Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Stones announcement at 5 PM GMT today?
Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 20:12

It´s a good news. But when the boys spoake about an official announce everybody think in a new tour. not just more one reissue.
And Mick talked about this release few days ago. So, everybody knows about this.

But ok. Really is a very nice release.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 20:20

Whale
Indeed: 3 CDs!
One is the original album.
One is the extra 10 tracks that Jagger mentioned.
What is the third one?

Texas 1978 live CD.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: September 14, 2011 20:22

carlostones10
It´s a good news. But when the boys spoake about an official announce everybody think in a new tour. not just more one reissue.
And Mick talked about this release few days ago. So, everybody knows about this.
not everybody knew about this before. just the dorks that peruse message boards such as this. today's announcement was for everyone.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 14, 2011 20:26

HighwireC

This is just a "comp" or mock-up of the final package... not a real photo.. notice the perspective of Some Objects don't match the others.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: September 14, 2011 20:51

Does the announcement mean the "meeting" in London went like this:

Mick: Yayyyyy. We're all here!
Keith: (grumble)
Charlie:
Ronnie: Good to see everyone. Charlie's show last night was really incredible.

Mick: Okayyy, Okayyy......I have the Some Girls artwork and mixes here for each of you....
Keith: The what?!?
Charlie: Looks very well done.
Ronnie: Love the colors.

Mick: So....this is going to come out on November 21, OK?
Keith: Huh?
Charlie: For the holidays.
Ronnie: Nice.

Mick: Also, I'll be touring with SuperHeavy for a bit, then we'll get back together and have another meeting.
Charlie: I like SuperHeavy. There are some good grooves.
Ronnie: Yeah. Nice. Verrry nice.

Mick: Happy Holidays. (leaves)
Keith: What?
Charlie: Has anyone been to the new menswear shop down the street?
Ronnie: I heard it's supposed to be very nice.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: September 14, 2011 20:52

vermontoffender

Charlie:

Mick: Okayyy, Okayyy......I have the Some Girls artwork and mixes here for each of you....

Mick: Also, I'll be touring with SuperHeavy for a bit, then we'll get back together and have another meeting.

Hilarious!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 14, 2011 20:57

Massimo68
Whale
Indeed: 3 CDs!
One is the original album.
One is the extra 10 tracks that Jagger mentioned.
What is the third one?

Texas 1978 live CD.

Doesnt that come with the Texas 78 DVD/blu ray?

Seems a bit odd it'd be with this one as well.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 14, 2011 21:30

vermontoffender

Charlie:

You could be so right.Luv it.Luv it.I thought my interpretation was about right,but this may be more accurate. winking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 14, 2011 23:03

ineedadrink
. just the dorks that peruse message boards such as this. today's announcement was for everyone.

Ok dork, can I buy you a drink? peace.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 23:07

i don't know if somebody reported already, but today, the newspapaer "la repubblica" ( a serious itlaian newspaper, as well as " il corriere della sera" )
just published an interview by carlo moretti to mick and dave stewart about superheavy project.
one of the question was " what about stones news?"
and mick answered : " there will be the 50th anniversary to celebrate, there will be many events but i don't believe we will go on tour again"

now i don't know when the interview was made and i don't know who is carlo moretti, but i am sure mick answered like that

Date: September 14, 2011 23:20

andrea66
and mick answered : " there will be the 50th anniversary to celebrate, there will be many events but i don't believe we will go on tour again"

Didn't I predict this in my new thread

[www.iorr.org]

that got poo pooed by the likes of sweetcharmedlife, northernale1, MKjan and the ever irritating treaclefingers who said "another misleading subject line for another useless thread...what a shock."

think before you post , especially if it is judgemental crap and negativity. peace.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 14, 2011 23:31

Naturalust
andrea66

[www.iorr.org]

that got poo pooed by the likes of sweetcharmedlife, northernale1, MKjan and the ever irritating treaclefingers who said "another misleading subject line for another useless thread...what a shock."

think before you post , especially if it is judgemental crap and negativity. peace.

Go away troll.thumbs down

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 14, 2011 23:40

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 15, 2011 00:58

I don't think they will tour either, maybe a couple of shows here and there and that's it, it looks pretty obvious to me: Mick is not interested anymore.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: September 15, 2011 01:27

Did they include the picture sleeve of Beast of Burden just to spite the people that bought the singles box set?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-15 01:27 by FreeBird.

Date: September 15, 2011 01:31

georgelicks
I don't think they will tour either, maybe a couple of shows here and there and that's it, it looks pretty obvious to me: Mick is not interested anymore.

