Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Terrible sales for Superheavy in U.S: #26 with 17k
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 2, 2011 10:47

LoveJuiceStartsToFlow
And all the IORRians are sitting on their fence, doing nothing or playing with some street-toys???

Unbelievable ... confused smiley

Nope, not sitting on the fence or playing with toys, it's just that Max'sKansasCity is generally considered an idiot and there's no real point in arguing with him.

come on juicey troll, you can do better than that

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-02 10:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 2, 2011 10:57

ROCKMAN

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: October 2, 2011 11:06

man oh man do we have more sympathy for keith richards now than
we had a few weeks ago!

rolling stones fans, good news! you can have him, we don't want him!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 2, 2011 11:34

Max'sKansasCity
Take a look at your own post history, which topic (hint- SH) is the only topic you and your buddy proudmary ever post on?

You're too biased to argue with you. You think that I'm paid for my SH thread and 61 thousand views must be the result of my well paid activities. You're free to think whatever makes you happy.

Date: October 2, 2011 11:44

proudmary
Max'sKansasCity
Take a look at your own post history, which topic (hint- SH) is the only topic you and your buddy proudmary ever post on?

You're too biased to argue with you. You think that I'm paid for my SH thread and 61 thousand views must be the result of my well paid activities. You're free to think whatever makes you happy.

You act as if companies do not pay people to viral market their products, it has become quite common. It is deceptive and sleazy, but it is common. I would like to see boards add to their sign up pages/agreements where people agree to not receive compensation of any kind to market any products, this would keep "paid to post" planted posters off honest boards.

I read you say a lot proudmary but I did not see you deny that you are compensated to post about superheavy... are you?

Date: October 2, 2011 11:50

It goes the other way too... people paid to bash products... I would also like boards have people agree that they will not receive compenstaion of any to act as agent in ayway either to support, or insult anyones products.

I guarantee that I have received no compenstaion of any kind form anybody about anything I have ever posted anywhere... and on the matter of Super Heavy I have stayed fairly neutral, I dont care except that it might distract Jagger from The Stones, but that is not my business, so I have not said much positive or negative.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: October 2, 2011 12:03

Max'sKansasCity
It goes the other way too... people paid to bash products... I would also like boards have people agree that they will not receive compenstaion of any to act as agent in ayway either to support, or insult anyones products.

I guarantee that I have received no compenstaion of any kind form anybody about anything I have ever posted anywhere... and on the matter of Super Heavy I have stayed fairly neutral, I dont care except that it might distract Jagger from The Stones, but that is not my business, so I have not said much positive or negative.

Your clearly unfounded attacks are very hurtful to me. I've never seen you posting such attacks against all these "The Rolling Stones"- and "Mick Jagger" bashers. Who do pay all those crude posters? Who did pay you to attack me?

I'm really horrified by your very bad manners.

Date: October 2, 2011 12:08

HighwireC
Max'sKansasCity

Your clearly unfounded attacks are very hurtful to me. I've never seen you posting such attacks against all these "The Rolling Stones"- and "Mick Jagger" bashers. Who do pay all those crude posters? Who did pay you to attack me?

OK, this is simple, I stated I was not paid by anyone... but I did not see you say that.

Date: October 2, 2011 12:11

Max'sKansasCity
proudmary
Max'sKansasCity

You act as if companies do not pay people to viral market their products, it has become quite common. It is deceptive and sleazy, but it is common. I would like to see boards add to their sign up pages/agreements where people agree to not receive compensation of any kind to market any products, this would keep "paid to post" planted posters off honest boards.

I read you say a lot proudmary but I did not see you deny that you are compensated to post about superheavy... are you?

Come on, be reasonable! Who will pay me and for what? I only publish articles and news from open sources from Intrenet. I do not even have any insider sources, and I can not share anything special. People like to be able to have all the information in one place - here's the secret of SH thread popularity. In addition, people started to sympathize with Jagger in the past year - he came out of this embarrassing situation in the most decent way.

Date: October 2, 2011 12:19

Max'sKansasCity
HighwireC
Max'sKansasCity

OK, this is simple, I stated I was not paid by anyone... but I did not see you say that.

Who are you to blame people to be paid for being a stonesfan and to force them to do some statements? This is not only unethical, in Germany those coercions are against law, too.

Date: October 2, 2011 12:21

Still, niether of you have denied that you are being compensated.

I will, it is easy
I state for the record, I am paid no compensation by anyone, at any time, for anything I post on this board, further, I promise that I will not promote any money making business on this board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-02 12:24 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 2, 2011 12:26

ROCKMAN

Date: October 2, 2011 12:29

Max'sKansasCity
Still, niether of you have have denied that you are being compensated... oh well.

I have a rule - not to offend the poor. Come rejoice Sunday sun

Date: October 2, 2011 12:30

okey dokey

Date: October 2, 2011 13:30

Max'sKansasCity seems cool to me

Date: October 2, 2011 13:36

keefriffhard4life
Thanks keef, right back at ya mansmileys with beer

I guess if one spends enough time around here, and speaks one's mind often enough, then one will rub a couple of people the wrong way... but hopefully one will get along fine, and have fun, with more (good, long term, IORRers) and that makes it worthwhile staying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-02 13:45 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 2, 2011 13:49

keefriffhard4life

brainless jealous moron not so cool in my book

Date: October 2, 2011 13:51

proudmary
keefriffhard4life

oh well

Date: October 2, 2011 13:58

Max'sKansasCity
proudmary
keefriffhard4life

oh well

oh well - You know what? "oh well" - it is not enough. You publicly insulted me and I demand a public apology
there are 61 000 views on SH thread I think people really like what I do and I'm not willing to tolerate your envious insinuations

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-02 14:03 by proudmary.

