Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Why SHOULD The Stones Tour With All Of The Negativity Posted?
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 27, 2011 01:51

of course they should tour the only problem is the vegas routine and all the extras on stage otherwise its fine, but lets face it if this tour happens it will be more of the same

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 30, 2011 02:58

melillo
of course they should tour the only problem is the vegas routine and all the extras on stage otherwise its fine, but lets face it if this tour happens it will be more of the same

Well don't be so sure melillo. I guessing they will have a surprise or two for us. And the extras on stage will have last names like, Taylor, Beck, Clapton, maybe even Page. It should be good, not just more of the same. Let's dream up an ideal situation here since we can.... peace.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 30, 2011 03:33

Naturalust
Let's dream up an ideal situation here since we can.... peace.

jimi, janis, brian, otis and sam as featured guests. since we're dreaming...

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 30, 2011 06:48

AS IF the RS care what the fans think or want..what a laugh.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: October 30, 2011 06:58

IORR is filled with whiners and insecure, yet strangely entitled, morons who need a support system of like minded dolts to give value to their meaningless opinions.

I hope Jagger closes the vaults and starts a new band with Dave Stewart every year.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 30, 2011 13:33

All the negativity comes from the northern hemishpere.. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-30 13:39 by colonial.

Date: October 30, 2011 14:56

vermontoffender
IORR is filled with whiners and insecure, yet strangely entitled, morons who need a support system of like minded dolts to give value to their meaningless opinions.

you say that like it's a bad thing

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 30, 2011 15:49

Cocaine Eyes
Granted, not all of us are negative. But there has been a spate of negativity and who'd blame the Stones (or anyone who isn't appreciated, for that matter) bother? Even with the 50th coming up.

Exhibit A - [www.iorr.org]

Exhibit B - "thank goodness there's not sound" in the Keith Pic Today thread!

eye rolling smiley

you mean they sounded great on the last tour? As a fan I prefer the old days (1962-1984), others love everything they do.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 30, 2011 15:51

Rip This
....there are naysayers everywhere....they succeeded in spite of negative criticism...

I think the problem is that they surrounded themselves with yes-men and the yes men/women nowadays make a whole lot of money just like "the boys".

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 30, 2011 15:51

$$$$$$$$$$ ££££££££££££ €€€€€€€€€€€€

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 30, 2011 16:30

Naysayers are like mickscarey - at some point they might be right.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: October 30, 2011 16:32

dcba
$$$$$$$$$$ ££££££££££££ €€€€€€€€€€€€

Not in that order, the USD is worth the least.

Date: October 30, 2011 17:58

Its totally up to the Stones to decide when to continue touring or stop touring. The fact that a few people on a message board say the Stones should stop touring cause Keith can't play like he could 39 years ago or whatever is totally irrelevant....More than likely these critic's are the same people that when told they can't do something they love because they are too old or they can't do it the same as they could 40 years ago will respond with a f**k you I'll do whatever I want! type response. The Stones are no different.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-30 17:59 by its good to be anywhere.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 30, 2011 18:50

Redhotcarpet
Cocaine Eyes
Granted, not all of us are negative. But there has been a spate of negativity and who'd blame the Stones (or anyone who isn't appreciated, for that matter) bother? Even with the 50th coming up.

Exhibit A - [www.iorr.org]

Exhibit B - "thank goodness there's not sound" in the Keith Pic Today thread!

eye rolling smiley

you mean they sounded great on the last tour? As a fan I prefer the old days (1962-1984), others love everything they do.

For the last tour they were great at the rehearsals at The Phoenix Theatre. In the 'real show' (non-rehearsal) I agree they've sounded better.I also prefer the '72, 75 tours and the '79 concert at Oshawa. But what I'm trying to say is that they are The Rolling Stones and after 50 years, I think they've earned better from the fans. That said, it's merely my paltry opinion!smoking smiley

As far as "loving everything they do" is concerned, there are songs/albums which I dislike ("Miss You" for example). But that doesn't mean I'm negative about them. When I hear "Miss You" I recall "Exile" and I'm 'happy' with them once again.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: October 30, 2011 19:17

DragonSky
Do the Stones care? They've heard negativity their whole career.

