Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Any good record stores in Barcelona?
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 18, 2011 08:09

Going to Barcelona over the weekend, any good record stores to visit?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Re: OT: Any good record stores in Barcelona?
Posted by: Sici ()
Date: October 18, 2011 08:49

Hi Mickjaggeroo,
i don't know record stores but don't forgot to visit the new rock museum with a room dedicate to the Stones.

Sici

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-18 08:50 by Sici.

Posted by: hummingbird ()
Date: October 18, 2011 09:35

Just near The Ramblas, there is a litte street, I can't remember the name, but it's easy to find, with three or four record stores, with boots in everyone. When you come frome the sea, i'ts on the left, after the market...

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: October 18, 2011 09:46

The only ones I know of is in the upper Raval area, in Carrier Tallers, just of the Ramblas. Quite a little bootleg industry there. While the upper Raval is a really nice area to get away from the hordes, stay away from the lower Raval which is much seedier.
If you want to combine recordsniffing with eating, a slightly upscale but very pleasant and extremly cheap (Three course 10 euro set lunches including a glass of wine) place can be found really close by: Restaurant En Ville
// c/ Doctor Dou 14 // www.envillebarcelona.es.

(I don´t work there, but I visited it a month ago)

Rb

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: October 18, 2011 10:05

Hi Vilhelm.
Near Las Ramblas, on Calle Tallers, is the store Revolver Records. There are more shops, but in this you will find much material. This year they received an award for best record store in Spain.
If you are in my city, we can have a beer and introduce you to the people of Revolver Records.
Hope you like Barcelona!

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 18, 2011 16:45

Go eat at the Mercat La Boqueria.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 18, 2011 20:49

Thanks Jordi, I´ll mail you with my phonenumber. We´re on a pretty hectic schedule, but I´ll take time to check out the stores, and drink a lot of beer. As usual winking smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 18, 2011 22:03

Last street on the left side on La Rambla before Playa Catalunya, about 200 meters after the La Boqueria market there are half a dozen record stores AND a couple of guitar shops. On the Playa Catalunya there's the FNAC, for all your official stuff.

Mathijs

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: October 19, 2011 02:06

Jordi Revolver Record Store´s amazing!!!

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: October 21, 2011 10:14

mickijaggeroo
Thanks Jordi, I´ll mail you with my phonenumber. We´re on a pretty hectic schedule, but I´ll take time to check out the stores, and drink a lot of beer. As usual winking smiley

Hi Vilhelm, I'd like to take a few beers with you. This Saturday do not miss the Steepwater Band concert at Sala Apolo. I sent a message to your facebook with my phone number. See ya!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 21, 2011 10:33

What is a good Record Store? For me it's a store where they had at least 100.000 LPs all categories from 1952 - 1992, and very cheap like: Buy 1 lp for 2 bucks or 10 for 10 bucks, and then CDs with outrageous rare booties with Dylan and Stones and Van the Man .... That's my kind of 'Good Record Store'..

smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1367
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home