Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones pass on "The Late, Late Show" Carpool Karaoke
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 6, 2016 18:51

According to The Mirror...so take with the proverbial grain of salt.

James Corden can't get no satisfaction as Rolling Stones snub "embarrassing" Carpool Karaoke sketch

5 NOV 2016
By Simon Boyle

The veteran rockers, including Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, reportedly ignored advice from their record label, who recommended they do the show

James Corden would love this scene to become a reality

[www.mirror.co.uk]
-----
James Corden responds to TMZ:

[www.tmz.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-07 19:18 by bye bye johnny.

Re: Stones pass on "The Late, Late Show" Carpool Karaoke
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 6, 2016 19:04

They were right. It would have been beyond embarrassing. They should fire whoever told them it would be a good idea.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 6, 2016 19:26

Actually they pass from almost everything, except 2-3 Fallon apearences in 6-7 years, their TV activity is NON EXISTENT: no interviews and no performances.

The Stones' are just so under the radar for the main public, except for the (few) live shows.

Less than a month before the first album in 11 years, they have no video on youtube for the first single, no interviews, no TV activity scheduled.
We can't be surprised if the new album fails to sell with this lack of promotion.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 6, 2016 19:27

Don't care that much, although I don't see what would have been so bad about that. Its a semi funny sketch in its own way. I honestly prefer it to the childish games Fallon plays on his shows. If they don't do it, thats fine, but if they were I don't think it would be "embarrassing". Its just some lighthearted fun.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 6, 2016 19:45

[iorr.org]

yes they or Mick should do it. They'd get a kick out of it or at the least quite a few cd sales...the late night segment is awesome...

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: November 6, 2016 20:28

James Corden is a dick who loves himself too much and they made the right move not appearing with him.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 6, 2016 20:29

My thoughts on this run the gamut. It could be hilarious, epic. But how to constrian the Stones in a car? Mick usually inhabits a big stage. And what would they sing. A minimalist Country Honk in Ole Ole Ole was wonderfully effective. What would Charlie and Ronnie do? (Oh, to see Charlie's face...) Could Ronnie cram in a steel guitar, maybe for a lovely Far Away Eyes? Would Keith remember the words? Nope. Can't see it. Rats.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 6, 2016 20:38

<<< The veteran rockers, including Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, reportedly ignored advice from their record label, who recommended they do the show >>>

GOOD !!! thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 6, 2016 20:46

In or around 1965 the group (and Andrew Oldham) mimed to the Sonny and Cher hit 'I Got You Babe'.
They seemed to enjoy the experience.
Perhaps they take themselves too seriously these days?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 6, 2016 21:01

The band doesn't even do music videos for their singles unless it is a contractual requirement. They built relationships with Matt Lauer and Jimmy Fallon in the last 15 years or so and have had long relationships with Lorne Michaels and Jann Wenner. They simply aren't media-friendly unless they need to be and, while it may limit CD sales, it is fitting for their stature and attitude that they remain scornful of showbiz phoniness, both individualy and as a group. While fans here may resent their doing corporate shows, this is an example of the band staying true to their anti-establishment roots. Good for them.

Date: November 6, 2016 21:06

jlowe
In or around 1965 the group (and Andrew Oldham) mimed to the Sonny and Cher hit 'I Got You Babe'.
They seemed to enjoy the experience.
Perhaps they take themselves too seriously these days?

What does that have to do with the carpool skit? Nothing. Why would they want to be the 800th to do the same cheesy bit? Why the hell would they want to do a bit that every 15-min. celeb has done?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 6, 2016 21:14

Stevie Wonder
Rod Stewart
Elton John
=never thought of them as 15 min celebs

And I'm sure Mick is envious of the record sales which Rod and Elton enjoy.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: November 6, 2016 21:43

Rokyfan
They were right. It would have been beyond embarrassing. They should fire whoever told them it would be a good idea.
paulywaul
<<< The veteran rockers, including Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, reportedly ignored advice from their record label, who recommended they do the show >>>

GOOD !!! thumbs up
Captain Teague
James Corden is a dick who loves himself too much and they made the right move not appearing with him.
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 6, 2016 21:45

Rocky Dijon
The band doesn't even do music videos for their singles unless it is a contractual requirement. They built relationships with Matt Lauer and Jimmy Fallon in the last 15 years or so and have had long relationships with Lorne Michaels and Jann Wenner. They simply aren't media-friendly unless they need to be and, while it may limit CD sales, it is fitting for their stature and attitude that they remain scornful of showbiz phoniness, both individualy and as a group. While fans here may resent their doing corporate shows, this is an example of the band staying true to their anti-establishment roots. Good for them.