It's only about the money at this point, about how big they are and how it takes all of this and that to make the machine work. And maybe that much more mythological bragging. It's not about being an actual band.

I feel that they should not tour because they've done it all, plenty of times, and it's lost its point of being a show about music. Now, because they haven't done it yet, it's time to leave with what dignity they have left. They're going downhill as a live act, with their abilities. They're not as good as they used to be because they're NOT. That's just a fact. That's not 'negative'. Did they put on good shows for the Bang tour? Sure they did, because the 'show' part, the entertaining part, is always good. The music part is a whole other category.

The musical ability has lost quite a few steps. As a fan I want them to focus on whatever recording projects, especially outtakes or whatever. It is time to look at the past. They don't need to do anything new. And if they did bother with doing something 'new' I'd actually like to hear a blues album.

This post sums it up nicely!

Re: Why SHOULD The Stones Tour With All Of The Whining "Fans"?
Date: October 30, 2011 19:48

Quoted:

<<<<DragonSky

Do the Stones care? They've heard negativity their whole career.>>>>

Indeed - and that's why I changed the title of the thread. Thanks for helping me with the word "negativity". It's the whining by so-called 'fans' that's the issue.

Of course, one can argue that people have the right to whine, cry, scream, laugh, tune out, etc.smoking smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 30, 2011 20:02

Whining is an automatic reaction from some fans. You just snap your fingers and...

Date: October 30, 2011 23:18

Cocaine Eyes
Quoted:

<<<<DragonSky

Do the Stones care? They've heard negativity their whole career.>>>>

Indeed - and that's why I changed the title of the thread. Thanks for helping me with the word "negativity". It's the whining by so-called 'fans' that's the issue.

Of course, one can argue that people have the right to whine, cry, scream, laugh, tune out, etc.smoking smiley

I think it really comes down to embarrassment as a fan at times; You're a fan of a band that should've quit X amount of years ago? or What are those guys still doing - they haven't put out a decent song since (enter title or year here).

And on and on and on. I usually laugh at that. "Yes, they can still put out actual good songs". I stay away from talk about their shows however. They've just been around too long. Nobody talks about A Bigger Bang or Dirty Work, they talk about Beggars, Bleed, Fingers, Exile, Girls and Tattoo You. For a lot of people they stop existing after Tattoo You. Simply because they haven't done anything as good since then I would think.

For whatever reasons, which have leaned over the point of no return in terms of more than less, somehow the Stones are not truthfully looking at the seriousness of their position strictly in terms of what they charge for tickets in view of their ability to perform on top of their performing legacy. That's the biggest complaint I can think of. They want to keep playing until they're on feeding tubes, fine, but nobody should expect anyone to think they're still actually great etc unless they're great for being a feeding tube charged band. There's some kind of blindness with this whole thing now, an audible denial.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 30, 2011 23:36

Ah, another gem from the "if you criticize anything you're not a real fan" school of thinking.

You need to understand that legitimate criticism of the quality of the band's album releases or playing is not "whining".

You also should understand that the answer to this now-tiresome "will they or won't they tour" question has absolutely nothing to do with what anyone posts on this site, "negative" or not.

Date: October 30, 2011 23:48

whining is a euphemism for caring. since 1981 or so, true stones fans have shown more care than any fans i know.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 30, 2011 23:50

PLAYBOY MAGAZINE mentioned to James Cameron all the negative internet comments before the release of AVATAR. And Cameron said, "The most negative fans will all be in the front row on opening day, trust me."

Extreme fans often have a weird love/hate thing.

Stephen King was pushing his new Lee Harvey Oswald novel in the WSJ a couple days ago, and I found the bit below interesting:

"He's also grown wary of his more ardent fans. He says he spends less time in his Bangor home now because tourists cluster outside the gate and snap photos. When he goes on book tours, fans find out where he's staying and camp out outside. "It's very unsettling," he said. 'They always call you by your first name—'Stephen, Stephen, over here. Just sign this one baseball.' Then it turns out they've got about 19,000 other things.'