They will.

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: September 15, 2011 01:36

Excerpted:

Mick Jagger has told fans "don't hold your breath" over the Rolling Stones going on tour next summer to mark their 50th anniversary.

The 68-year-old rocker's comments are published less than a week after he was pictured emerging from a meeting attended by his fellow bandmates, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood.

Jagger is currently promoting his latest musical collaboration – as part of the star-studded group SuperHeavy.

He talks to Rolling Stone Magazine about the new group, which features former Eurythmics star Dave Stewart, singer Joss Stone, Damian Marley, and Slumdog Millionaire film composer and musician A R Rahman.

[www.monstersandcritics.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 15, 2011 01:40

If they don't tour I don't think it has to do with Mick not being interested any more. I think it has to do with internal conflicts in the band. Mick's confidence in the bands guitarists is probably not very high. Add to that old age and illnesses and you can understand his decisions.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: September 15, 2011 01:50

Stoneage
If they don't tour I don't think it has to do with Mick not being interested any more. I think it has to do with internal conflicts in the band. Mick's confidence in the bands guitarists is probably not very high. Add to that old age and illnesses and you can understand his decisions.

If Mick doesn't want to tour, I think it's a combination of all that.

Date: September 15, 2011 02:15

sweetcharmedlife
Naturalust
andrea66

[www.iorr.org]

Go away troll.thumbs down

How charming Cuz. Get a grip. I'm on board this ship of fools and your standin on the plank mate. If this intuition of a couple of 50th anniversary shows comes true , and it just may, you will have to take a walk. peace.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 15, 2011 03:06

Gazza
georgelicks

They will.

Hope you're right Gazza, but all the facts are more close to "special" shows than a 50-date tour, even a 20-date tour!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 15, 2011 04:24

Gazza knows what he's talking about.

Date: September 15, 2011 04:33

georgelicks
Gazza
georgelicks

They will.

Hope you're right Gazza, but all the facts are more close to "special" shows than a 50-date tour, even a 20-date tour!

There hasnt been a single indication or fact that I've read pointing to a 'special' show.

Unless anyone's dumb enough to count that ridiculously out of context Marquee 'story'.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: September 15, 2011 13:19

Naturalust
How charming Cuz. Get a grip. I'm on board this ship of fools and your standin on the plank mate. If this intuition of a couple of 50th anniversary shows comes true , and it just may, you will have to take a walk. peace.
And you, obviously, will walk the plank if they do tour or there are no 50th anniversary shows at all.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 15, 2011 16:02

mtaylor
They don't mention anything about the extra 10 songs!!!

"This new package will include some undiscovered gems that include tracks that have recently been unearthed from the Rolling Stones vaults by producer Don Was"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 15, 2011 16:13

FreeBird
Naturalust
And you, obviously, will walk the plank if they do tour or there are no 50th anniversary shows at all.

Oh, is this what they mean by "planking" ? winking smiley cuz I thought it meant..

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 15, 2011 17:06

Edith Grove

The ravens are frightening me!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 15, 2011 18:46

Max'sKansasCity
FreeBird
Naturalust

Oh, is this what they mean by "planking" ? winking smiley cuz I thought it meant..
That looks like it would hurt.eye popping smiley

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 15, 2011 18:56

This new package will include some undiscovered gems that include tracks that have recently been unearthed from the Rolling Stones vaults by producer Don Was. Further details of the tracks will be unveiled at a later date.

What, they don't know those details yet?

This started in April 2008 with Shine A Light, the soundtrack from the stunning concert film directed by Martin Scorsese, and has encompassed the reissues of the Rolling Stones re-mastered, post-1971 studio albums, several live albums and classic compilations, and the exhaustive box-set Singles 1971-2006 earlier this year.

Post 1971 studio albums? That leaves Sticky Fingers out of that picture doesn't it. Exhaustive box-set? For the wallet, yes, but not for their releases.

...the re-mastered, expanded editions of Exile On Main Street, which matched the chart performance of the epochal 1972 album, and returned the Rolling Stones to their rightful place at the top of the British charts in 2010...

When was the last time the Stones topped the British charts prior to that? Are they talking about the 1960s? That was a long time ago.

The biggest problem with this hype is it believes itself while being inaccurate and full of hyperbole.

Date: September 15, 2011 19:41

Max'sKansasCity

No I think she is perfectly set for a good spanking (while she's planking), and I am thanking MKC. peace.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home