Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Mick says regarding the 50th "there is nothing on the table". Do you believe him?
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 24, 2011 22:58

Stones tickets are inelastic - it's like health care, education, and food. They are a necessity. Gouged!

Re: Mick says regarding the 50th "there is nothing on the table". Do you believe him?
Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: October 25, 2011 01:07

Gazza
It's a sad state of affairs that with the world being in the state its in at the moment that we're actually pondering whether a band who earned an average gross of $4 million in ticket sales alone per show on their last tour can be bothered working for 2 hours at a time if they don't make more than that...

Like any other business when costs go up, it's the consumer (fans) who will pay the price.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 25, 2011 01:33

Send It To me
Stones tickets are inelastic - it's like health care, education, and food. They are a necessity. Gouged!

Only if you're totally desperate !

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: October 25, 2011 04:33

Gazza
Send It To me

Only if you're totally desperate !

How scientific is the estimation of demand for tickets these days? For artists
like the Stones who haven't been on tour or on the hit parade for quite some
time. Is it still just pure guesswork on the part of the backers? Or are
some kind of market surveys relied upon?

Obviously elastic "airline" style ticket prices, which vary according to demand,
are used to overcome mis-estimates, but still you must need some data beforehand.

Would guess that one method would be to see how many people will join a
fan club for $100 to supposedly get a shot at better tickets.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-25 04:40 by nocomment.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 25, 2011 05:40

put out a decent record...hire Rick Rubin for Christ sake (the new RHCP album is amazing!).....the only producer as big as they are......who can really get something out of them by directly challenging them....and they'll break any and every concert record known to man....recent article on Rick Rubin and what he's done...the article is titled:

THE AGE OF RICK RUBIN: He Made Half The Records You've Ever Bought And Billions For The Music Industry

[www.businessinsider.com]

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 25, 2011 06:08

Rip This
put out a decent record...hire Rick Rubin for Christ sake (the new RHCP album is amazing!).....the only producer as big as they are......who can really get something out of them by directly challenging them....and they'll break any and every concert record known to man....recent article on Rick Rubin and what he's done...the article is titled:

THE AGE OF RICK RUBIN: He Made Half The Records You've Ever Bought And Billions For The Music Industry

[www.businessinsider.com]

he did a good job with wandering spirit, i think i read somewhere that he and mick had trouble getting along

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 25, 2011 06:22

he did a great job with Wandering Spirit and if he pissed Mick off...then Keith should insist.....otherwise...lets face it...after a couple more vault releases who really cares...

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: October 25, 2011 15:47

Via Rocksoff and an australian charity auction site...

[www.pif.com.au]

Electrifying: Rolling Stones Guitar & Concert Tickets (Value: $5,000)
Possess the ultimate symbol of homage to these Rock Legends ā€“ you could own a
Rolling Stones signed framed Gibson Guitar and satisfy your rock ā€˜nā€™ roll addiction
with 2 Reserve Gold Class Exclusive VIP Tickets for their 50th Anniversary
Concert Tour in 2012.
You CAN always get what you want.

(as discussed above, another way to do a market survey...)

(and of course, theatre attendance for "fort worth" and sales of "deluxe
some girls" also constitute to some extent market surveys)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-25 16:42 by nocomment.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: October 25, 2011 16:19

If Mick says there is nothing on the table then I believe him....

I think the Stones may tour though - 50 years is too tempting, even for Mick.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 26, 2011 00:38

Edith Grove
bv
His smokescreen reason was Charlie... gives him some time...

It will probably take me hours to figure out the message in this statement. confused smiley

It's called a punch winking smiley

Posted by: steady ()
Date: November 2, 2011 06:44

bv

When can we expect news? Any insight is highly aprreciated, as always..

