Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Sticky: Fingers
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 16, 2010 20:09

WANT TO SEE HOW LONG KEEP IT UP. The thread I mean.

WHY ANOTHER Sticky Fingers THREAD?

(1) For discussion of this great album
(2) Main purpose of this thread is dumb... seeing "Sticky: Fingers" with other "Sticky" threads

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-23 23:11 by schillid.

Re: Sticky: Fingers
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 16, 2010 20:25

Schillid, I don't think an excuse for the GIF is necessary provided that you tell the ladies if this is Jagger or Keith. That's quintessential to them.

While SF contains many great Stones songs, Sway has been my favourite SF-song from the beginning on: great rhythm/groove, that special Stones mid tempo, wonderful melody, (harmony) vocals and Taylor guitar. Besides great lyrics. A classic Stones song.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 16, 2010 20:54

schillid

(1) For discussion of this great album
(2) I like seeing "Sticky Fingers" with other "Sticky" threads
(3) Excuse to post the animated GIF above
that's pretty cool how you have the graphics on sf

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 16, 2010 20:56

I think the whole picture is a bit doubtful first he wears it on the right then when his trousers are of it's hangs in the middle !!!!!! or has he a roll of peppermint in his pocked ? ;o)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 16, 2010 21:50

OK

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 16, 2010 21:54

SF is a great album.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 16, 2010 22:48

Indeed it is

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 16, 2010 23:38

It's one of their best, I think

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 16, 2010 23:42

Great songs.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 17, 2010 01:16

kleermaker
While SF contains many great Stones songs, Sway has been my favourite SF-song from the beginning on: great rhythm/groove, that special Stones mid tempo, wonderful melody, (harmony) vocals and Taylor guitar. Besides great lyrics. A classic Stones song.

I agree,pure magic.

schillid
SF is a great album.

Of course it is...

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 17, 2010 01:25

I'd say that "Sway" is downright slow, not mid-tempo. And I can't think of too many others that fit the category.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 17, 2010 01:48

NICOS
I think the whole picture is a bit doubtful first he wears it on the right then when his trousers are of it's hangs in the middle !!!!!! or has he a roll of peppermint in his pocked ? ;o)

The 'package' belongs to the Warhol 'superstar' Joe Dallesandro (also immortalised as 'Little Joe' in Lou Reed's 'Walk On The Wild Side')

A movie still of him from the film 'Flesh' was used as the cover photo for The Smiths' self-titled debut album in 1984.

If you really feel the need to figure out whether he dresses to the left or right, a quick google search with the 'safe search' option off should keep the debate going for a while - I couldnt possibly post the photos!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 17, 2010 10:32

for album artwork.
This is a letter from Mick Jagger to Andy Warhol concerning the artwork for the album.
There is a bit of debate as to which album Mick is referring to. Most think it is ‘Sticky Fingers’ which featured a shot of Joe Dallesandro’s crotch, with workable zip, and for the first time showcased the band’s tongue and lips logo.

But there is a discrepancy over the date with some saying the letter is dated too early for this to be related to ‘Sticky Fingers’.

21st April, 1969
Andy Warhol,
33 Union Square,
W.N.Y.10003
NEW YORK
Dear Andy,
I’m really pleased you can do the art-work for our new hits album. Here are 2 boxes of material which you can use, and the record.
In my short sweet experience, the more complicated the format of the album, e.g. more complex than just pages or fold-out, the more @#$%&-up the reproduction and agonising the delays. But, having said that, I leave it in your capable hands to do what ever you want………..and please write back saying how much money you would like.
Doubtless a Mr.Al Steckler will contact you in New York, with any further information. He will probably look nervous and say “Hurry up” but take little notice.
Love,
(Signed)
MICK JAGGER

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: December 17, 2010 10:44

My favorite Stones album. Seems very underrated nowadays. Even Keith barely mentions it in Life...

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 17, 2010 10:44

The best RS's song collection ever............. the best produced album, the best song writing, ...........................

