Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: SuperHeavy sucks!
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 18, 2011 18:01

shortfatfanny
Who is a "real Stones fan" ?

I am for sure and that´s why i hate this shit that Jagger is doing right now.He is no longer a rockstar and that is very sad.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 18, 2011 18:11

JumpinJeppeFlash
shortfatfanny

I am for sure and that´s why i hate this shit that Jagger is doing right now.He is no longer a rockstar and that is very sad.

To like or dislike Super Heavy ( or Wingless Angels for example ) is one thing,but to put it in the way you did
is way too much drama...or should I say "Todgerate".... ?

Date: September 18, 2011 18:12

shortfatfanny
JumpinJeppeFlash
shortfatfanny

To like or dislike Super Heavy ( or Wingless Angels for example ) is one thing,but to put it in the way you did

And that is your problem?

Date: September 18, 2011 18:15

JumpinJeppeFlash
shortfatfanny
JumpinJeppeFlash
shortfatfanny

And that is your problem?

My Problem ? No way...but you seem to be personally insulted by Jagger for not wanting or being a rockstar
anymore...

Date: September 18, 2011 18:18

It´s just my opinion, i wont argue with someone seem to think SH is better than a final stonestour.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 18, 2011 18:23

DragonSky

As if Mick playing harmonica on She's The Boss or Primitive Cool could possibly make those albums any better. .

There's one person on this forum at least who seems to think these were the highlight of his career and maybe even the greatest records ever made.

Date: September 18, 2011 18:26

JumpinJeppeFlash
It´s just my opinion, i wont argue with someone seem to think SH is better than a final stonestour.

Where or when did I say this ? You simply draw the wrong conclusion.

JumpinJeppeFlash
He is no longer a rockstar and that is very sad.

So consequently you should be happy,when there might be no final stonestour,or would you
like to be entertained by a non-rockstar ?

Date: September 18, 2011 18:28

JumpinJeppeFlash
shortfatfanny

What does that even mean and why is it remotely significant?

Is being a 'star' more important than whether or not someone makes good music?

And why is every other band member allowed to do something outside of the 'rock' genre and he isn't? Its regarded as some kind of 'betrayal' and people react as if (gasp!) he'll never make 'rock' music ever again.

If anyone's taste in music is that limited, its their problem. Not his.

Date: September 18, 2011 18:30

shortfatfanny
JumpinJeppeFlash

JumpinJeppeFlash
[/quote

So consequently you should be happy,when there might be no final stonestour,or would you

Please shut up, you don´t understand and i don´t think that you are a real fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-18 18:32 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: September 18, 2011 18:41

JumpinJeppeFlash
shortfatfanny
JumpinJeppeFlash

JumpinJeppeFlash
[/quote

Please shut up, you don´t understand and i don´t think that you are a real fan.

Don´t blame me for contradicting yourself...and by the way :
You´re welcome spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 18, 2011 18:57

dcba
To Mick we're a bunch of old farts who never got over the MT era. To him we're most despicable because we're stuck knee-deep in nostalgia (the ultimate insult in Mick's book..).

I haven't got over the BJ era.

Posted by: rusty ()
Date: September 18, 2011 19:02

Bimmelzerbott
I listened to the whole album and I find it terrible. There's not one song on it that I like. Anything SH sucks. The songs, the band name, the logo, the image...it's all bad. And useless.

Keith, is that you ???

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: September 18, 2011 19:41

"Fans" of the Stones can be incredibly petty and short sighted. The notion that SH is the main reason the Stones aren't touring/preparing to tour is dubious at best. The concept that Mick is somehow blindly leaving his future plans to chance, (IE; if SH does well, the Stones won't tour. If it does poorly, the Stones are a go!) is laughably ignorant.

If you don't dig SH, that's totally cool, but it isn't detracting from the Stones in any way, shape, or form.

And, you know...Mick has been the driving force in the Stones now for quite a while. Whether he does it for himself or the fans is irrelevant, but without his ability and drive, Stones fans would've been left high and dry a while ago. I mean, is Keith in any shape whatsoever to be putting together the logistics for a Stones tour?

The Stones flourish when Mick has a chance to engage in projects other than performing with the Stones. This holds true even when he's in the middle of a Stones tour. (Working with Scorsese on SAL, preparing the massive beach concert in Rio, setting up shows in China, hiring people to film shows that will show up on future DVD/Blu-Ray, etc...) The man needs to remain engaged on as many levels as possible, and SH is what he is engaged in now. More power to him.

The chances the Stones future is being determined by SH are minimal. The chances the Stones future will be determined by whether or not a certain, once incredibly brilliant musician named Keith can still handle the physical strain of touring and actually play his f'n guitar, are much, much greater.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 18, 2011 19:49

Sleepy City
dcba
To Mick we're a bunch of old farts who never got over the MT era. To him we're most despicable because we're stuck knee-deep in nostalgia (the ultimate insult in Mick's book..).

