Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT-Jimi new CD
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 1, 2016 18:00

While we're waiting eagerly for something new Stones thought I would bring up this subject. Jimi Hendrix Live at Fillmore East the 1st gig 31 December 1969. First, thanks for releasing a concert in it's entirety. Then I must admit or say we can hear that he was not always the GOD we view him as. I say that even though I consider him the greatest musician of all time. Anyhow, musicians can not always be "on". Highlights for me are the final 2 songs, Earth Blues and Burning Desire. The latter is a smoking hot mother @#$%&, worth the price alone. In this performance I believe and can sense a nervousness as this was the first gig. Nevertheless it's nice to have, warts and all. Guess that's part of the reason why the long wait. Now maybe they will release all 4 gigs complete? Sure they must of recorded them all? Happy listening.

Re: OT-Jimi new CD
Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 1, 2016 20:30

This is the fourth release from these shows (Band of Gypsys, Band of Gypsys 2, Live at the Fillmore East, and Machine Gun). It's not perfect but he's playing an entire set of songs that were unreleased at the time with a new lineup. A lot of it sounds like he's feeling his way through the material and making changes on the fly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1439
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home