Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
2012 RS Tour
Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: October 25, 2011 18:02

Will the Rolling Stones Tour in 2012?

That's a good question, and there are only two answers - yes or no, but which is more likely?

Let's look at the reasons against them touring again first:-

1. It's another tour, which means lots of organisation and work and energy is required. They really have to be up for it individually before the thing can work. There isn't much chance of the 2012 tour happening if all four key members aren't up for it.

2. Mick has his Super Heavy project which is taking up his time and his energies. He has to see that through before he could change direction I think.

3. They're running out of time. A world tour takes a lot of planning and organising and we're already at the end of October 2011 as I write this. Their option may be a smaller tour.

4. Keith and Mick are apparently arguing again, or at least they don't see eye to eye on a Rolling Stones tour. That's nothing new but it affects how things pan out.

5. They certainly don't need the money but then that's been true for many years.

6. Their age is becoming a factor in what they do now - and it imposes some limits on touring.

Now lets look at the reasons in favour of a 2012 Rolling Stones Tour:-

1. It's the Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary - this is going to be really difficult not to capitalize on - which other band can boast a 50th anniversary tour? Not many I'll bet.

2. There are plenty of people who will buy the tickets and come to the shows, especially as they will expect this tour to be the 'Last Time'.

3. As mentioned earlier, they don't need the money, but they don't tour for the money - they tour because they love being in front of an audience.

4. They will get an opportunity to beat U2 in the touring record stakes, although I can't see why this is important. If U2 were playing Rolling Stones songs I could see why it might be important to sell more tickets. Other than that it's irrelevent in my opinion.

5. Tours are the best way to sell the band and it's back catalogue, especially as there can't be many more world tours to come from the Rolling Stones now.

So which way will it go? My guess is they will tour in 2012 but they may decide to play more smaller venues (I hope), which has to be better than watching them on a screen at the other end of Twickenham.

I'm sure the Glimmer Twins will let us know what is happening in good time, like they always do......

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Re: 2012 RS Tour
Posted by: R ()
Date: October 25, 2011 18:05

There will likely be some shows. Likely huge, massive events but I'm guessing a mere handful.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: October 25, 2011 18:13

YES

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 25, 2011 18:15

"Mick has his Super Heavy project which is taking up his time and his energies. He has to see that through before he could change direction I think."

Huh?

Its done. And dead in the water. The promotion for that venture is over.

"Keith and Mick are apparently arguing again".

What's this based on? Is this the same 'argument' from 'Life' or a new one?

"They're running out of time. A world tour takes a lot of planning and organising and we're already at the end of October 2011 as I write this. Their option may be a smaller tour."

As they're unlikely to tour before at least the summer, how do you assume theyre running out of time? How do you even assume they havent already started planning a tour?

They will almost certainly be performing in 2012.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-25 18:16 by Gazza.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 25, 2011 18:18

if it is a good one, why dont u put the question mark in the headline of this thread?

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: October 25, 2011 18:22

mickscarey saw the paperwork in a fax regarding their tour, 2 years ago. he's a hot shot, you know.

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: October 25, 2011 18:36

Posted on one of the other 50th threads...

Doesn't necessarily mean they're touring (a refund is possible) but this
auction site is legit and almost certainly the offer is authorized...

Via Rocksoff and an australian charity auction site...

[www.pif.com.au]

Electrifying: Rolling Stones Guitar & Concert Tickets (Value: $5,000)
Possess the ultimate symbol of homage to these Rock Legends ā€“ you could own a
Rolling Stones signed framed Gibson Guitar and satisfy your rock ā€˜nā€™ roll addiction
with 2 Reserve Gold Class Exclusive VIP Tickets for their 50th Anniversary
Concert Tour in 2012
. You CAN always get what you want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-25 18:38 by nocomment.

Date: October 25, 2011 18:39

Gazza
"Mick has his Super Heavy project which is taking up his time and his energies. He has to see that through before he could change direction I think."

Huh?

Its done. And dead in the water. The promotion for that venture is over.

"Keith and Mick are apparently arguing again".

What's this based on? Is this the same 'argument' from 'Life' or a new one?

