Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Happy Halloween - KISS Meets the Phantom
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: October 27, 2011 18:05

Remember this debacle from 1978?

Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park (also known as Kiss in the Attack of the Phantoms) is a 1978 television film, starring American hard rock band Kiss. The film's plot revolves around Kiss, who must use their superpowers to battle an evil inventor (Abner Devereaux, played by Anthony Zerbe) and to save a California amusement park from destruction.

The film was aired by NBC at the height of Kiss's popularity in the United States. Its poor acting and semi-comedic script causes it to be regarded poorly even by most Kiss fans. Despite this or, perhaps, because of this, it has attained cult film status. The film is hated by the band members themselves for the buffoonish way it made them appear. For years after its airing, no one who worked for the group was permitted to mention the film in their presence.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Re: OT: Happy Halloween - KISS Meets the Phantom
Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: October 27, 2011 19:04

I remember seeing it on TV when I was about eight years old.

And if you really want to get nostalgic, you can buy the Marvel Kiss Super Special on eBay. The members of Kiss added their blood to the ink.

Posted by: straycatdevil ()
Date: October 28, 2011 04:21

I played everything for my son. The Stones (he says they're ok). The Who(he likes them better). Then i popped in this movie from kissology v.2. It totally got his attention. Since then he plays everyone of my Kiss cd's to death. Of course, I only own everything up to Love Gun. The movie is still entertaining regardless of what people think. When I was a kid in the 70's, Kiss was THE band. "Alive" is still one the best rock albums ever. Kiss meets the phantom was all we really had to actually see them. It's still better than "the song remains the same".

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 28, 2011 12:42

KISS this !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1169
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home