Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT Well done Newcastle United
Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: April 25, 2017 02:55

Please allow me this one self indulgence. So proud of Rafa and the lads taking us back where we belong into the premier league at the first time of askingsmileys with beer

Re: OT Well done Newcastle United
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 25, 2017 03:46

I read this for you to my Man U husband he says: thumbs up
Shared your moment w/ another football fiend.

Date: April 25, 2017 03:58

35love
I read this for you to my Man U husband he says: thumbs up
Shared your moment w/ another football fiend.
Thank you my friends. ONE LOVE>grinning smiley<

Date: April 25, 2017 10:25

Congrats to the magpies! thumbs up

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 25, 2017 10:45

Good one Geordie....I've been hoping all season that you'd come straight back up......now I'm praying the Swans stay up.............eye popping smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 25, 2017 11:08

Well done! Even though I go crazy when Rafa constantly changes the line-up (ok, lotsa injuries) and loses at St James's against the usual old jinx teams.. It hurts my wallet.. hehe

I hope you get to keep Gayle and for God's sake buy 2 new stable defenders and a new goalkeeper, we want you in the PL top 4 not the bottom. Let's see spurs, manure, chel$ki and the red scousers go down next year... (If I Can Dream)

smileys with beer

Posted by: Tricky76 ()
Date: April 25, 2017 12:18

Fellow Mag here, after a couple of wobbly performances just flat out relieved we've got the job done.

Agree with MadMax, I hope a few of the players who got us promoted get to stay on as a reward, but we really need changes to stand a chance of staying up. I'd add a striker to the wishlist though, I can't see Mitrovic or Murphy scoring in the Premier League if I'm honest.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 14, 2017 15:59

EddieByword
Good one Geordie....I've been hoping all season that you'd come straight back up......now I'm praying the Swans stay up.............eye popping smiley

Newcastle for Sunderland, Middlesbrough & HULL .....now that's what I call a good swap............smoking smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 14, 2017 16:48

Hi Geordie,

I'm a Hearts fan, my club playing just up the coast from yours smiling smiley. A good few Hearts and Hibs fans travel down to Newcastle to watch your team play and follow them as their English Team. Some others follow Sunderland- dearie dear! I think you did very well to get Rafa in as your manager and more to the point, keep him after you went down. He clearly gets Newcastle and loves the passion of the fans. What's needed now is for Mike Ashley (a profoundly horrible human being) to put his hand in his pocket and give Rafa some money to spend. If he does not, Rafa will be off and his replacement will struggle to keep you up.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 14, 2017 21:01

well done newcastle, but a club that size should be going for a champions league position, not fighting relegation and promotion battles.

although a celtic fan, i watch a lot of english football, but i do feel a lot of players are way overrated. decision making by a lot of "top" players in that league is appalling. too many players holding on to the ball too long then giving it away instead of getting rid of the ball. the game has changed a lot since the 60,s and 70, when english football was the best.

just finished watching totenham v man utd, i just dont get the fuss over deli ali, rashford and martial. between them they screwed up many attacks by making the wrong decision. end product is everything in football.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 14, 2017 21:27

buttons67
well done newcastle, but a club that size should be going for a champions league position, not fighting relegation and promotion battles.

although a celtic fan, i watch a lot of english football, but i do feel a lot of players are way overrated. decision making by a lot of "top" players in that league is appalling. too many players holding on to the ball too long then giving it away instead of getting rid of the ball. the game has changed a lot since the 60,s and 70, when english football was the best.

just finished watching totenham v man utd, i just dont get the fuss over deli ali, rashford and martial. between them they screwed up many attacks by making the wrong decision. end product is everything in football.

The premier league is the most over rated league in the world, sky tv at a flick of a switch promoted it as the best league in the world, unfortunately it's not.

Best of luck to Newcastle and all the promoted teams, but football is going away for the working class people imho.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: May 14, 2017 21:58

odean73, it depends on what criteria you're using. Which domestic league(s) are better than the PL in your opinion, and why?

Date: May 14, 2017 22:28

grzegorz67
Hi Geordie,

I'm a Hearts fan, my club playing just up the coast from yours smiling smiley. A good few Hearts and Hibs fans travel down to Newcastle to watch your team play and follow them as their English Team. Some others follow Sunderland- dearie dear! I think you did very well to get Rafa in as your manager and more to the point, keep him after you went down. He clearly gets Newcastle and loves the passion of the fans. What's needed now is for Mike Ashley (a profoundly horrible human being) to put his hand in his pocket and give Rafa some money to spend. If he does not, Rafa will be off and his replacement will struggle to keep you up.
Y'alreet grzegorz? Everything you say is spot on. We are very fortunate to have Rafa i just wish that we were all behind him but quite unbelievably there are certain sections not happy at his team selections. Ashley needs to back him with cash but us fans need to be United as i feel some don't know how lucky we are.

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: May 14, 2017 22:37

geordiestone
Please allow me this one self indulgence. So proud of Rafa and the lads taking us back where we belong into the premier league at the first time of askingsmileys with beer

thumbs up Congratulations Geordie....... I'm just sorry all North East teams haven't done so well..... Particularly my own!

