Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Faces at Isle Of Wight 2017?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 18, 2017 16:06

Isle of Wight Festival 2017: Rod Stewart reuniting Faces for headline set

ROD Stewart is bringing the remnants of The Faces back together for his Isle Of Wight headline set.

By James Cabooter and Sam Mayers / Published 18th April 2017

FAMEFLYNET

Festival season is just around the corner and Isle Of Wight is the first big one. Rod plans to make it extra special by bringing ex-sparring partner Ronnie Wood on stage.

Festival head honcho John Giddings told me: “I suspect Ronnie and co may come along.

“He will put on a bit of a show because it was on his bucket list to play the Isle Of Wight.

“And he’s got a hit called Sailing!” Drummer Kenney Jones is also tipped to join the reunion party on June 11.

If all goes to plan it will only be Rod’s second performance with The Faces in over 20 years, the last being at a prostate cancer benefit gig in 2015.

It promises to be an all-star occasion for the rocker. John spilled: “One of the groups on the bill are recording a song with Rod Stewart, but I’m not going to tell you who it is because I’d be letting the cat out of the bag.

“The idea that they would be working with him was really interesting.”

That act is rumoured to be Catfish & The Bottlemen. On top of that Rod wants a celebrity duet on stage.

John said: “There’s a girl on the bill who I’m trying to get to do a duet with him too.”

Don’t be surprised if that is Melanie C or possibly Imelda May. Booking Rod, 72, was a lifelong dream come true for John.

He said: “I bumped into Rod at a charity do and I said: ‘Why’ve you never played the Isle Of Wight Festival?’ and he said: ‘Well no-one’s ever asked me.’

I said: ‘They have now’ and that was it!” Go to isleofwightfestival.com for more info.

[www.dailystar.co.uk]

Re: Faces at Isle Of Wight 2017?
Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: April 18, 2017 16:28

Go see a new band with 50x the energy?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 18, 2017 19:46

This is such crap.

Rod Stewart uses a "Faces reunion" every time he needs to stir up interest in one of his bigger gigs.

The possibility of a real "Faces reunion" died with Ian McLagan.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: April 18, 2017 19:52

Sounds to me like Rod booked the gig and then decided that his current show isn't what he wants to present to the festival. As a result, he's inviting "guests" and doing celebrity duets. Maybe he could call up Ringo and borrow his all-star band for added effect.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 18, 2017 20:22

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Ronnie show up, but Kenney Jones as well seems less likely.

I've had my ticket ordered for some time now, so I'll let you know what happens.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 18, 2017 20:50

I feel really sad and in a way also resentful that Rod behaves like this. He had SO much time for a REAL Faces reunion for years and years, but there never seemed to be the right moment and never the time and blah blah blah. And like a previous poster said, then it all well and truly died with Ian Mclagan's passing. I think Rod did that great band and all his former bandmates a monumental disservice by behaving in such a selfish and seemingly unconcerned manner !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Faces at Isle Of Wight 2017?:
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: April 18, 2017 21:35

No Tetsu = No Faces!smileys with beer

Re: Faces at Isle Of Wight 2017?:
Date: April 18, 2017 21:44

roryfaninva
No Tetsu = No Faces!smileys with beer

grinning smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 18, 2017 22:47

Well, Rod can't win. It's not the Faces without Mac, but it is the Faces with Mick Hucknall.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: April 18, 2017 22:59

Hmmm. I hope it's not as sloppy as the last reunion gig. They even restarted one song, and overall everything was very shaky and Kenney Jones is not a steady drummer anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-19 00:45 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 19, 2017 02:15

Rod is full of blah blah blah, Hope Ronnie will say no.
Jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 19, 2017 03:46

Why all the glumness?
Yes he screwed up a proper Faces reunion, but that was then and this is now.
Should be reason to celebrate!

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: April 19, 2017 03:56

corriecas
Jeroen

Wouldn't Ronnie already know of this gig?
Does it also need to work around the stones tour / rehearsals?
If so, is Mick's approval also necessary?

