Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT Woody Allen
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 14, 2011 16:26

silly Woody, great stuff

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: October 14, 2011 17:45

Those were the days...

And don't forget that fighting scene between the two Napoleons in "Love And Death"...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-14 18:42 by Greenblues.

Date: April 2, 2012 12:53

SwayStones
RobberBride
Yeah, I love Woody too. Have Midnight in Paris ready for viewing as we speak.
Haven´t seen the doc, so thanks for that tip. Will def look it up.

I saw Midnight in Paris a few weeks ago.
It should have been dedicated to CCM, The "Paris" lover.

I liked it but the movie lacks from deepness .
The main actor just plays as a pale imitator of Woody Allen himself.

Finally watched "Midnight in Paris" it was a 120% Woody Allen delight.

It is on DTV now, so for those of you who wait(me).... it is time... watch for it.

I agree that whats-his-name is a pale imitator of Woody.... it is too bad that Woody does not still play these roles himself, but I just imagine that is actually Woody playing the role, and it is great stuff. I love the concept of this movie and it moral.... and the footage of France is great. This movie looks like it was a lot of fun movie for Woody to make.... Good Stuff.... Im happy for Woody... looks like he is having fun and making money..... more more more !!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-02 12:58 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 2, 2012 14:59

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 3, 2012 01:07

I just saw Midnight in Paris too - on Saturday night. I loved the first 50 minutes - the ending seemed a bit abrupt - I felt the conclusion was a bit rushed.

One thing I like about Woody's later movies is that you know what you're going to see - it's comfort food for the weary film-goer. His characters are usually well-dressed, well-spoken, with a dashes of neuroticism & intellectualisms, and his films always have excellent sound tracks.

My favorites: Hannah and Her Sisters, Manhattan Murder Mystery, Matchpoint, Radio Days, Crimes & Misdemeanors, Alice, Annie Hall, and The Purple Rose of Cairo...

And I agree with others that Owen Wilson was filling Woody's shoes, but I do think that's the way Woody writes. Even though most of his scenes are not heavily scripted, the characters are always well-developed. I'm sure Woody always writes a "Woody" character, in other words.

Here's one of my favorites scenes from Annie Hall (sorry - I still can't seem to get the video image to appear but here's a link to it on YouTube):

video: [www.youtube.com]

Cheers~smoking smiley

Date: April 3, 2012 01:57

I was going to say allow me, but it does not allow embedding,
I am not sure why some goof balls do that, esp when it is other
people's material.

SPOILER COMMENT ABOUT Midnight in Pairs>>> hold down curser over / highlight to read... I was reading some opinions about this movie, something I like to do after watch a good film, then I rewatch the film mindful of things people said...

and one interesting point that was brought up was REGARDING THE LADY HE MEETS ON THE BRIDGE AT THE END, and previously when she was playing records out in the street... IS SHE FROM THE FUTURE??.... coming back to meet him??... because he went on to become a great writer, which he did not realize that himself, just like Fitzgerald and Hemmingway, and the others, did not fully realize they would become the greats that they are.

Who knows what Woody thought, or didnt think about this.... but if people are time slipping in Paris which we saw when they went back from 1920 to 1890.... then why cant someone from 2040 come back to the "good ole days" of today?

I also read that there was supposedly a real "time slip" incident in 1901... many articles about it when doing a Google search... [www.google.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 02:08 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 3, 2012 04:38

A few I don't like so much but I forgot to mention Purple Rose of Cairo, very good, if sad.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: April 3, 2012 06:24

I saw him play at the Carlyle Hotel in 2001 or 2002. Nothing too impressive IMHO but I'm not a jazz expert.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 06:26

The double CD below is worth getting:

Date: April 3, 2012 10:28

stoned in washington dc
i just watch the movies.i don't pass judgment on his morality.. i think thats silly.

WoW. That's fuccked up. Must be nice to so easily turn a blind eye to the inhumanity of a pedophile just because he makes so-called good films. If Jagger or Keith were child molesters would you still listen to their music? Or, is that just a silly question?

Date: April 3, 2012 10:46

Hey cool, it looks like Woody has another good film coming out later this month, in Italy anyway. It is called "To Rome with Love"... and IT HAS WOODY ACTING smiling smiley ... it also features Ellen Page, Jesse Eisenberg, Penélope Cruz and Alec Baldwin.

It is really impressive the way Woody can write and put out so many movies... some duds / some greats but all of them Woody.... what a great man. I feel lucky to have lived "in his time"... (see Woody!?, I learned from "Midnight in Paris" smiling smiley THANKS!!! )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 10:49 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 3, 2012 11:03

oops... looks like by the time Woody's new movie opens in the U.S. it will have a new name....

[thefilmstage.com]

""Racking up nearly $150 million worldwide and reeling in four Oscar nominations including Best Picture, it is safe to say Midnight In Paris is one of Woody Allen‘s biggest hits in every category possible. Per usual, he has already wrapped his next film, which was acquired by Sony Pictures Classics and now we’ve got a release date.

Starring Alec Baldwin, Roberto Benigni, Penélope Cruz, Judy Davis, Jesse Eisenberg, Greta Gerwig, Ellen Page, and Allen himself, Nero Fiddled will open on June 22nd, 2012. This could certainly mean a Cannes bow again (why not try for a repeat pattern of success?). Although Paris hit theaters in late May, the distributor has Maggie Gyllenhaal‘s Hysteria opening around the same time this year, so they likely spaced Fiddled out a bit. [ERC]

Nero Fiddled consists of four vignettes, one of which a husband and his wife travel to Rome and meet the family of the Italian man their daughter is going to marry. Another of the vignettes will feature Benigni as a man named Leopoldo who gets mistaken for a movie star. A third segment will feature Baldwin as an architect from California visiting Rome with his friends. In a fourth segment two newlyweds go to Rome in order to visit some relatives but instead get lost in the city.

The film will arrive against wide releases of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Brave, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World and IFC’s limited release of Your Sister’s Sister.""

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 3, 2012 20:30

Max'sKansasCity
I was going to say allow me, but it does not allow embedding,
I am not sure why some goof balls do that, esp when it is other
people's material.

Thank you, kind sir, for trying!cool smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 3, 2012 21:05

Max'sKansasCity

I agree that whats-his-name is a pale imitator of Woody.... it is too bad that Woody does not still play these roles himself,

Well, Woody wouldn't have been able to play this role because of his age .
I am a great "lover" fan of WH but IMO he lacked on revitalizing him self -to try out new ideas on his play .

Date: April 4, 2012 02:26

memphiscats
Thank you, kind sir, for trying!cool smiley

anything for you memphiscats smiling smiley

...and that is a funny/classic how Woody set up in that scene, how he early on spotted/choose Christopher Walken to do that character...... classic Woody Genuisthumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-04 02:30 by Max'sKansasCity.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home