Posted by: novica ()
Date: December 17, 2010 10:51

imo,best r'n'r album ever !

Date: December 17, 2010 11:27

--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-17 11:27 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: December 17, 2010 12:42

Their recording peak. This is where "Bitch" and "Moonlight Mile" meet. Great sound, great variety, great feel & inspiration. Just perfect.

Date: December 17, 2010 17:49

proudmary
for album artwork.
This is a letter from Mick Jagger to Andy Warhol concerning the artwork for the album.
There is a bit of debate as to which album Mick is referring to. Most think it is ‘Sticky Fingers’ which featured a shot of Joe Dallesandro’s crotch, with workable zip, and for the first time showcased the band’s tongue and lips logo.

But there is a discrepancy over the date with some saying the letter is dated too early for this to be related to ‘Sticky Fingers’.

21st April, 1969
Andy Warhol,
33 Union Square,
W.N.Y.10003
NEW YORK
Dear Andy,
I’m really pleased you can do the art-work for our new hits album. Here are 2 boxes of material which you can use, and the record.
In my short sweet experience, the more complicated the format of the album, e.g. more complex than just pages or fold-out, the more @#$%&-up the reproduction and agonising the delays. But, having said that, I leave it in your capable hands to do what ever you want………..and please write back saying how much money you would like.
Doubtless a Mr.Al Steckler will contact you in New York, with any further information. He will probably look nervous and say “Hurry up” but take little notice.
Love,
(Signed)
MICK JAGGER

"our new hits album" doesn't sound like SF. The date is also a contra-indication.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: December 17, 2010 22:19

This letter was dated two days before the famous Jamming with Edward session.
They were at the middle of the Let it bleed album sessions in april that year.
The album Let it bleed came out in december 1969.
Sticky Fingers came out no sooner than april 1971.

It just doesn't make sense, unless they planned Andy to design the cover for Let it Bleed.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: December 17, 2010 22:20

That letter is obviously about the cover for "Through The Past, Darkly", which I think originally Warhol was to design.
For some reason (to busy?) he didn´t get around to do it until Sticky Fingers.
Maybe someone can verify this?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 17, 2010 22:26

................................................Let It Rock

ROCKMAN

Date: December 17, 2010 22:32

In April 1969, Let It Bleed was probably already finished,including the cover design. It was released later that yeasr to coincide with the '69 tour.

Mick was probably referring to their next album after LIB (which he jokingly called "our new hit album" ). In fact you see the Stones working on SF in Gimme Shelter the movie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-17 23:18 by schillid.

Date: December 17, 2010 23:25

Judging from different sizes of the bulges, it appears that the inner crotch shot is of a different male model than the cover shot. Inquiring minds want to know... Who's inside?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 17, 2010 23:42

6 down schillid --------------- [www.iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Date: December 17, 2010 23:51

Glenn O'Brien ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 18, 2010 01:17

schillid
In April 1969, Let It Bleed was probably already finished,including the cover design. It was released later that yeasr to coincide with the '69 tour.

Mick was probably referring to their next album after LIB (which he jokingly called "our new hit album" ). In fact you see the Stones working on SF in Gimme Shelter the movie.

Let It Bleed wasnt finished until a couple of weeks before the tour started in early November. The final sessions took place in LA in late October.

The letter to Warhol relates to 'Through The Past Darkly', which came out in September 1969. However, in the end they didnt use a Warhol piece for the artwork.

Date: December 18, 2010 01:23

Gazza

The letter to Warhol relates to 'Through The Past Darkly', which came out in September 1969. However, in the end they didnt use a Warhol piece for the artwork.

Exactly what I thought: my first own Stones album. And a good one too. Great artwork as well.

Posted by: lsbz ()
Date: December 18, 2010 01:45

schillid

Mick was probably referring to their next album after LIB (which he jokingly called "our new hit album" ).

No, because the letter says they actually sent "the record". Consensus seems to be that it was about Through The Past, Darkly and that it fell through.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-18 01:48 by lsbz.

Date: December 18, 2010 02:12

okay then

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home