Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
No Filter - No Uk Dates - No Point Tour - A 3rd Paris Date ?
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 22, 2017 20:25

OK just having a rant very disappointed about no UK Dates - If they wanted they could easily fix UK venue, As they have with a 3rd Paris Date., Don't give me this crap about no suitable venues. So what is the point of this European Tour ??? No Filter Tour' ???. What are we promoting ? No New Album As yet - Ok why not call it 'Catch Us While You Can Tour'- I love the Stones but I am not privileged enough to pay £1000 per show [Travel and tickets from the UK.]. A pissed off UK fan.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-26 22:49 by Tonstone.

Re: NO FILTER? - NO NEW ALBUM ?- NO UK DATES ?- NO POINT TOUR
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 22, 2017 20:36

Seriously? They've been milking their legend status for decades. What's different about this time out?

And hell...Blue & Lonesome isn't nothing. Hopefully they actually play a cut or two off it.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: May 22, 2017 20:38

I really hope for some songs from the Blue & Lonesome album!
I think those tunes can really work out live. Maybe a blues set half way the show would be really great!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-22 20:43 by Mabru.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 22, 2017 20:45

Tonstone
OK just having a rant very disappointed about no UK Dates - If they wanted they could easily fix UK venues, Don't give me this crap about no suitable venues. So what is the point of this European Tour No Filter Tour'. What are we promoting ? No New Album - Ok why not call it 'Catch Us While You Can Tour'- I love the Stones but I am not privileged enough to pay £1000 per show [Travel and tickets] Today you just lost a die hard fan. The Day the music died.

In a couple of years time you will regret not jumping on short plane ride and going to watch them and it certainly doesn't have to cost anything like £1000 a show.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-22 20:45 by Nate.

Date: May 22, 2017 20:48

Guy's I don't want to slag of the Stones , I Love them. but wait a minute enough is enough for me anyway as far as live shows go.

Date: May 22, 2017 20:57

Tonstone
Guy's I don't want to slag of the Stones , I Love them. but wait a minute enough is enough for me anyway as far as live shows go.

You are free to express your opinion and make a choice to go see them or not of course this is your right but from your post above it sounded like you would have gone and see them if they had played in the U.K so I was just saying that it's not really any hassle to make a short trip to the continent to see them and it doesn't have to cost loads either.
They may play in the U.K next year or they may not but one thing is sure this is the home run for the Stones it will all be over in the near future.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: belld ()
Date: May 22, 2017 20:57

Well said. We are a group of many friends who have always gone to gigs since 1973 tour however will not pay these prices. Sad really. No justification also dont fancy the jukebox play list repeated for too many years.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 22, 2017 21:03

"Today you just lost a die hard fan. The Day the music died".

Do you really think that the day you state "i am not a die hard fan anymore" is the day... the music died?? So selfish, Tonstone???

Or the reason why "the music died" is that the Stones are not going to play UK on the upcoming tour? (In this case I suppose "the music is dying", every year, in every country the Stones are not visiting for a gig...)

Date: May 22, 2017 21:08

Nate
appreciate your post , so why would I regret it ? The only regret I have is I can't afford today's prices. - I have seen them live around 25 times. Do I or can I pay the inflated prices of today's shows ? - If I am being honest I would say NO and that's what hurts me. I appreciate their ability to keep on playing. but I am also in my prime and would love to see them every date on tour from the bottom of my heart. I just can't afford it. Ok I guess that's my fault, but hey that won't stop me from loving them.

Date: May 22, 2017 21:10

Agree Nate - no problem respect your comments, thank you for posting.

Date: May 22, 2017 21:19

laertisflash

Do you really think that the day you state "i am not a die hard fan anymore" is the day... the music died?? So selfish, Tonstone???

Or the reason why "the music died" is that the Stones are not going to play UK on the upcoming tour? (In this case I suppose "the music is dying", every year, in every country the Stones are not visiting for a gig...)

Of course I am being selfish laertisflash you are correct, I just love the Stones that much, but at this moment I can't afford to attend shows outwith UK.due to personal financial issues, but hey that is my problem. Thank you for your post, I respect all replies.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 22, 2017 21:34

Tonstone
laertisflash

Of course I am being selfish laertisflash you are correct, I just love the Stones that much, but at this moment I can't afford to attend shows outwith UK.due to personal financial issues, but hey that is my problem. Thank you for your post, I respect all replies.

The Boys didn't forget. UK in 2018.