What a drag it is gettin' old

Date: May 15, 2017 00:50

Olly
odean73, it depends on what criteria you're using. Which domestic league(s) are better than the PL in your opinion, and why?
Off the top of my head, spanish and French leagues.

I am coming from when a match used to kick off at 15.00 on a Saturday afternoon and know now it can kick off off any time to suit sky tv.
I had a few drinks now, and if that's ok, I might elaborate more if I need to.drinking smiley

Date: May 15, 2017 01:34

odean73
Olly

I am coming from when a match used to kick off at 15.00 on a Saturday afternoon and know now it can kick off off any time to suit sky tv.
I had a few drinks now, and if that's ok, I might elaborate more if I need to.drinking smiley

I know what you mean Odeon. Since Football went all corporate, overpriced and placed out of financial reach of the very people who made the game popular. A bit like...... No I won't say it grinning smiley

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: May 15, 2017 04:26

We should never have been down in the Championship, a team that can get 50,000+ in the second tier deserves much better management.
Having said that, Rafa didn't bale out; he stuck to the task at hand and got us back where we belong.
Congratulations too to Chris Hughton and Brighton, Chris is a class act.

Date: May 15, 2017 12:29

grzegorz67
odean73
Olly

I know what you mean Odeon. Since Football went all corporate, overpriced and placed out of financial reach of the very people who made the game popular. A bit like...... No I won't say it grinning smiley

Haha know what you mean.

Date: May 15, 2017 16:09

odean73
grzegorz67
odean73
Olly

Haha know what you mean.

Snigger grinning smileythumbs up

I know you know what I mean winking smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 15, 2017 17:44

Yes, and the other 2 North East teams heading down to the Championship.

Date: May 16, 2017 20:03

odean73
Olly
Off the top of my head, spanish and French leagues...

La Liga is probably the second best domestic league... but Ligue 1? Seriously? I'll blame the few drinks you had for that.

For me, it's the unpredictability, excitement and competitive nature of Premier League football that makes it the best. Let's take the last four competed seasons. Between 2013 and 2016 inclusive, the Premier League has had four different champions in four years, whereas during the same period La Liga has had two champions and Ligue 1 has had one.

Take the likes of Guardiola - largely seen as infallible in Spain and Germany - hasn't, as things stand, yet secured a top four finish, let alone come close to winning the title. By his own admission, if he were working in another league he would have been sacked based on his achievements, or lack thereof, in the Premier League with City.

Last night's game (Chelsea 4 - 3 Watford) is indicative of the quality and excitement of the games in the PL. Neither team had anything to play for, and yet played out a thrilling game featuring seven goals.

Anyway, it's great to see Newcastle back in the top flight. We'll have to see how Rafa's summer recruitment goes, but regardless, the atmosphere at St James' Park will prove difficult for most visiting sides next season.

Date: May 16, 2017 20:30

My team is stuck in the championship ( just about ) I know the premiership is the so called holy grail.
In honesty it does not really bother me for a few years now, that we don't get promoted, in the championship it's mostly regular Saturday kick off,s a decent standard and less dramatics by players.
Thank god we get a decent game like last night, but when we were there I could count on one hand how many decent games there were in a season.

Like most fans I no doubt I would be getting excited if we going for promotion or play off,s, but then another side would be thinking how much money for the club and fan is this going to cost and potentially another season of struggling.
Good luck to Newcastle and let's hope they could do another Leicester in time to come.

Do you ever think why the England team never do any good?

Posted by: balders ()
Date: May 16, 2017 20:44

Good to see you back particularly as you are the only representative of the North East- thoroughly enjoy away trips up there and hope for a repeat of the 3-3 draw last time we played you in the prem (Burnley fan).

PS could you give the away fans seats somewhere near the pitch so we dont have to watch through binoculars?

Date: May 16, 2017 21:01

balders
...PS could you give the away fans seats somewhere near the pitch so we dont have to watch through binoculars?

You may be able to leave your binoculars at home from the start of next season, whichever away ground you visit: [www.premierleague.com]

Date: May 16, 2017 21:26

odean73

Weak mentality of the players and, despite some good facilities, lack of general culture in England that would encourage the attributes in young players needed to compete at the very elite level of the game.

Date: May 16, 2017 22:50

Olly
odean73

Weak mentality of the players and, despite some good facilities, lack of general culture in England that would encourage the attributes in young players needed to compete at the very elite level of the game.

At least you qualify for nearly every tournament, even if you don't do too much when you get there. You could be a Scottish Football fan like me. Now THAT really is properly depressing confused smiley

Our last tournament was France '98...... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 17, 2017 12:21

grzegorz67
odean73
Olly

grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 18, 2017 00:56

...and Huddersfield town through to play off final :-)

Proper club BTW - same budget as Rotherham, progressive German manager, astute signings and loans

Whoooo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-18 00:57 by yorkshirestone.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 18, 2017 01:03

huddersfield through to the play offs with a negative goal difference, -2. they could theoretically be promoted with a negative goal difference, which proves what a farce the promotion play offs are.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 18, 2017 01:06

lol
still finished fifth :-)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home