I haven't got over the BJ era.

The BJ era? Blow jobs? Ah, yes! The 60s and 70s. Those were pretty wild times for the Stones and their groupies. Too bad the boys had to settle down into family life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-18 20:51 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 18, 2011 19:54

vermontoffender
"Fans" of the Stones can be incredibly petty and short sighted. The notion that SH is the main reason the Stones aren't touring/preparing to tour is dubious at best. The concept that Mick is somehow blindly leaving his future plans to chance, (IE; if SH does well, the Stones won't tour. If it does poorly, the Stones are a go!) is laughably ignorant.

If you don't dig SH, that's totally cool, but it isn't detracting from the Stones in any way, shape, or form.

And, you know...Mick has been the driving force in the Stones now for quite a while. Whether he does it for himself or the fans is irrelevant, but without his ability and drive, Stones fans would've been left high and dry a while ago. I mean, is Keith in any shape whatsoever to be putting together the logistics for a Stones tour?

The Stones flourish when Mick has a chance to engage in projects other than performing with the Stones. This holds true even when he's in the middle of a Stones tour. (Working with Scorsese on SAL, preparing the massive beach concert in Rio, setting up shows in China, hiring people to film shows that will show up on future DVD/Blu-Ray, etc...) The man needs to remain engaged on as many levels as possible, and SH is what he is engaged in now. More power to him.

The chances the Stones future is being determined by SH are minimal. The chances the Stones future will be determined by whether or not a certain, once incredibly brilliant musician named Keith can still handle the physical strain of touring and actually play his f'n guitar, are much, much greater.

Agree

Date: September 18, 2011 20:24

vermontoffender

Absolutely 100% spot-on.

Worth remembering too, that every time Mick Jagger has worked on a solo project, a Stones album and/or tour has followed almost immediately afterwards.

She's The Boss > Dirty Work
Primitive Cool album & tour > Steel Wheels album & tour
Wandering Spirit > Voodoo Lounge album & tour
Goddess in the Doorway > Licks sessions & tour
Alfie soundtrack > A Bigger bang album & tour
SuperHeavy > ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-18 21:42 by Gazza.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 18, 2011 20:38

Jesus F´n Christ...........
Jagger, not my favorite Stone I must admit, makes some music.
Sure, it´s not Stonesy. It is something else. I dont like all of it.
However, it shows that the guy has got some balls-power, to do so.
Sure, Ronnie and Charlie say they like it.Keef.. has, up to now, said nothing about it. as far as we know.
Probably, he will say he hates it..... You know. we are all entitled to our own taste in music. Even the Stones may make their own music. Surely, when your partner in crime (keef) does not want to write (Stones) songs with you in One room anymore.
Whatever the reasons maybe.
Who are we to judge??
I hope Superheavy has some succes, and Jagger will enjoy it.
In the end, maybe it will inspire him, and the other boys to give it one more push, and go out with a bang.
No, there wont be another album, they dont care.
But, for F''s sake, give us another tour guys.(at least, play Holland)
Bye
jeroen

Date: September 18, 2011 20:53

Keith has been on record as saying he likes it and that he wishes Jagger well with it, Jeroen.

Otherwise, I agree with all you said.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: September 18, 2011 21:34

In one interview Mick says that he does not know if Keith has heard it and what music he listens to, and in this one he says Keith likes it because he likes Damian? confused smiley

Date: September 18, 2011 21:39

Maybe he talked to Keith in between the two interviews and Keith told him?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 18, 2011 22:20

Gazza
vermontoffender

Absolutely 100% spot-on.

Worth remembering too, that every time Mick Jagger has worked on a solo project, a Stones album and/or tour has followed almost immediately afterwards.

SuperHeavy > ??

Not sure what this says about Sir Jaggers committment to whatever project he is currently working on. The other SH members can't be too happy about their dream being controlled by this kind of "one or two off then run" back home track record. Does this mean they are all kind of only 1/2 there, ready to run back to whatever projects they had going on before? Do you think if SH became huge (doubtful without good pop or rock music) he would stick with them? I see both sides but think his committment leave MUCH to be desired, from whatever side of the fence you are standing on. peace.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 18, 2011 23:36

I don't think of "SuperHeavy" as a competition with the Rolling Stones. Has it ever occurred to anyone that Mick may get tired of the "good life" and enjoy recording and writing?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 18, 2011 23:42

Bimmelzerbott
I'm a Stones fan and I won't buy it. That's fo sho.

Big deal...stones fans aren't even buying stones albums, so that doesn't mean anything.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 18, 2011 23:54

Naturalust
Gazza
vermontoffender

Absolutely 100% spot-on.

SuperHeavy > ??

Not sure what this says about Sir Jaggers committment to whatever project he is currently working on. The other SH members can't be too happy about their dream being controlled by this kind of "one or two off then run" back home track record. Does this mean they are all kind of only 1/2 there, ready to run back to whatever projects they had going on before? Do you think if SH became huge (doubtful without good pop or rock music) he would stick with them? I see both sides but think his committment leave MUCH to be desired, from whatever side of the fence you are standing on. peace.

