Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What about a return of the B-Stage for B&L songs?
Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: May 2, 2017 15:32

Hey guys.

On a pure fantasy level of course, how would guys feel about a return of the B-Stage in the show?

I think it would be a great way to play Blue&Lonesome songs..
3 or 4 songs before/after Keith's set would be awesome way to keep it fresh on this 2012-18 tour dont you think?

Cant wait for whats to come
Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-02 15:34 by lickskeith.

Re: What about a return of the B-Stage for B&L songs?
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 2, 2017 15:40

Schöne lange Toilettenpause (sorry I don't know how to express in English).

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 2, 2017 15:44

Too expensive for such a short tour, IMO.
It'd be great anyway.

Date: May 2, 2017 15:46

Don't know about you, Monsoon, but «lovely extended bathroom breaks» on a Stones-show, when they play B&L-songs on the B-stage - really?

You must really be a HUGE fan of B&L winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-02 15:46 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 2, 2017 15:50

DandelionPowderman
Don't know about you, Monsoon, but «lovely extended bathroom breaks» on a Stones-show, when they play B&L-songs on the B-stage - really?

Normally it is during "Keith songs" / half-time break smileys with beer

Date: May 2, 2017 15:52

DandelionPowderman

Not for me, but for 10.000 folks in the audience. Unfortunately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-02 16:41 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 2, 2017 22:05

better still what about a See-Stage ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: May 2, 2017 22:50

The B stage is great !!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 2, 2017 23:06

onestep
The B stage is great !!

Great idea Lickskeith!

Would even be greater to play THREE Blue & Lonesome songs on a B-stage
in indoor arena's like Ziggo Dome Amsterdam, O2 London, Stockholm, Oslo etc.

Just a short walk from the main stage. Crowd will GO WILD.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 2, 2017 23:26

One of the best - if not the best - single moments at a Stones concert was on the rail of the B-stage as they played Midnight Rambler (The free NRDC concert at Staples Center, Feb. 6, 2003). Keith two or three feet in front of me, ripping it apart, I had flashbacks to my youth learning to play guitar while listening to Stones albums on my stereo. This was like a private lesson from Keith, everything else blocked out, sheer joy and delight...delirium. Even numbskull Bill Clinton speaking before the show couldn't taint the memories. I'd been at the B-stage several other times before and after that show, but that one song was the absolute highlight of them all.

Wish they would bring back the B-stage, but doubt they would play three tunes from B&L - would be nice though! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-02 23:26 by Hairball.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 3, 2017 11:06

Love the Idea!!! Would be Great, if they would do it.!!
I rememeber a gig at the Amsterdam Arena, near the B-stage (ronnie side). I had brought my camera, made a picture of Ronnie taking a drink. He looked at me , and said, smiling Cheers Mate ..!!
That was so good.

Hope other people can experience that too.

Jeroen

Date: May 3, 2017 11:14

RipThisBone
onestep
The B stage is great !!

Great idea Lickskeith!

Would even be greater to play THREE Blue & Lonesome songs on a B-stage
in indoor arena's like Ziggo Dome Amsterdam, O2 London, Stockholm, Oslo etc.

Just a short walk from the main stage. Crowd will GO WILD.

Why all this talking about Ziggo Dome? I believe it will never happen. If they play Amsterdam then the ArenA, because they can make 2,5 as much money there.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 3, 2017 12:46

I love the B stage, often got very close, sometimes on the rail. I would love to see them do a couple of Chuck Berry numbers from there like they did Little Queenie on BTB tour.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 3, 2017 14:44

Maybe one of the B&L songs would go down well, as replacement for one of their warhoure slowies.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 4, 2017 01:33

I got right in front of the B-Stage at Dodgers Stadium in 2006. I think its time has passed. They are indeed older. If they could electronically move everybody out to a B-Stage, then maybe.

Date: May 4, 2017 02:59

24FPS
I got right in front of the B-Stage at Dodgers Stadium in 2006. I think its time has passed. They are indeed older. If they could electronically move everybody out to a B-Stage, then mytaybe.
That's exactly what they did on the ABB tour.

Plexi

Date: May 4, 2017 04:29

timbernardis
24FPS
I got right in front of the B-Stage at Dodgers Stadium in 2006. I think its time has passed. They are indeed older. If they could electronically move everybody out to a B-Stage, then mytaybe.

