4, 2011 18:35

Oh lord, I hope not. Ive already pre-ordered the Texas Blu-ray/CD combo and had hoped to get the Super Deluxe Some Girls. I may not bother now.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: November 4, 2011 18:44

Is this box set numbered?

Date: November 4, 2011 18:54

shortfatfanny

Maybe it is the old fan club DVD that so many members never received !

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 4, 2011 19:29

Bonus features on all formats are: a spoof interview featuring Dan Ackroyd and Mick Jagger and live performances of ‘Shattered’, ‘Beast of Burden’ and ‘Respectable’ from Saturday Night Live in October 1978, excerpts from ABC 20/20 Special introduced by Hugh Downs and featuring interviews by Geraldo Rivera with Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Bill during rehearsals for the tour, originally broadcast in June 1978, and a new interview with Mick Jagger. Worldwide theatrical distribution deals including the UK will be announced soon.
[www.withguitars.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 4, 2011 20:17

Deltics
Bonus features on all formats are: a spoof interview featuring Dan Ackroyd and Mick Jagger and live performances of ‘Shattered’, ‘Beast of Burden’ and ‘Respectable’ from Saturday Night Live in October 1978, excerpts from ABC 20/20 Special introduced by Hugh Downs and featuring interviews by Geraldo Rivera with Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Bill during rehearsals for the tour, originally broadcast in June 1978, and a new interview with Mick Jagger. Worldwide theatrical distribution deals including the UK will be announced soon.

Pass.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: November 4, 2011 21:10

R
Pass.

They way I read it, you get the bonus features, period. So if you pass on that you don't get the concert.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 4, 2011 22:17

Those bonus features on the DVD/BluRay sound great to me. The DVD/CD Live in Texas set (assuming the CD is the soundtrack) is as good a package as the Stones have ever offered in terms of value.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: November 4, 2011 22:47

I can't wait to see what will be on the cd of the DVD/CD package. Really surprised that info isn't out yet this close to release date.

Date: November 4, 2011 22:47

Deltics
[www.withguitars.com]

But those are bonuses on the LIVE IN TEXAS release, correct? or the SOME GIRLS dvd?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 5, 2011 00:57

TeddyB1018
Those bonus features on the DVD/BluRay sound great to me. The DVD/CD Live in Texas set (assuming the CD is the soundtrack) is as good a package as the Stones have ever offered in terms of value.

Well, the BluRay alone is $14.99 but the BluRay/CD combo package is $31.50. $16 is kind of steep for a CD these days. I have the Handsome Girls boot, which has suited me fine over the years but if they released an "official" CD or even a download for maybe $10, I'd go for it. Otherwise, I'm happy to just get the BluRay and not pay $16 for stuff I've had for years. But, as you say, "...as good a package as *the Stones* have ever offered..."!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-05 00:58 by bleedingman.

Date: November 5, 2011 01:14

>Well, the BluRay alone is $14.99 but the BluRay/CD combo package is $31.50.

Where are you seeing these listings?

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 5, 2011 01:22

The most 'practical' package to combine as a release would be just the SG bonus tracks cd and a live '78 dvd, but that doesn't seem to be listed. I agree with most people speculating here that the cd w/ the live dvd is just a cd of the same show. It doesn't seem the SG bonus tracks are available as a standalone cd either, unlike the EOMS bonus tracks.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: November 5, 2011 01:26

Edith Grove
shortfatfanny

Maybe it is the old fan club DVD that so many members never received !

I would like. I never received that dvd.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 5, 2011 01:27

Glam Descendant
>Well, the BluRay alone is $14.99 but the BluRay/CD combo package is $31.50.

Where are you seeing these listings?

[www.amazon.com]

Date: November 5, 2011 01:27

>I agree with most people speculating here that the cd w/ the live dvd is just a cd of the same show.

Well yeah, that's already been established:

[www.eagle-rock.com]

Date: November 5, 2011 01:29

Thanks bleedingman!

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: November 8, 2011 12:12

According to the advert in this month's Record Collector magazine, the box set bonus dvd includes "Some Girls official music videos and footage from Some Girls Live In Texas 78".

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 8, 2011 12:30

As I already mentioned previously, the DVD included in the SOME GIRLS album deluxe box only features 3 songs from the Some Girls Live in Texas DVD

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: November 8, 2011 12:52

I'm confused: are there two different Texas DVD shows??? In the OP's it sounds like the FT Worth show and the Texas show are discussed as if they were different shows.

What are the different options?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 8, 2011 14:54

Nope. The 3 songs are effectively a teaser for the 'Live in Texas' DVD. Plus you get the three promo videos for Miss You, Respectable and Far Away Eyes.

Another wasted opportunity/excuse for a rip off (delete where applicable)

Effectively, about two-thirds of the price you're being asked to pay for the deluxe Some Girls is so that you can get a little book which, had it been sold separately would probably have retailed for about £10/$15.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home