Honestly what the hell are you talking about? How could you possibly know what MJ's committment level is towards anything. You're speculating something and it's making you angry. How about just stop speculating and your blood pressure will go down. smileys with beer

Date: September 19, 2011 00:04

treaclefingers
Naturalust
Gazza
vermontoffender

Absolutely 100% spot-on.

SuperHeavy > ??

Honestly what the hell are you talking about? How could you possibly know what MJ's committment level is towards anything. You're speculating something and it's making you angry. How about just stop speculating and your blood pressure will go down. smileys with beer

well you are speculating on my anger level. I assure you , I'm not angry. I thought I was talking about committment to a band. It's like committment to a relationship or whatever. Sometimes even more intimate in my experience. A return on the investment of time and soul that's required to start, and keep going a musical endeavor these days. How can we jugde anybody? By their history of actions of course. And with reference to Mr. Jaggers is is all out in the open for everyone to see. I never claimed to know MJ's current committment level but I'll bet the model girlfriend/wife of is is watching closely. winking smiley Let's just say if i were in a band with MJ these days I'd probably want some sort of pre-nuptuial or something. peace.

Date: September 19, 2011 00:12

Naturalust
Gazza
vermontoffender

Absolutely 100% spot-on.

SuperHeavy > ??

Yes. I don't think any of them would be under the illusion that this is anything other than a side project for all of them. Each of them have other musical 'day jobs' (for want of a better term) which are more financially rewarding and successful in the long term.

I don't see that its any reflection on Jagger. Its not as if he's the only one of them that has a successful career. Rahman has sold 300 million records and has composed over 100 film scores. I doubt he needs SuperHeavy to pay his mortgage!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-19 00:14 by Gazza.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 19, 2011 00:12

First of all, Mick has NO attitude AGAINST Stones fans! Are you kidding!? He knows who butters his bread, literally! That's kind of a dumb statement. Second JUMPINJEEP, who said it has to be either SUPERHEAVY OR a Stones tour? I thought this was something MIck wanted to do to keep the creative juices flowing instead of the semi-retired state chosen by Keith. You don't have to like this new effort but you sure don't sound like a Stones fan to me...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 19, 2011 00:19

I find a bit odd that people see SuperHeavy as in competion with the Stones, or that it is a 'real' band in the sense The Stones is/was. Or even that Jagger might play double cards with the poor other members of SuperHeavy (that he will cold-heartidly 'leave' them or is just using them just for his own benefit)... oh my god... SuperHeavy is not any 'real' band or threat to anyone's career not more than, say, Travellin Willburies were that for, say, Dylan or Harrison. It is a fun project, and if it will get a good reception, there might be some live shows, or even another album some day. And that's it. An anecdote in the history of music and in Jagger's career. C'mon, let the folks, including Jagger, to have fun, and just enjoy the results if you can (and if you don't, cool down - it is just a matter of opinion). Mick is not "betraying" anyone here - this is almost ridiculous how 'shocked' or 'betrayed' some Rolling Stones fans seem to feel here! Relax, people! The whole project is just a fun experiment, and Jagger, like the others involved, seems happy with it. I'm glad for that. Brings me joy. It is just music. And something different just for a change.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-19 00:27 by Doxa.

Date: September 19, 2011 00:28

Doxa
I find a bit odd that people see SuperHeavy as in competion with the Stones, or that it is a 'real' band in the sense The Stones is/was. Or even that Jagger might play double cards with the poor other members of SuperHeavy (that he will cold-heartidly 'leave' them or is just using them just for his own benefit)... oh my god... SuperHeavy is not any 'real' band or threat to anyone's career not more than, say, Travellin Willburies were that for, say, Dylan or Harrison. It is a fun project, and if it will get a good reception, there might be some live shows, or even another album some day. C'mon, let the folks, including Jagger, to have fun, and just enjoy the results if you can (and if you don't, cool down - it is just a matter of opinion). Mick is not "betraying" anyone here - this is almost ridiculous how 'shocked' or 'betrayed' some Rolling Stones fans seem to feel here! Relax, people! The whole project is just a fun experiment, and Jagger, like the others involved, seems happy with it. I'm glad for that. Brings me joy. It is just music. And something different.

- Doxa

yeah I hope you're right Doxa but our boys ain't gettin any younger and time quit bein on their side a few years back in case you have't noticed. Of course this is a distraction to the rolling stones fans. I'll only give up if you promise there won't be a second SH project. peace.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 19, 2011 00:29

I think the thread title sucks. I think it sucks that some people like to pitch Mick vs Keith and fan the flames that everything he does solo doesn't cut it....most know that isn't true. Mick's written some great tunes, I find it sucks that some won't give him an honest listen.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home