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 19, 2017 08:47

Bullocks. Rod was keen in the 90's to reunite. He toured with Mac half the decade. Woody had his calendar blocked by the Stones. So it never happened.

Then in the 2,000's, Mac and Rod started a press war. They both said horrible things about each other. Mac was not without blame. He needed money. But the promoters didn't think the Faces could fill an arena without a Rod set first.

And they were likely right. So should Rod play for 1 1/2 hours then bring the Faces on for 30 minutes? Then split the pay equally? That became the issue. We'll see what happens soon I suppose.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 19, 2017 09:22

Hmmm...Rod at Glastonbury...Ronnie don't get sucked into this! The Faces legacy
deserves more than a moment or two in the Vegas Rod Stewart show. My opinion
anyway.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: April 19, 2017 09:26

I nominate Pete Townshend to play bass. He was best friends with Ronnie Lane and has previous experience on bass (Thunderclap Newman).

Rod
Ronnie
Kenney
Pete

and on keyboards...

Little Feat's Bill Payne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-19 09:26 by Javadave.

Date: April 19, 2017 12:45

loog droog
This is such crap.

Rod Stewart uses a "Faces reunion" every time he needs to stir up interest in one of his bigger gigs.

The possibility of a real "Faces reunion" died with Ian McLagan.

he uses it? as far as I can tell not one quote in this story is from rod himself other than being asked about playing the festival by the promoter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-19 12:46 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: April 19, 2017 12:47

mr_dja
Sounds to me like Rod booked the gig and then decided that his current show isn't what he wants to present to the festival. As a result, he's inviting "guests" and doing celebrity duets. Maybe he could call up Ringo and borrow his all-star band for added effect.

Peace,
Mr DJA

I don't see one mention by rod that he did any of this. this is the promoter of the festival talking and saying he is trying to pair people up with rod.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 19, 2017 12:53

snorton
corriecas
Jeroen

Wouldn't Ronnie already know of this gig?
Does it also need to work around the stones tour / rehearsals?
If so, is Mick's approval also necessary?

Yup, He also got Micks approval to become a father again.smileys with beer
Jeroen

Date: June 12, 2017 02:27

For the record: No Ronnie or any other Face appeared with Rod at the Isle of Wight.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 12, 2017 10:32

Green Lady
For the record: No Ronnie or any other Face appeared with Rod at the Isle of Wight.

There's a surprise (NOT) !!

Rod is full of such s**t !!

Thanks for confirming Green Lady !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: June 12, 2017 13:13

He sang Ooh La La (acknowledging Ronnie Lane as composer ) and Stay With Me (repeating the old Faces trick of kicking footballs into the crowd) bit mostly it was a very enjoyable singalong of his solo work.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 12, 2017 13:49

paulywaul
Rod is full of such s**t !!

Not in this instance. That's all on John Giddings.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 12, 2017 13:52

Green Lady
He sang Ooh La La (acknowledging Ronnie Lane as composer ) and Stay With Me (repeating the old Faces trick of kicking footballs into the crowd) bit mostly it was a very enjoyable singalong of his solo work.

I saw Rod in Vegas & it was quite enjoyable. Think people set the bar too high for him & if they accepted it for what it was, they might have a good time.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: June 12, 2017 13:56

While it may be a bit late for a proper Faces reunion, I would love to see a Rod Stewart solo show having Ronnie Wood playing for the whole show with a setlist focusing on the Mercury years and Faces material.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 18, 2017 22:05

UNCUT - August 2017

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 19, 2017 02:08

^Yeah, it must be almost impossible to schedule Faces reunion shows considering Ronnie's relentless gigging schedule with the Stones since 2012!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 19, 2017 13:38

Why not invite Jeff Beck with Ronnie to join Rod Stewart ?

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 18, 2017 17:58

Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) pays homage to Rockin' Rod.
[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1703
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home