Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Carly Simon says she co-wrote TILL THE NEXT GOODBYE with the intention that she and Mick sing it as a duet.
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 29, 2011 06:39

Well now I'm really confused as this is one of the ones Taylor allegedly co-wrote. It seems about the only person NOT involved in writing this track is Keith, yet his name is on it.

Re: Carly Simon says she co-wrote TILL THE NEXT GOODBYE with the intention that she and Mick sing it as a duet.
Posted by: 5string ()
Date: September 29, 2011 07:49

I can't believe anyone could think Memory Motel sux!! Both vocals, the keys and guitars are very moving--a wonderful piece!

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: September 29, 2011 12:44

5string
I can't believe anyone could think Memory Motel sux!! Both vocals, the keys and guitars are very moving--a wonderful piece!
good song but i feel that the vocals on the first verse are poor

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: September 29, 2011 12:48

Amsterdamned
Isn't that Miss Jagger singing along at 01:55 ?
Great version imo.

yeah! cool didnt know that. 01.55

Date: September 29, 2011 12:54

Well its not very unlikely that Simon cowrote till the next time and without getting into the "credits" of Ry, Gram, Billy, Nicky (?), Taylor, Brian, Bill or Ronnie, lets just say it wouldnt be the first time Jagger/Richards includes other writers than just Mick/Keith. It makes seense with Simon being a possible co writer because of the influence she has on one or two songs (If you really want to be my friend, Till the next time).

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: September 29, 2011 13:31

71Tele
Well now I'm really confused as this is one of the ones Taylor allegedly co-wrote. It seems about the only person NOT involved in writing this track is Keith, yet his name is on it.

With the case of stones songs,If Mick wrote it then Keith's name is going to be on it regardless of if he had anything to do with it and vice versa when Mick is not involved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-29 13:31 by Ket.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 29, 2011 19:20

Redhotcarpet
Well its not very unlikely that Simon cowrote till the next time and without getting into the "credits" of Ry, Gram, Billy, Nicky (?), Taylor, Brian, Bill or Ronnie, lets just say it wouldnt be the first time Jagger/Richards includes other writers than just Mick/Keith. It makes seense with Simon being a possible co writer because of the influence she has on one or two songs (If you really want to be my friend, Till the next time).

in ACCORDING TO THE ROLLING STONES Ronnie talks about how getting a writing credit meant being there at the right time and pushing and pushing for that credit. If Mick and Keith were acting properly, they wouldn't have to be pushed to assign deserved credit. And so the richest get richer.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 29, 2011 20:44

5string

It doesn't suck. Its classic Keith and Mick interplay.
People here would beg for that today.

Great song

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 30, 2011 02:32

Date: September 30, 2011 03:07

Ket
71Tele

With the case of stones songs,If Mick wrote it then Keith's name is going to be on it regardless of if he had anything to do with it and vice versa when Mick is not involved.

Um, yeah. File that under "Duh". cool smiley

I was just pointing out that Keith probably had nothing to do with it. Maybe Jagger/Simon/Taylor.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: September 30, 2011 03:47

So he had her several years ago...when she was still quite naive?

Posted by: drjay ()
Date: September 30, 2011 04:54

^brilliant!

Date: September 30, 2011 06:40

Always thought Mick made that record with his backing vocal, especially when he brings home the "Don't you, don't you..." bit.

Date: September 30, 2011 10:23

Title5Take1
Redhotcarpet

in ACCORDING TO THE ROLLING STONES Ronnie talks about how getting a writing credit meant being there at the right time and pushing and pushing for that credit. If Mick and Keith were acting properly, they wouldn't have to be pushed to assign deserved credit. And so the richest get richer.

Bill Wyman said the same thing, he tried to push for it but Brian didnt have the strenght.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: September 30, 2011 11:50

71Tele
Ket
71Tele

Um, yeah. File that under "Duh". cool smiley
Well you can call it "Duh" but many of the posters here don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of it.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 30, 2011 14:02

Great Guitar lead in You're So Vain! That's Jimmy Ryan on guitar. I beleive also that Jim Gordon plays drums on it.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home