Date: October 2, 2011 14:01

proudmary
Max'sKansasCity
proudmary
keefriffhard4life

oh well

oh well - You know what? "oh well" - it is not enough. You publicly insulted me and I demand a public apology

I simply asked you if you were paid to post, and you refuse to say either way... so oh well.... this not to mention all the insulting you do. You get pretty rude, so give it a rest on demanding anything.

/done with this thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-02 14:06 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 2, 2011 14:11

Max'sKansasCity
keefriffhard4life

I guess if one spends enough time around here, and speaks one's mind often enough, then one will rub a couple of people the wrong way... but hopefully one will get along fine, and have fun, with more (good, long term, IORRers) and that makes it worthwhile staying.

How much did you pay him for writing this?
One beer may be not enough!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-02 14:14 by HighwireC.

Date: October 2, 2011 14:16

HighwireC
georgelicks
Doxa
It would be intersting to hear some explanations what happened in America. Does that reflect more general tendency of the record business going down, and people not any longer buying records (and The US thereby leading the trend), or is it just people not liking so much of The Stones (or Jagger) in particular.

A very simple explanation IMO:

1- No more US hits for the Stones since 1990

2- The US market changed radically in 1991-92 and even worse in 1999-2000, the once "cool" Stones' music no longer fits on the radio, not even on the rock radio, their last US Rock Top 20 track was Saint Of Me in early 1998.

Decreasing radio/tv airplay, decreasing album sales.

Hi georgelicks,
let me ( and TheGR, perhaps) ask you again:

The GR
I bet it sales millions in India. Any way what were the sales of Wingless Angels?

I'm very curious to get the dates of Talk Is Cheap and Main Offender, too. And how did Ronnie, Charlie, Bill and Mick T. btw.?

Are these releases "cooler" than those of Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones?

And: How many albums (CDs and digital downloads together) in 1990, 2000 and 2010? Total numbers, please. I want to see, if the music market is really going down ...

Please. smoking smiley

Let's go back to the numbers. I'm still in hope, georgelicks can deliver some hard facts.

Date: October 2, 2011 14:17

HighwireC
Max'sKansasCity
keefriffhard4life

How much did you pay him for writing this?
One beer my be not enough!
That is pretty funny coming from someone who will not say if they are paid to post.. not to mention your drivel about ""is not only unethical, in Germany those coercions are against law, too""

too funny...

anyway... Looks to me like SH hired the wrong PPs, all these two PPs(paidposters) do is turn me off of SuperHeavy....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-02 14:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: October 2, 2011 14:23

georgelicks
[new.music.yahoo.com]

"Superheavy's Superheavy bows at #26. All five members of this high-powered quartet have cracked the top 10 on The Billboard 200. Mick Jagger has amassed 36 top 10 albums with the Rolling Stones (yet none on his own). Joss Stone has had three. Dave Stewart had two with Eurythmics. Damian Marley has had two. A.R. Rahman made it with the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack. Given this fire-power, this week's tepid entry is surprising. Which suggests two things: 1) You just never know. 2) Don't hold your breath waiting for Superheavy II."

I'm totally bummed about this, I expected a Top 10 debut (and the free falling)... but #26 with 17K is very low, at least the album is selling much better worldwide, Top 10 in almost all Europe, I'll post a summary next Friday.

Excellent news, Micky getting a bloody noise with his pink dogshit.

Date: October 2, 2011 14:47

proudmary
keefriffhard4life

are you talking about me???

Date: October 2, 2011 14:52

keefriffhard4life
proudmary
keefriffhard4life

are you talking about me???

Of course not

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 2, 2011 14:56

when will mick learn his lesson with this solo stuff,sometimes i start to feel bad for him and then i remember how much money he has and those feelings quickly go away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-02 14:58 by melillo.

Date: October 2, 2011 15:10

melillo
when will mick learn his lesson with this solo stuff,sometimes i start to feel bad for him and then i remember how much money he has and those feelings quickly go away

Mick has not only learned his lessons, he is very successfull by doing this:

Primitive Cool
USA: 350,000 - 400,000
Worldwide: 800,000 - 1.000,000

She's The Boss
USA: 1.300,000 (1.2m according to Billboard, July 1986) + 40,000 since 1991
Worldwide: 2.500,000

A Bigger Bang
USA: 560,000
Worldwide: 2.600,000

(numbers by georgelicks in this thread)

And again: All those solo working is not against The Rolling Stones, as some folks here wants to believe. All Stones are very united with there soloworking episodes between the The Rolling Stones working periodes.

So don't get hotheaded and stop all those Mick- and Stones-bashing, please.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 2, 2011 15:18

sales alone are not the point, primitive cool and shes the boss are not good albums they sold only because of micks super star status

Date: October 2, 2011 15:22

melillo
sales alone are not the point, primitive cool and shes the boss are not good albums they sold only because of micks super star status

May be, you don't like those albums. But many people do. No one is forced to buy.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1379
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home