Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones Mono Box
Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: October 12, 2011 19:26

Yeah, His Majesty, I guess you're right. There also some mono versions on these boots, so maybe I got a little bit confused. I like these alternate mixes btw., they make for a fresh listening experience.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 12, 2011 19:33

Greenblues
Yeah, His Majesty, I guess you're right. There also some mono versions on these boots, so maybe I got a little bit confused. I like these alternate mixes btw., they make for a fresh listening experience.

Indeed, and they also let us hear guitar parts better etc. thumbs up

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: October 12, 2011 20:54

For those who are interested, more info on the Dylan mono/stereo matter:

[www.rdf.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk]

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: October 14, 2011 23:15

thelantern
Mr Echo - I have never really noticed a huge divide between voice/guitar/harmonica etc. on the stereo versions of Dylan's early acoustic stuff. However, you've given me food for thought, so I'll definitely go back and listen to both the mono and stereo versions to compare and enjoy. I do like the mono mix on John Wesley Harding - definitely tougher and chunkier on the bottom end than the stereo.

"Bob Dylan" (1962) has the "wide" stereo mix (vocals/harmonica on one side, guitar on the other side), the mono is much better, with everything in the center.

"The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan" (1963) also has a "wide" stereo mix, again the mono is better.

"The Times They Are A-Changin'" (1964) and ""Another Side Of Bob Dylan" (1064) both have a "narrow", almost mono stereo mix, which is OK.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: October 14, 2011 23:25

Come On
I bought my last Stones-album on Mono 1967, Between the buttons, and it sounds beautiful. From 1968 it was almost impossible to find Mono-recordings from Decca...I would never buy a Mono-box on CD...does it sounds like an LP? I haven't met any people at my age (57) buying this CD-boxes since we know how it should sound when it't real stuff...

smoking smiley

Bob Dylan re-released his mono albums (everything from 1962–1968) both on CD and on vinyl in 2010 ("The Original Mono Recordings"-Box). The vinyl re-release is an all-analogue production, nothing was pressed from digital files, everything came from the original analogue masters. Furthermore the original artwork of the LPs was re-created in every little detail, they even reproduced the original inner sleeves and inserts and used the correct paper stock. It's like having the LPs as they appeared in stores in the 1960s. The Dylan Mono-Vinyl-Box is one of the best, if not the best vinyl reissue of 1960s rock music. The Rolling Stones' UK DECCA mono LPs (1964–1969) deserve the same treatment.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2011 00:42

MrEcho
Come On
I bought my last Stones-album on Mono 1967, Between the buttons, and it sounds beautiful. From 1968 it was almost impossible to find Mono-recordings from Decca...I would never buy a Mono-box on CD...does it sounds like an LP? I haven't met any people at my age (57) buying this CD-boxes since we know how it should sound when it't real stuff...

smoking smiley

Bob Dylan re-released his mono albums (everything from 1962–1968) both on CD and on vinyl in 2010 ("The Original Mono Recordings"-Box). The vinyl re-release is an all-analogue production, nothing was pressed from digital files, everything came from the original analogue masters. Furthermore the original artwork of the LPs was re-created in every little detail, they even reproduced the original inner sleeves and inserts and used the correct paper stock. It's like having the LPs as they appeared in stores in the 1960s. The Dylan Mono-Vinyl-Box is one of the best, if not the best vinyl reissue of 1960s rock music. The Rolling Stones' UK DECCA mono LPs (1964–1969) deserve the same treatment.

OK, I'm sold, put me down for 3 box sets!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home