Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Exclusive clip from RS.com
Date: September 30, 2011 11:13

Come On
why the guitar Mick? I can't remember seeing Mick with a guitar on stage ever, and I have been at probably 8 Stones-concerts through the years since 1982...

(on the other hand there's not much I remember in general from this concerts smoking smiley)

Too much of =>

He always plays guitar on Miss You, as well as on a lot of the Some Girls-numbers. The three guitar-attack, remember? smiling smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 30, 2011 11:28

The three guitar-attack

Ohh I love it..sounds really heavy...thumbs up

2 1 2 0

Date: September 30, 2011 12:12

Come On
The three guitar-attack

Ohh I love it..sounds really heavy...thumbs up

It does on Respectable, When The Whip Comes Down, Imagination and Lies (the latter unfortunately not in this setlist).

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: September 30, 2011 12:30

Great Sound, great picture, great performance - but indeed I worry, that this will be looking like a Mick Jagger solo-gig, he´s the only one in focus ... this might be a little bit disappointing!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 30, 2011 12:55

Come On
why the guitar Mick? I can't remember seeing Mick with a guitar on stage ever, and I have been at probably 8 Stones-concerts through the years since 1982...

(on the other hand there's not much I remember in general from this concerts smoking smiley)

Too much of =>

Yes, too much, now and then, it seems ...

MJ with guitar, few examples:

75: Fingerprint File

78: Miss You

81: When the Whip Comes Down, Just My Imagination, Waiting on a Friend

97/98: Sister Morphine

05/06: Back of My Hand

Further we have a extended thread about the great rhythm guitar skills of MJ here on the board.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: September 30, 2011 14:01

A little advice Come On.....

For the next show, skip the booze!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 30, 2011 14:13

AT LAST something coming out from 78 !
listen to the guitars interaction . It's over nowadays

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: September 30, 2011 14:37

kowalski

Mick's best tour? Fabulous singing. Compared to recent versions, this sounds amazing.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: September 30, 2011 20:44

Dangit... At 00:35 notice Charlie's drums... He hits a crash and we don't hear it. Is the video/audio from a different night? I also think I hear some phantom vocals (original vocals leaking into the mix). I hope this is not the norm.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 30, 2011 21:51

I can't make a judgement with only these PC-speakers avaialble this moment, but IF the soundquality of this Miss You clip is DIFFERENT / WORSE than the other videoclips of this concert..... :

Then it must because they've took the audio directly from the Handsome Girls bootleg for the official Fort Worth 1978, but NOT for "Miss You"

The reason is that "Miss You" on Handsome Girls is taken from Detroit not Fort Worth....only the first and the last minute comes from Fort Worth - before the tape cut occoured......that's the only explanation I can think of

The original audio of the video is IOW not as good as "the Handsome Girls tapes"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-30 21:59 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 1, 2011 02:24

The audio sounds bad because it is mono. They did not release a great quality the clip. The video and audio quality are dumbed down for web release. The audio is in straightup mono. Furthermore... it might be a mono downconvert from the 5.1 mix.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 1, 2011 03:42

Man, it is great to see and hear Mick Jagger using that god-given voice with full force. So expressive, powerful and vital. No over-driven nasal or other 'struggled catness' tricks.

- Doxa

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1570
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home