Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith plays on Chuck's new Album
Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: October 14, 2011 18:41

Zentgraf

late February: CHUCK LEAVELL. Los Angeles, California, unidentified
recording studio.
KR (gtr) records on two tracks for Chuck Leavell's upcoming piano-blues album.

This from his site:

Chuck has received a call from John Mayer to work on Mayer's new project. He will be recording with John in early December. Leavell also just finished recording five tracks in Nashville for David Nail's next project. He continues to work on his own new CD, a tribute to pioneering blues piano players from the 30s/40s/50s era and recently conducted his third round of recording sessions in Athens, Ga. Stay tuned!

Any News?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-14 19:01 by Vocalion.

Re: Keith plays on Chuck's Album
Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: October 14, 2011 18:43

Shit, I was thinking about CHUCK Berry

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: October 14, 2011 18:50

So was I!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 14, 2011 18:54

sounds great. love leavell...i'll get this one, keith or no keith.

Re: Keith plays on Chuck's new Album
Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 14, 2011 19:06

So Leavell is simply called Chuck now? That's just wrong. There's only one Chuck and that is Mr Berry.

Date: October 14, 2011 19:13

DragonSky
So Leavell is simply called Chuck now? That's just wrong. There's only one Chuck and that is Mr Berry.

can he be called The Chuckster, then? Or maybe The Bandleader? hmmm...i like the chuckster better...

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: October 14, 2011 19:17

I want a new Chuck Berry album even more than I want a new Rolling Stones album. sad smiley

Date: October 14, 2011 19:19

StonesTod
DragonSky

can he be called The Chuckster, then? Or maybe The Bandleader? hmmm...i like the chuckster better...

Ha ha - yeah! The Chuckster. How about The Plinker? The Plink-Plonker? The Plonker? The Plink Plock?

How about The Tinkler? Maybe just plain ol' Plinky.

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: October 14, 2011 19:21

DragonSky
StonesTod
DragonSky

Ha ha - yeah! The Chuckster. How about The Plinker? The Plink-Plonker? The Plonker? The Plink Plock?

Hehehehe....>grinning smiley<

Date: October 14, 2011 19:23

DragonSky
StonesTod
DragonSky

be nice. the chuckster rocks with the best of 'em.

Date: October 14, 2011 19:32

That does not discern good or bad...

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 14, 2011 20:03

I dont call him Chuck, just the irritating person playing too loud on too many bootlegs....

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: October 14, 2011 22:07

Thank you for the update on Chuck Leavell's forthcoming piano album. Will it be instrumental or does he sing on it as well? I'm curious.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 14, 2011 23:02

......Geeez I was thinkin' Chuck Norris had finally cut an album ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: October 14, 2011 23:30

I like this kinder, gentler, Todster...

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 14, 2011 23:39

Sad to say that i assumed he was talking about Leavell all along.
Smart move by Chuck...might sell a few copies now.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: October 15, 2011 00:47

Wait a second...IORRs ripping on a professional musician who has been an integral part of the Stones live sound since 1989? Wow. That is just sad, pathetic, delusional, hypocritical, etc...

Chuck's life seems pretty damn good. Sorry yours is so full of frustration and hatred.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: October 15, 2011 00:59

thewrittenwordisexpensive
Wait a second...IORRs ripping on a professional musician who has been an integral part of the Stones live sound since 1989? Wow. That is just sad, pathetic, delusional, hypocritical, etc...

Chuck's life seems pretty damn good. Sorry yours is so full of frustration and hatred.

I wouldn't take it too hard. First, for a Stone's fan to suggest Chuck L. is not comparable to Chuck Berry should not surprise anyone. Second, it's a legitimate criticism to state that you don't like the way a musician plays or the effect he/she has on the sound of the band.

There have been threads about Chuck L. in which the tone has been mean, as well as disrespectful. Even if you think this is one, remember that we also are mean and disrespectful about Ronnie, Mick and Keith... Besides, today Tod gave him a sweet nickname....

So, enjoy your weekend. Chuck is doing just fine. He can take it...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2011 01:16

I've got my superdeluxe uber edition order in with Amazon!

I hope they release this on HD Tracks!

Date: October 15, 2011 01:48

You don't visit here much do ya.

Date: October 15, 2011 01:55

DragonSky

smileys with beer It's a friday afternoon, quittin' time on the Pacific Coast...cheers to you DragonSky!

Date: October 15, 2011 01:59

Ahwright Treac! Catcha' laytah! It's beer time here in SE Louisiana and I've got a show to do! smileys with beer

Date: October 15, 2011 04:20

DragonSky
Ahwright Treac! Catcha' laytah! It's beer time here in SE Louisiana and I've got a show to do! smileys with beer

break a leg!

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: October 15, 2011 06:56

I believe much of the Chuck hatred is simply because of the way he looks. If he was unsmiling, underweight & had spikey hair people would consider him cool.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: October 15, 2011 07:28

DragonSky

Not hateful, but you are a bit of a defeatist. Try watching Kelly's Heroes!

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 15, 2011 07:33

DragonSky
StonesTod
DragonSky

lmao! i say the plinkster lol

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 15, 2011 07:48

Chuck lacks soul.

Date: October 15, 2011 07:53

Sleepy City
I believe much of the Chuck hatred is simply because of the way he looks. If he was unsmiling, underweight & had spikey hair people would consider him cool.

But he's not is he? He's a plump, smiley, curly haired son of satan!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home