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 2, 2011 07:05

Long John Stoner
I believe him. They're done. They haven't written or recorded together for 6-7 years now. The last live show was over four years ago. Jagger turns 69 halfway through 2012, Richards 69 at the end of 2012, Watts will be 71 halfway through, Wood will be 65 halfway through, Wyman, if he were to participate, would be 76 in late 2012. Come on, already. They're mining the past for product to sell. What have any of them done lately to even remotely suggest even a few shows just to commemorate the 50th, much less a tour, is going to happen?

Let the group known as the Rolling Stones go gently into the good night. It's what most of them seem to want to do.

The Rolling Stones going gently into the night? Not a chance!

Date: November 2, 2011 07:09

nocomment
This question was asked on a related thread, and got zero replies.

1) Is there an offer from Cohl or LiveNation or both or someone else on the table?

2) If not, that is, if Mick is telling the truth, is it more a general economic
thing or specifically a "too risky" thing in terms of the health of some
of the members? remember, bono's back boo-boo has cost that tour almost all of
its profits, according to some reports.

3) assuming again that Mick truths when he says he doesnt know what will happen,
considering that the stones, if they want, have already gone out with a
considerable Bang, does it make any sense at all, from THEIR perspective, not
yours, to now instead go out with a whimper?

we know we are sometime fcukwits, but we are really trying to understand what
the fcuk is going on.

I will tell you what is going on! Rolling Stones Tour Foreplay! That's what's going on! I suggest we all go into hibernation until spring!

Date: November 2, 2011 07:12

DragonSky
You mean to tell me his cards aren't on the table? They usually are aren't they?

I have given up on you Skippy! You will never understand YOUR Rolling Stones!

Date: November 2, 2011 07:15

Max'sKansasCity
nocomment
Max'sKansasCity

c'mon Max, you too. Spill or speculate.
Just saying
He may have said there are no cards on the table,
he didnt say anything about up his sleeve...

I sure dont know any inside scoop, except from what some supposed "insiders" have tried to post on this board... and usually these newer people are BLASTED THE FK outta here, made fun of, etc etc.... when they were just offering tips... I didnt judge them, or make fun of them, I just read what they said

Thank God Almighty! Nice to know someone around here gets it!

Date: November 2, 2011 07:24

Gazza
nocomment
Gazza
In a word - no.

think at some point, you mentioned that some specifics might be forthcoming
shortly.
do you have further info now, even if you can't share it?

I dont recall saying THAT, to be honest!

My understanding is that the band have agreed to tour in 2012. However, I'd be a liar if I claimed to know any details beyond that.

Never understood why details are so important to so many.

Date: November 2, 2011 07:26

melillo
of course something has been offered and of course something is on the table it would be more absurd if that wasnt the case

I can't wait for next summer!

Date: November 2, 2011 07:29

Edith Grove
bv

It will probably take me hours to figure out the message in this statement. confused smiley

Didn't take me but a second.

Date: November 2, 2011 07:30

seitan
nocomment
This question was asked on a related thread, and got zero replies.

1) Is there an offer from Cohl or LiveNation or both or someone else on the table?

2) If not, that is, if Mick is telling the truth, is it more a general economic
thing or specifically a "too risky" thing in terms of the health of some
of the members? remember, bono's back boo-boo has cost that tour almost all of
its profits, according to some reports.

3) assuming again that Mick truths when he says he doesnt know what will happen,
considering that the stones, if they want, have already gone out with a
considerable Bang, does it make any sense at all, from THEIR perspective, not
yours, to now instead go out with a whimper?

we know we are sometime fcukwits, but we are really trying to understand what
the fcuk is going on.

The answer is:

Live Nation sued its former chairman, Michael Cohl, in November last year for the sum of $5.35 million (Ā£3.3 million), saying that Mr Cohl breached the terms of an agreement he signed when he left the company, detailing how the pair would compete for bids in the future. Mr Cohl has now hit back at the promoters, saying they in fact broke the terms of the deal first, by hindering his attempts to claim the rights to a possible Rolling Stones "50th"year celebration tour.
Under the terms of the deal, Mr Cohl was said to be required to pay $9.85 million in instalments to Live Nation, which would allow him to keep working with the Stones,However, Live Nation claimed this sum was not paid. The lawsuit also reveals Mick Jagger and Keith Richards know about the disagreement and have no desire to be associated with it.