Sadly truth IMO, except the part 'it may limit CD sales': it limit A LOT actually, the sales are very poor for a band as the Stones due their very low profile on the media.

Adele's karaoke skit has over 133 million viewers on YouTube, that's more than the viewers from the official videos of Gimme Shelter, Paint it Black, Angie, Start Me Up, JJF, IORR, Miss You, Brown Sugar and Satisfaction COMBINED.

Date: November 6, 2016 21:49

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, reportedly ignored advice from their record label

At this point I would bet they consider "record label advice" as the exact thing NOT to do.

Mick knows best... and he has know best for 30-40 years. One of the more amazing things he has done is after get screwed by the the first bunch of record labels and management he brushed it off and moved on.... and then kept moving forward... forming their own deals, walking away from the old bad deals and moving forward doing what is best for the band... and now he is worth 500 Million Dollars... half a Billion Dollars

record label schmecord label.

The last thing in the whole wide world I ever want to see is my favorite band in a car with this idiot late night goof ball... I dont even know how he has that job. I watched him at the start, I gave him a chance and I dont even know how he has that job. Recently someone's TV was on and this idiot was on there spouting his scripted propaganda BS about the U.S. election. It was beyond disgusting shilling.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-06 21:58 by HankM.

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: November 6, 2016 22:20

The Stones are above this dumpster fire of a show/skit. The Stones have always used the elusiveness (to mainstream jack ass media)to enhance their myth and standing to great effect.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: November 6, 2016 22:49

This is a mistake.They should have said yes

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 6, 2016 23:01

Mick n Keef with tatts ..... oh dear how uncool ...

ROCKMAN

Date: November 6, 2016 23:14

holy moly mirror.co.uk
What is the deal with those shopped in tatts?

The hipster bieber wanna be who decided that was a good look/idea should be caned

I am surprised they didn't give Charlie some earrings

good eye RM... yikes!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-06 23:19 by HankM.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 6, 2016 23:22

It might have been fun...on the other hand, it might have been a disaster. Charlie in the back rolling his eyes woulda make it worth it, though. smiling smiley

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: November 6, 2016 23:32

Spot on by Jagger. It was mildly amusing to begin with, but is truly awful now!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 6, 2016 23:46

Cmon, would Bob Dylan do it? No.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 6, 2016 23:47

Previous guests have included One Direction, Adele, Justin Bieber and Michelle Obama,

Four very good reasons not to do it.

Their allegiance is to Lorne Michaels, executive producer of the rival NBC late-night shows. which are completely stupid in their own way. Maybe daytime TV would have been better. Bowie did Rosie O'Donnell after all. Too late now, I guess they shot their load with another pointless Twitter chat that got zero buzz.

P.S. Reminds me of the time some label goofball tried to get Johnny Cash to wear a plaid shirt when doing a late-night appearance during the grunge era. That suggestion went down well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-06 23:51 by DeanGoodman.

Date: November 6, 2016 23:48

strat72
Spot on by Jagger. It was mildly amusing to begin with, but is truly awful now!
exactly. I do not get people who think the same joke is funny over and over and over again. It was cute. It's now old and rotten.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 6, 2016 23:59

I just realised how silly they would look with tattoos.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 7, 2016 00:07

Rockman
Mick n Keef with tatts ..... oh dear how uncool ...

But...but...but doesn't that one on Keith's left tricep say "Who the f*** is Rockman?"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 7, 2016 00:30

..... no that's tattooed across his chest ...hhhhhhhaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 7, 2016 01:00

bye bye johnny
According to The Mirror...so take with the proverbial grain of salt.

James Corden can't get no satisfaction as Rolling Stones snub "embarrassing" Carpool Karaoke sketch

5 NOV 2016
By Simon Boyle

The veteran rockers, including Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, reportedly ignored advice from their record label, who recommended they do the show

James Corden would love this scene to become a reality

[www.mirror.co.uk]

So the photo is just a piece of fiction - photo shopped?

Posted by: terry ()
Date: November 7, 2016 01:09

I'm glad the stones have turned it down. The only person who thinks James corden
Is funny is himself.
His just annoying guy with no talent.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: November 7, 2016 01:21

I think Mick has made a brief appearance in the past...

[www.youtube.com]

Olly.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1153
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home