Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith & Winos '93 Tower Records - Anybody There?
Posted by: StonedALIVE ()
Date: October 31, 2016 23:56

Just wondering if anybody went to see Keith and The X-Pensive Winos Release Promotion of "Main Offender" album back in 1993 at Tower Records in California? All the winos were there to sign autographs. Not much out there on this, just 3 Gettyimages photos on the internet.
Would like to hear your story if you got the chance to be there.

Re: Keith & Winos '93 Tower Records - Anybody There?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 1, 2016 03:46

Keith was that's all I know ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: November 1, 2016 18:23

I was there with some friends and at the show that night. Classic day. Keith signed our stuff.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 1, 2016 20:33

where in California was this?

plexi

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: November 2, 2016 00:08

Hollywood. I gave him a bottle of Rothchild wine...he loved it

Posted by: StonedALIVE ()
Date: November 2, 2016 00:49

Hey LongLongWinter, Were there other winos there? Did you get to meet Bobby Keys? Was Jane Rose there? What did you have Keef sign for you? Did you get and photos?
Thanks for any detail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-02 00:50 by StonedALIVE.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: November 2, 2016 01:29

StonedALIVE
Hey LongLongWinter, Were there other winos there? Did you get to meet Bobby Keys? Was Jane Rose there? What did you have Keef sign for you? Did you get and photos?
Thanks for any detail.

yeah i was there but couldn't get to keith in time for a signed album, it was mayhem. Jane Rose was there but didn't recognise her myself, did you get to see any of the winos gigs, they were amazing imho

Just realised wrong Tower records lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-03 23:32 by keithsman.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 2, 2016 20:09

dana carvey was on howard today and told a really funny keith story-

he said when he was on saturday night live keith was the musical guest and they had a huge bottle of jack daniels in the dressing room for him.
carvey said they had a horse tied up backstage[ for a skit] and keith came staggering by and didn't even see him but noticed the horse,went up to it put his hands on each side of it's face and said"look at you,you're a fckng horse"

it was hilarious and got a big laugh.i know it's off topic but i thought that was a good one to throw in a keith thread.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 2, 2016 20:15

lem motlow
dana carvey was on howard today and told a really funny keith story-

he said when he was on saturday night live keith was the musical guest and they had a huge bottle of jack daniels in the dressing room for him.
carvey said they had a horse tied up backstage[ for a skit] and keith came staggering by and didn't even see him but noticed the horse,went up to it put his hands on each side of it's face and said"look at you,you're a fckng horse"

it was hilarious and got a big laugh.i know it's off topic but i thought that was a good one to throw in a keith thread.

Tom Hanks was the main guest. Great intro by him, "the nicest guy in Hollywood".
He´s strolling backstage proving it: "Careful Mister Hanks, this horse bites everyone!"
[Hanks carressing it] "No, it doesn´t, it´s a nice horse!" >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-02 20:15 by TooTough.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: November 3, 2016 04:35

i was there too...it was great meeting keith, Bobby, and gang. Keith signed my Tele. strummed it, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home