"They're running out of time. A world tour takes a lot of planning and organising and we're already at the end of October 2011 as I write this. Their option may be a smaller tour."

As they're unlikely to tour before at least the summer, how do you assume theyre running out of time? How do you even assume they havent already started planning a tour?

I'm merely looking at both sides of the question. Assumptions have to be made when there is no hard evidence to the contrary. Like I said in my conclusion I expect there will be a tour, in spite of the reasons why there may not be one...

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 25, 2011 18:45

Stikkyfinger

I'm merely looking at both sides of the question. Assumptions have to be made when there is no hard evidence to the contrary. Like I said in my conclusion I expect there will be a tour, in spite of the reasons why there may not be one...

you keep on talking about a question, but still there's no question in the title of this thread and it is really misleading, imho of course

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 25, 2011 18:47

Thank goodness SH is sunk. Yes Gazza's right that is finally a non-issue. I like to see Ronnie stand up and say something like" No , I'm too bust with the Faces, can't go out with you Stones this year. heh heh We would find out just how important he is to the boys then. It's time for a Ronnie power play. Just for our entertainment if nothing else.
I stick to my story that they will perform a few BIG events for the 50th, but no tour, so to speak. Jeff Beck and Mick Taylor along for the ride and to help with guitar duties. This is going to happen.
And I'm sure we will have every guitar player in the biz vying to get a sit in spot on that 2012 Stones stage. Everyone knowing that it could be their last chance. Bill Wyman is sure to join in as long as the airplane problem can be worked around. It will probably be only two shows, one in America, One in Europe, with pay per view audiences around the world. Like a Live Aid thing. All the money will be donated to help some cause of the day and the Stones will walk out of history on a golden plank and with BIG smiles on their faces. peace.

Date: October 25, 2011 19:16

maumau
Stikkyfinger

you keep on talking about a question, but still there's no question in the title of this thread and it is really misleading, imho of course
there are bigger problems in this world...

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: October 25, 2011 19:18

Gazza

What's this based on?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 25, 2011 19:19

Oh goody. Another 2012 Tour rumour thread. We NEVER have these threads EVER.eye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-25 19:20 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: October 25, 2011 19:31

The Stones
Gazza

What's this based on?

I just made it up..... eye rolling smiley tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-25 19:33 by Gazza.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 25, 2011 19:35

Cool thread subject thumbs up

Date: October 25, 2011 20:03

maumau
Stikkyfinger

Point taken, the question mark is missing from the title - my mistake. I'm not sure if I can edit it now.

The question is at the beginning of my post though:-

"Will the Rolling Stones Tour in 2012?"

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Date: October 25, 2011 20:19

Koen
Cool thread subject thumbs up

correction. BRILLIANT beyond belief. covers ground so new its still steaming.
more inciteful than a riot. more envisionary than an eagle hawk bird.
just when the masses were about to coalesce months from now around either "tour"
or "no tour", here comes "question mark man" in the nick of time to present
nothing new whatsoever. talk about "capturing the zeitgeist"! not just captured,
but roasted on a spit, and consumed still bleeding with a few tall cold ones.
its as though the tail-gating party at giants stadium has already begun!

Date: October 25, 2011 20:29

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: October 25, 2011 20:31

sweetcharmedlife
Oh goody. Another 2012 Tour rumour thread. We NEVER have these threads EVER.eye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

Oh goody. Another "Another (insert topic here) thread" thread from SCL. We NEVER have these. EVER.eye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

winking smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 25, 2011 20:37

WMiller
sweetcharmedlife

Oh goody. Another "Another (insert topic here) thread" thread from SCL. We NEVER have these. EVER.eye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

winking smiley
I hope you have a wonderful day as well Mr Miller.

Date: October 25, 2011 20:44

(one of many such ads popping up all over the internets)

The Rolling Stones Tickets

The Rolling Stones TicketsThe Rolling Stones tickets are among the most sought-
after concert tickets in all of music

Sign up now for The Rolling Stones tickets alert and be the first to find out when
you can order Rolling Stones tickets at Select-A-Ticket.

Millions of fans have seen The Rolling Stones over the years and millions more are
likely to see the Stones in concert before all is said and done.

