Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: OT : Rugby Worldcup 2011 in New-Zealand
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 8, 2011 08:04

as far as I know, i've never seen any rugby game played on articial surface. Always on natural grass.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 8, 2011 10:36

WALES..smileys with beer

Date: October 8, 2011 12:42

waouh only a surprise could make France win ! I really expected England to do it.
On one game, everything is possible especially in a world cup !
On With The Show !

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 8, 2011 12:43

I was all, all wrong. It will be Wales vs France. 2 great teams.

Date: October 8, 2011 12:54

Jonny Wilkinson had a good game thumbs up

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 8, 2011 13:07

Well done France.Against the odds,they beat us.Wales have done realy well,and I realy hope they win the semi-final next weekend.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 8, 2011 13:12

We WANTED. We win

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: October 8, 2011 13:18

Usually France makes one good game during the world cup. It was today. They just have to keep that inflow against Wales . But I still feel sorry for Ireland which really impressed me before that today's game. A day without.

Date: October 8, 2011 13:24

There ya' go SwayStones and Bliss ya' country is in the semifinals next week..cool smiley

Date: October 8, 2011 13:31

phd
Usually France makes one good game during the world cup. It was today. They just have to keep that inflow against Wales . But I still feel sorry for Ireland which really impressed me before that today's game. A day without.

yes right but Wales impressed me even more than Ireland which is not necessarily a good news.
France is my favourite but I wish good luck to both of them.
there should be a great game on sunday : All Blacks vs Argentina

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-08 14:24 by jpasc95.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 8, 2011 19:58

phd
I was all, all wrong. It will be Wales vs France. 2 great teams.

And I have my fingers crossed hoping you were wrong about NZ too! Nothing against them btw!

Congratulations to France and Wales!

All Blacks vs Los Pumas ... let's see what happen...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 8, 2011 23:35

jpasc95
as far as I know, i've never seen any rugby game played on articial surface. Always on natural grass.

I thought so, the reason I ask, I have a teenage daughter who plays on her high school team and their home field which is close to the school is on artificial surface. Last season in the spring she broke her collar bone making a tackle. I questioned the coach about playing on a hard surface with no equipment for protection. Rugby in schools is considered a club sport that follows the national rules.

Date: October 9, 2011 00:48

The Sicilian
jpasc95

I thought so, the reason I ask, I have a teenage daughter who plays on her high school team and their home field which is close to the school is on artificial surface. Last season in the spring she broke her collar bone making a tackle. I questioned the coach about playing on a hard surface with no equipment for protection. Rugby in schools is considered a club sport that follows the national rules.
The Sicilian..yea' Its played on natural grass even our new stadium with a permanent roof has natural grass its the only one in the world

Date: October 9, 2011 10:57

Hi people,
well, Argentina is showing a superb opposition to All Blacks
After 20 minutes, only 3-0 for New Zealand...Surprising isn't it ?

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: October 9, 2011 11:04

Bryan Lawrence you cheeky @#$%& grinning smiley Good luck to Australia even though they hardly touched the ball thumbs up

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Date: October 9, 2011 11:08

incredible, Argentina 7 - New Zealand 6 !

Date: October 9, 2011 12:26

A lot of injured players in the Black camp ( Dan Carter...) can explain this under-performance. Australia - NZ will be of high level.

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: October 9, 2011 16:59

The dream continues....

Outstanding performance by us yesterday!!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 11, 2011 03:20

jpasc95
incredible, Argentina 7 - New Zealand 6 !

well, thanks for the "kind of support" jpasc95!

The dream is over for us! Finally not a bad position for Los Pumas!

Date: October 11, 2011 05:01

colonial
A quote from a World Cup reporter

"I've never heard The Rolling Stones played as often anywhere as I have in NZ.That's not a bad thing"
smileys with beer

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 15, 2011 12:58

Respect for Wales

I will lie if I was saying I am not glad France goes on finals,but honestly,we din't deserve to win.
Wales did .

We are done anyhow against Australia or New Zealand .....

Date: October 15, 2011 13:26

65.000 Welsh Rugby fans watched their Rugby team on the big screen at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff thats just amazing.All of New Zealand really feels sorry for the Welsh team.My favourite player of the game was Leigh Halfpenny (Wales) and he's got a cool surname.It'll be funny if the All Blacks lose again next week im really only interested in the entertainment side of it.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 15, 2011 14:20

I feel so sorry for Wales.I'm not saying that the very harsh sending off was the end for Wales,but it certainly made things much harder.Wales could not get through the France defence when they realy needed the points and missed some kicks, although they were difficult.France ,the underdogs are now in the final,probably against New Zealand,but you never know in this world cup. confused smiley

Date: October 15, 2011 14:27

colonial
65.000 Welsh Rugby fans watched their Rugby team on the big screen at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff thats just amazing.All of New Zealand really feels sorry for the Welsh team.My favourite player of the game was Leigh Halfpenny (Wales) and he's got a cool surname.It'll be funny if the All Blacks lose again next week im really only interested in the entertainment side of it.

The All Blacks are so overated and overhyped

Date: October 15, 2011 14:38

I feel sorry for Wales too. France played on the defensive side. They sticked to one objective : win to reach the final. They just did it and that's the most important thing. In the final, they will have no pressure. They would have been allowed in their country to be defeated by Wales after having beaten England. Unthinkable here.

Date: October 15, 2011 14:41

phd
I feel sorry for Wales too. France played on the defensive side. They sticked to one objective : win to reach the final. They just did it and that's the most important thing. In the final, they will have no pressure. They would have been allowed in their country to be defeated by Wales after having beaten England. Unthinkable here.
Read " would not have been allowed "!!!

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: October 15, 2011 14:45

That was a red card every day of the week. Not an issue. France played classical Northern Hemispehere rugby, which while not overly entertaining, was surely effective.

I agree that Wales were the better side. That should make France easy fodder for the Wallabies next weekend!

Date: October 15, 2011 17:59

We played better against England.
Today again we were clumsy and made big mistakes.
It's fortunate that we won. But it's also Wales' fault not to take advantage of the very average french game.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 15, 2011 18:57

If Wales had its 15 players, do you think the French game would have been more "counter-offensive" ?

What do you think ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: October 15, 2011 19:05

SwayStones
If Wales had its 15 players, do you think the French game would have been more "counter-offensive" ?

What do you think ?
It would have certainly been a different kind of game.Would it have changed the end.. Noone knows. Funny as it would seem, it's not always a disadvantage to play 14 against 15 in some part of the games.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home