Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: If Mick had saved his Wandering Spirit songs for Voodoo Lounge...
Date: September 25, 2011 11:41

IMO the point is VL could, should have been much better. Don Was was way too blind to see, I think. So determined to fashion the perfect Stonesalbum: with all the great Stones ingredients from different eras thrown in at once. With not the right regard towards times and songs.
I like KRiffhard's list very much. There are superb outtakes left on cutting floor that would have significantly changed the identity of album. Unlike 77 for SG sessions, had they subbed some outtakes for other songs it wouldn't have made a fundamental change.
So many excellent songs unused. Almost makes one pine for another deluxe reissue dedicated to VL feat. Middle of the Sea, It's Funny, Make it Now, Honest Man, Zip Mouth Angel, etc etc

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 25, 2011 16:14

Palace Revolution 2000
IMO the point is VL could, should have been much better. Don Was was way too blind to see, I think. So determined to fashion the perfect Stonesalbum: with all the great Stones ingredients from different eras thrown in at once. With not the right regard towards times and songs.
I like KRiffhard's list very much. There are superb outtakes left on cutting floor that would have significantly changed the identity of album. Unlike 77 for SG sessions, had they subbed some outtakes for other songs it wouldn't have made a fundamental change.
So many excellent songs unused. Almost makes one pine for another deluxe reissue dedicated to VL feat. Middle of the Sea, It's Funny, Make it Now, Honest Man, Zip Mouth Angel, etc etc

Many thanks Palace! Agree...VL could have been so much better eye rolling smiley.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 25, 2011 17:04

Very nice thread but I don't think "Sweet Thing" could have been recorded by the Stones. It's really a MJ-solo song (imho).

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: September 25, 2011 17:33

dcba
Very nice thread but I don't think "Sweet Thing" could have been recorded by the Stones. It's really a MJ-solo song (imho).

Supposedly it's origins go back to the SW sessions-though it is listed as unverified. The same goes for WS's "Hang On To Me Tonight."

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: September 25, 2011 18:00

Let's not forget that Wandering Spirit is a pre-VL record - such as Main Offender and, don't forget!, Slide On This. So, a predecessor to VL is more liekely to discuss. (But we had that one already, didn't we)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home