As their 50th anniversary approaches, word is the Rolling Stones will do one final,
major world tour!

(just hope somehow this turns into a fun thing for mick and keith. if mick
and keith find a way to have fun with it, and with each other, then it will
be all good, whether or not the intensity is there, whether or not there's
a new album. just them two being happy together for a few months would be
enough. please don't do it, stones, if you're fighting though. could not bear it.)

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: October 25, 2011 20:46

sweetcharmedlife
WMiller
sweetcharmedlife

winking smiley
I hope you have a wonderful day as well Mr Miller.

I posted this before reading about your SCLs on the NFL thread. I feel kinda bad for piling on now. I do hope your luck turns!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 25, 2011 20:46

Gazza
The Stones
Gazza

What's this based on?

I just made it up..... eye rolling smiley tongue sticking out smiley

I can corroborate this rumor. smile. peace.

Date: October 25, 2011 21:51

ineedadrink
mickscarey saw the paperwork in a fax regarding their tour, 2 years ago. he's a hot shot, you know.

and you are a...um...you are a...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. oh, a NOTHING.

Date: October 25, 2011 22:08

sorry mickscarey, i didn't mean to call you out. my apologies!

Date: October 25, 2011 22:13

see u on the tour

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 25, 2011 22:35

Stikkyfinger
Will the Rolling Stones Tour in 2012?

That's a good question, and there are only two answers - yes or no, but which is more likely?

Let's look at the reasons against them touring again first:-

1. It's another tour, which means lots of organisation and work and energy is required. They really have to be up for it individually before the thing can work. There isn't much chance of the 2012 tour happening if all four key members aren't up for it.Oh please - their organisation is a well-oiled machine.

2. Mick has his Super Heavy project which is taking up his time and his energies. He has to see that through before he could change direction I think.confused smiley

3. They're running out of time. A world tour takes a lot of planning and organising and we're already at the end of October 2011 as I write this. Their option may be a smaller tour.I repeat - they are a well-oiled machine.

4. Keith and Mick are apparently arguing again, or at least they don't see eye to eye on a Rolling Stones tour. That's nothing new but it affects how things pan out.And you know this how? Rumours, right?

5. They certainly don't need the money but then that's been true for many years.To quote Keith: "It's about the glory, darlin'. The glory"

6. Their age is becoming a factor in what they do now - and it imposes some limits on touring.Now THIS is insulting to those of us who are 'a certain age'.It's ageist, pure and simple. Certainly, we do slow down a bit - but we live and do what our passions dictate. The Stones are passionate about the music, playing and performing.

Now lets look at the reasons in favour of a 2012 Rolling Stones Tour:-

1. It's the Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary - this is going to be really difficult not to capitalize on - which other band can boast a 50th anniversary tour? Not many I'll bet.

2. There are plenty of people who will buy the tickets and come to the shows, especially as they will expect this tour to be the 'Last Time'.

3. As mentioned earlier, they don't need the money, but they don't tour for the money - they tour because they love being in front of an audience.

4. They will get an opportunity to beat U2 in the touring record stakes, although I can't see why this is important. If U2 were playing Rolling Stones songs I could see why it might be important to sell more tickets. Other than that it's irrelevent in my opinion.

5. Tours are the best way to sell the band and it's back catalogue, especially as there can't be many more world tours to come from the Rolling Stones now.

So which way will it go? My guess is they will tour in 2012 but they may decide to play more smaller venues (I hope), which has to be better than watching them on a screen at the other end of Twickenham.

I'm sure the Glimmer Twins will let us know what is happening in good time, like they always do......Indeed they will. Patience please, to coin a phrase!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: October 25, 2011 23:06

Who will play bass?

Date: October 25, 2011 23:42

Stikkyfinger
They will get an opportunity to beat U2 in the touring record stakes, although I can't see why this is important. If U2 were playing Rolling Stones songs I could see why it might be important to sell more tickets. Other than that it's irrelevent in my opinion.

There isnt a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: October 26, 2011 02:36

I think, there will be 50th Anniversary Tour, but not so many dates like during their last tours.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1272
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home