Stones are no longer working with Cohl nor with Live Nation. They are free...and floating in the air.

Great to be free, isn't it!

Date: November 2, 2011 07:33

melillo
I bet the book and the todger comment were all part of the master plan

Glad to see others getting it!

Date: November 2, 2011 07:37

rocker1
TeddyB1018
For those of you worried about Keith, the band hasn't toured without a safety net in 30 years.

No kidding. This band stopped "needing" Keith in a musical sense years ago. For the "next tour" (believe it when I see it), he could still take the stage with a stringless prop guitar, ala Elvis in the 50's, and we'd all get our dose of luvable ole Keef. Actually, that wouldn't be too much different than last tour.

Keith is going to silence each and every one of his critics in 2012 and 2013!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 2, 2011 07:38

With hit men?

Date: November 2, 2011 07:40

Sam Spade
I'd say wait til late Spring 2012 before Mick goes all in.
25x5x2

Mick's been "in" since the last tour ended! They all have!

Date: November 2, 2011 07:44

aprilfool
Do you really want to go to a new tour, Mick talks of risks about money and profit but I'm talking about the ability of the band playing well. I HOPE there will be no new tour. Open the vaults. All the good years are behind them. When it's time to stop with "elegance", don't go to a catastrophic ending.

Going to be fun tuning in here next summer. We are going to be serving up some serious crow!

Date: November 2, 2011 07:47

drbryant
Mick could just be taking the position publicly because he is in negotiations with promoters. It would be the right thing to do.

Bravo! You have nailed it!

Date: November 2, 2011 07:52

DragonSky
mickscarey
Done deal

Correct - the vaults are open. Glad you were finally right about something.

Mickscarey will soon have his day!

Date: November 2, 2011 07:57

Gazza
I personally dont think a long tour is likely either. Certainly not of the length we've been used to.

More for reasons of age than the economy.

True. This time around it will be more about quality than quantity. Fewer shows, with far more emphasis on the quality of those shows.

Date: November 2, 2011 07:59

Send It To me
Long John Stoner
I believe him. They're done. They haven't written or recorded together for 6-7 years now. The last live show was over four years ago. Jagger turns 69 halfway through 2012, Richards 69 at the end of 2012, Watts will be 71 halfway through, Wood will be 65 halfway through, Wyman, if he were to participate, would be 76 in late 2012. Come on, already. They're mining the past for product to sell. What have any of them done lately to even remotely suggest even a few shows just to commemorate the 50th, much less a tour, is going to happen?

Let the group known as the Rolling Stones go gently into the good night. It's what most of them seem to want to do.

Keith and Ronnie clearly want to keep going. Charlie clearly won't be the one who ruins it for everyone else. We're just waiting for Mick...

And Mick is just waiting for 2012.

Date: November 2, 2011 08:00

jamesfdouglas
guitarbastard
aprilfool
Do you really want to go to a new tour, Mick talks of risks about money and profit but I'm talking about the ability of the band playing well. I HOPE there will be no new tour. Open the vaults. All the good years are behind them. When it's time to stop with "elegance", don't go to a catastrophic ending.

thumbs up

+1 thumbs up

I don't want to see Keith embarrass himself. Something tells me that watching them live now would be... uncomfortable as hell.

Keith is in the best shape in years!

Date: November 2, 2011 08:06

Sam Spade
andrea66
I don't think they will do a great classical stones tour, but they will do like 10-20 concerts for sure...

They can do 50 shows in a 4 month stretch. 25 in North America and 25 in Europe. They could all be back home in time for Christmas 2012.

25x5x2

Yeah, and back on the road in January 2013 at Madison Square Garden!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home