Re: NO FILTER? - NO NEW ALBUM ?- NO UK DATES ?- NO POINT TOUR ??
Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 22, 2017 21:37

Tonstone, the fact that you can't afford to attend shows outwith UK is absolutely accessible. I just hope the Stones will play in the UK next year. And, hey, I'm from Greece... So, believe me, I fully understand all the issues about today's financial difficulties. Best wishes.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: May 22, 2017 21:38

Tonstone
OK just having a rant very disappointed about no UK Dates - If they wanted they could easily fix UK venues, Don't give me this crap about no suitable venues. So what is the point of this European Tour ??? No Filter Tour' ???. What are we promoting ? No New Album As yet - Ok why not call it 'Catch Us While You Can Tour'- I love the Stones but I am not privileged enough to pay £1000 per show [Travel and tickets from the UK.] Today you just lost a die hard fan. The Day the music died. A pissed off UK fan.

how about calling it "The Sour Grapes" tour

Date: May 22, 2017 21:40

shattered
Tonstone
laertisflash

But hey they did in 2017.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 22, 2017 21:40

Most of us here have to travel quite far to see them. I have to fly though half of Europe. And I am looking forward to it. Yes, they are a British band, so playing UK makes more sense than playing anywhere else, I fully get that, but since there is this rumour about a 2018 UK tour, which might be the last hurrah, I don't understand all that bitterness. It is obvious that at the age of 75+ they can not play everywhere to please everybody. They have been constantly playing shows since 2012, who would have thought about that in 2011? At that time most of us thought that the 2007 O2 shows were the last ones and look what we have 10 years later! Isn't it better to accept what is offered and enjoy the ride?

Date: May 22, 2017 21:41

reg thorpe
Tonstone
OK just having a rant very disappointed about no UK Dates - If they wanted they could easily fix UK venues, Don't give me this crap about no suitable venues. So what is the point of this European Tour ??? No Filter Tour' ???. What are we promoting ? No New Album As yet - Ok why not call it 'Catch Us While You Can Tour'- I love the Stones but I am not privileged enough to pay £1000 per show [Travel and tickets from the UK.] Today you just lost a die hard fan. The Day the music died. A pissed off UK fan.

how about calling it "The Sour Grapes" tour
Explain ?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 22, 2017 21:47

shattered

Time for Jagger to find a way to circumvent the problem of the ailing Pound :

"Maybe we could swap tix for gold? 1 oz of yellow metal asked for "Gold" seats!
Beef! 50kg of premium frozen British beef for Pit tix. Then we'll resell the stuff to rich Chinese and we'll make a fortune!

Let's call it the "BARTER TOUR!" grinning smiley

Date: May 22, 2017 21:48

quote=laertisflash]
Tonstone, the fact that you can't afford to attend shows outwith UK is absolutely accessible. I just hope the Stones will play in the UK next year. And, hey, I'm from Greece... So, believe me, I fully understand all the issues about today's financial difficulties. Best wishes.[/quote]

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Date: May 22, 2017 21:56

dcba
shattered

Time for Jagger to find a way to circumvent the problem of the ailing Pound :

"Maybe we could swap tix for gold? 1 oz of yellow metal asked for "Gold" seats!
Beef! 50kg of premium frozen British beef for Pit tix. Then we'll resell the stuff to rich Chinese and we'll make a fortune!

Let's call it the "BARTER TOUR!" grinning smiley

Great post DCBA - I am just frustrated that I am missing out due to finance not without love of the Stones. Hey but I do know some rich Scottish Farmers.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 22, 2017 22:28

Where there's a will...for HP1 2013 I slept at St Pancras and for HP2 at Heathrow ;-) And GA/Lucky Dip is cheaper this time. Barring any accidents they've more or less announced they'd play London in 2018 if you feel like waiting.

I was a bit nonplussed about the "new" tour but then you remember the build-up, the electric 10' before showtime, the boys tumbling on the stage and well, it's rather "uplifting"!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 22, 2017 22:32

Brexit = UK is not a part of Europe anymore, thus it's only logical that an European tour does not include the UK…

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 22, 2017 22:45

slewan
Brexit = UK is not a part of Europe anymore, thus it's only logical that an European tour does not include the UK…

Well, neither Switzerland and Norway (and there are others) are in the EU but I would have thought they regard themselves as 'European'.
I don't think Brexit had anything to do with the lack of UK shows.
My hunch, for what us worth is that (maybe) their next tour will be England, Scotland, Wales and both Northern Ireland and the Republic.
Don't think it will be the final lap either...still some way to go!

Date: May 22, 2017 23:03

I wonder if UK Press attitude towards the band has played a role.

Date: May 22, 2017 23:04

slewan

The EU. They are still part of Europe.

Date: May 22, 2017 23:05

emotionalbarbecue

I wouldn't think they give a toss what the press think of them.

Nate

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 22, 2017 23:11

slewan

Let me politely remind you, that Europe and EU are 2 different things. Europe has been here long before EU and will be here long after the EU will be only something kids will have to learn about in the history lessons smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-22 23:14 by Happy24.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: May 22, 2017 23:19

Yeah, I think to be honest the reasoning is fairly simple, they are going to play the UK next summer at the end of a mini-run of shows that may well be the last shows ever. They will probably play a big London venue (Hyde park, wembley etc.) for a couple of shows, so to ensure they fill out both gigs they won't play there this year... because even though most people on this board would jump at the chance to attend multiple gigs, casual fans will only attend 1.

Objectively the stones shows are expensive, but in a few years time there won't be stones shows to go to, so if you can spend it now and save later I reckon!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 22, 2017 23:57

Nate
emotionalbarbecue

I wouldn't think they give a toss what the press think of them.

Nate

I didn't think the UK press has given them a particulary hard time.
The music mags certainly don't.
The general press probably air the same sentiments as many people on this board!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 22, 2017 23:59

thumbs down

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................

No shit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-23 00:00 by RipThisBone.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1693
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home