Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

correcting speed problems with LSTNT?
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 17, 2011 16:11

I have watched this DVD a couple times since it was released. Visually, it is very stunning! However, I cannot get past the fact that this is very speeded up and that (especially on tunes like Satisfaction) the Stones sound like chipmunks. I don't know if newer DVD players have the capability of slowing down DVDs, but there appears to be no way of manually slowing down Let's spend the Night Together with my DVD player and/or TV. I don't claim to be the most tecnically proficient fellow on the planet, but is there any way to correct the speed issues or is it just a case of living with it?

Re: correcting speed problems with LSTNT?
Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: September 17, 2011 18:54

Do you have the european release? In this case there is a problem in general:
PAL-speeding. Wether its a movie or music, with PAL it runs quicker (up to an halftone). I hate it and try to get NTSC or Bluerays.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-17 19:01 by electricmud.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 17, 2011 20:06

I don't think it's a PAL vs NTSC problem. I remember seeing it in a theater around 1990 and the speed issue was right before my two eyes.

Just my 2 cents but have you tried the Eddie Van Halen solution?
[www.variac.com]

Set your dvd player into a Variac and slowly decrease the power that goes into the player. It might slow the dvd itself.
Or rip the dvd and edit the visuals with the audio from the various boots the LSTNT movie is made from... It's quite a lot of work and you'll encounter synch problem...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-17 20:15 by dcba.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 17, 2011 20:12

electricmud
Do you have the european release? In this case there is a problem in general:
PAL-speeding. Wether its a movie or music, with PAL it runs quicker (up to an halftone). I hate it and try to get NTSC or Bluerays.

Tom

I'm also curious if the NTSC version plays at the correct pitch (as it does on 'Shine A Light' I think).

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: September 20, 2011 02:23

dcba
Set your dvd player into a Variac and slowly decrease the power that goes into the player. It might slow the dvd itself.
I'd trade in my DVD player if it were so badly designed that this trick would work.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 20, 2011 08:35

as far as i know the original film was sped up on purpose
i'm sure it seemed like a great idea at the time

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 20, 2011 10:24

with sssoul
as far as i know the original film was sped up on purpose
i'm sure it seemed like a great idea at the time

All music you hear on the radio is sped up, and about all musical registrations (films, documentary's etc) are sped up about 3%. It gives music more energy and pump, and you can play more songs in an hour.

With LSTNT they overdid it a tad, in my opinion. The Stones have sped up more tracks as well, like TD and Miss You from 40 Licks.

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home