"In his more paranoid moments, he thinks of Mark Chapman, the man who shot John Lennon: 'If there's ever going to be a Mark Chapman for me, it's going to be one of those people.'" From >> [online.wsj.com]

Date: October 30, 2011 23:51

ok, but what does cameron think about mick doing these overdubbed vocals over 70's songs?

Date: October 30, 2011 23:53

Rip This
....there are naysayers everywhere......

i've never heard a sayer say nay...where are these sayers?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 31, 2011 01:30

Erik_Snow
The question is; why can't the maker of this thread and these other fanboys just join Sheedoobee or collect RS t-shirts, instead of hanging around on IORR and whine about people who have an opinion on things ?

Yeah, then they can talk about weighty topics like how "dreamy" Keith is, or which Stone would you want to marry?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 31, 2011 01:55

71Tele
Erik_Snow
The question is; why can't the maker of this thread and these other fanboys just join Sheedoobee or collect RS t-shirts, instead of hanging around on IORR and whine about people who have an opinion on things ?

Yeah, then they can talk about weighty topics like how "dreamy" Keith is, or which Stone would you want to marry?

I wonder if it still OK to say that I like the Stones really very much, and that I had a great time at all the 53 shows that I attended, and that I also had a great time visiting all those cities and meeting all those wonderful Stonesfans, and that I still like to listen to my Rolling Stones CD's and LP's, and that I never have been interested in analysing their music but rather prefer to simply enjoy it, and that I am still happy to know several members of IORR in person, and that I absolutely don't understand why you have to hate Keith to love Mick and vice versa, and that I also absolutely don't understand that you cannot be a Stonesfan if you still like the Stones after Mick Taylor left, and that I am really looking forward to a new tour next year, and that I simply don't understand where all this bashing and aggression on this board comes from, and that I wonder where all the fun on this board has gone to, and ... and ... and ... whatever.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 31, 2011 02:15

StonesTod
Rip This
....there are naysayers everywhere......

i've never heard a sayer say nay...where are these sayers?

Do they actually say nay?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 31, 2011 02:19

Actually it is "neigh"

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 31, 2011 02:23

Rolling Hansie
71Tele
Erik_Snow

I wonder if it still OK to say that I like the Stones really very much, and that I had a great time at all the 53 shows that I attended, and that I also had a great time visiting all those cities and meeting all those wonderful Stonesfans, and that I still like to listen to my Rolling Stones CD's and LP's, and that I never have been interested in analysing their music but rather prefer to simply enjoy it, and that I am still happy to know several members of IORR in person, and that I absolutely don't understand why you have to hate Keith to love Mick and vice versa, and that I also absolutely don't understand that you cannot be a Stonesfan if you still like the Stones after Mick Taylor left, and that I am really looking forward to a new tour next year, and that I simply don't understand where all this bashing and aggression on this board comes from, and that I wonder where all the fun on this board has gone to, and ... and ... and ... whatever.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: October 31, 2011 02:27

Erik_Snow

Indeed, but I'm a fan-woman.smiling smiley You're actually correct - it's time I took a break from IORR. Thanks for the signal for me to take a leave for a bit.......

BTW, I don't post at Shidoobee nor at other fan sites.I've always enjoyed the opinions here, whether I agree with them or not.

smoking smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 31, 2011 02:35

Cocaine Eyes
Erik_Snow

Indeed, but I'm a fan-woman.smiling smiley You're actually correct - it's time I took a break from IORR. Thanks for the signal for me to take a leave for a bit.......

BTW, I don't post at Shidoobee nor at other fan sites.I've always enjoyed the opinions here, whether I agree with them or not.

smoking smiley

Dont let that grumpy old woman drive you away.

bv runs this site, and until bv has an issue with you,
you are welcome here. Post what ever you want to, whenever you want to.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2055
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home