Plexi

Indeed, it was like a slow moving sidewalk with a platform atop for retirement aged folks. winking smiley

Here's a quick look at it in action at Oakland (a show I was at), and just for you Tim a clear view of Charlie and his plexiglass. thumbs up

Rolling Stones Oakland 2006 - B-stage

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 4, 2017 04:45

corriecas
I had brought my camera, made a picture of Ronnie taking a drink. He looked at me , and said, smiling Cheers Mate ..!!

Could you share that picture here?

Date: May 4, 2017 06:11

Hairball
timbernardis
24FPS

Plexi

Indeed, it was like a slow moving sidewalk with a platform atop for retirement aged folks. winking smiley

Here's a quick look at it in action at Oakland (a show I was at), and just for you Tim a clear view of Charlie and his plexiglass. thumbs up

Thanks Hairball, that was truly exciting and made my day! Did u shoot that yourself?

Plexi

Date: May 4, 2017 06:59

timbernardis
Hairball
timbernardis
24FPS

Plexi

Thanks Hairball, that was truly exciting and made my day! Did u shoot that yourself?

Plexi

No sir, just did a quick search on youtube and there it was!thumbs up

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: May 4, 2017 14:25

timbernardis
I love the B stage, often got very close, sometimes on the rail. I would love to see them do a couple of Chuck Berry numbers from there like they did Little Queenie on BTB tour.

Hey timber, I agree I always thought a full Chuck set or a full motown set would be awesome for the B stage.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 4, 2017 14:58

Yep,

We around here would love all this stuff.

The problem, as always, is that it's not what 99% of the typical audience want to see & hear.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 5, 2017 00:54

I've always liked the 'b' stage performances. I like them stripped down and close to the crowd like that. they've pulled it off beautifully in yo face like that, on the relative dimension of a club stage; the bar band Stones.
plus i like the whole gimmick and drama of it on the walkway and all that. fun.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 5, 2017 11:04

I love it too.

...and there's nothing like being on the B stage rail with that low stage and the eye contact.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 5, 2017 14:57

Spud
Yep,

The problem, as always, is that it's not what 99% of the typical audience want to see & hear.

Quite a lot of people bought B&L - does that suggest they might like to hear one or two of the songs played?

Date: May 5, 2017 15:14

Green Lady
Spud
Yep,

Quite a lot of people bought B&L - does that suggest they might like to hear one or two of the songs played?

Indeed! The people who'll lose interest during those numbers, probably don't know songs like All Down The Line or Street Fighting Man either..

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: May 5, 2017 15:34

I know, I was lucky enough to be on the rail at the B stage during No Security in Washington DC....one of the songs was Midnight Rambler...incredible. The band looks right at you...they really do. Keith bent over and shook my hand, gave me a pick, the one he played Rambler with. I still have it of course, and look at the string rubs on it sometimes. Can you imagine, Keith Richards AND The Rolling Stones play Midnight Rambler, 4 feet away from you, and then Keith Richards GIVES you the pick, and shakes your hand. The grin...the firm handshake...the look right into your eyes...I mean the dude really was communicating....they love what they do, and they love us. The handshake was done with experience too...he leaned really back on his heels, so if I was one of those fans that would try to pull him off the stage they couldn't. Dude has been around. If you follow The Rolling Stones for over 40 years like I have...IF you are lucky, you get a few incidents like that one...and I've had a few brushes with the band like that one, and it's really more than a thrill to see your musical heros really care about us, and what they do. The B stage is simply awesome...brings them down right to you. The ARENA B brought them REALLY close. :-)

Spud
I love it too.

...and there's nothing like being on the B stage rail with that low stage and the eye contact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-05 15:35 by onestep.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 5, 2017 16:23

"Charlie...bring back that f*cking bridge..."

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 5, 2017 16:31

Love the B-Stage concept. Saw a lot of great performances there over the years. B&L songs would be an excellent fit in my opinion. However, I don't believe they consider the diehards much anymore, or maybe not at all? Anyhow, it is a fantastic idea.

Date: May 5, 2017 16:33

When they regularly could play SFM, Mannish Boy and Respectable on the B-stage in 2003, it wouldn't be too much to ask for some blues tunes now, imo smiling smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home