Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

what 1969 concerts have no live recordings that we know of?
Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: November 7, 2016 20:49

I have heard Auburn doesn't exist. What other show?

I attended a record show in Chicago near O'hare at a Holiday Inn on Mannheim in 79 or 80. There was a guy that sold tapes. Usually nothing special. Crappy audience recordings that he wanted to much for. He also had some rare air stuff which he wasn't selling. He was big into Zepplin and the Stones. He was a braggart and supposed drug supplier to soundboard and light guys. I didn't like him, and always found him to be not believable.

Anyways, he claimed he had an Auburn recording (not for sale). At the time I didn't realize it was rare rare rare. He told a story that it came form a yard sale near the University. An older woman's son attended Auburn and was in the audio visual courses. He recorded the show with two mikes on each side near the stage. He then was going to make a class project of it but thought better once he realized the legal consequences. They were put away in the attic, he moved on with life and mom sold the whole stock of his recording at a yard sale in the late 70's.

just wondered if any recording has ever surfaced. I could see this guy never selling or sharing other than to show off from time to time.

Re: what 1969 concerts have no live recordings that we know of?
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: November 8, 2016 20:00

Never seen one of the Auburn shows around, but I'm ready to pay for it!

There was a thread about the complete second show from Champaign,
but I to this day I did not see it anywhere either. sad smiley

[iorr.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home