Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Faces new book Genesis Publications.
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: September 9, 2011 19:07

I have ordered my copy today, can't wait to get it in my hands...
The Deluxe Edition is fully bound in a purple suede leather with gold foil blocking and page edges. Each copy is numbered from 1 to 350 and is signed by Kenney Jones, Ian McLagan and Ronnie Wood.
The book is housed in a cloth solander box with gold foil blocking. The inside of the drop-back box is lined with artwork extracted from the 'A Nod Is As Good As A Wink' poster.
Accompanying the deluxe edition is a numbered artist print, individually signed by Ronnie Wood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-09 19:08 by steffiestones.

Re: Faces new book Genesis Publications.
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 9, 2011 21:56

The print is truly gorgeous and there are tons of photos I had never seen which are really fantastic...

Definitely worth the extra for the deluxe; you get the print the nicer binding and it's much rarer!

Shoot me an email if you want one... I'll make sure you get looked after.

Enjoy,
Matt

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: September 9, 2011 22:02

I have a few Genesis books and like what thy do a lot. I am wondering why Rod didn't sign it though?

Date: September 9, 2011 23:32

Deluxe version only 350 copies, hurry!

Date: September 10, 2011 00:00

Stones62
I have a few Genesis books and like what thy do a lot. I am wondering why Rod didn't sign it though?
Yes, why have Rod didn't signed this book? Matt?

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: September 10, 2011 01:48

... Ordered my deluxe copy the 1st day when it was possible and can't wait to have it in my hands. The prints looks so great !! Should be sent out in the near future (when I ordered it, I got a mail saying that first copies will be sent out end of August, but I think it will be in September, hopefully :-))

Andreas

Date: September 10, 2011 10:16

arc-angel
... Ordered my deluxe copy the 1st day when it was possible and can't wait to have it in my hands. The prints looks so great !! Should be sent out in the near future (when I ordered it, I got a mail August, but I think it will be in September, hopefully :-))

Andreas

When i ordered my deluxe copy, i got a mail saying that first copies will be sent out end of September. Do you know the release date Matt?

Posted by: woody ()
Date: September 10, 2011 10:44

I ordered mine when first announced and was given a September release date.
Where is it ??????

Date: September 10, 2011 10:48

This is a part of the mail that i get from Genesis Publication after the purchase:

"FACES 1969-75 Genesis are pleased to offer subscribers the new Faces limited edition, at a preferential rate, for pre-order ahead of formal announcements in the press. The official publication date is 27 September 2011. First books will be despatched mid September."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-10 10:49 by steffiestones.

Date: September 20, 2011 19:37

Release next tuesday!!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 20, 2011 21:50

Apparently the collector copies will arrive in the next couple of weeks but the deluxe ones will be a little longer.... best things come to those who wait.

You need to order before the end of the month if you want the prepublication price. drop me a line if you want a copy mentioning IORR and I will make sure you get looked after.

Enjoy,
Matt

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: September 21, 2011 00:08

I would love to buy it. I would love to buy all Stones genesis books. But sadly (or not) I have other personal priority now.

Date: September 21, 2011 13:26

mattleeuk
Apparently the collector copies will arrive in the next couple of weeks but the deluxe ones will be a little longer.... best things come to those who wait.

You need to order before the end of the month if you want the prepublication price. drop me a line if you want a copy mentioning IORR and I will make sure you get looked after.

Enjoy,
Matt

More couples of weeks to wait?!
Why don't they (Genesis Publications) notify the buyers that it will take longer?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 21, 2011 20:20

"More couples of weeks to wait?!
Why don't they (Genesis Publications) notify the buyers that it will take longer?"

Because they cash in your money before they spend theirs sending the book to the printer. Not very honest but a clever ploy indeed...

That's why you're asked to "reserve" a book that doesn't exist yet physically. On other words the 1st 20 or 50 people who order a GP book pay for its manufacturing. In the case of the Faces opus, I guess orders come slowly.
Clever ploy indeed...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-21 20:24 by dcba.

Date: September 21, 2011 21:01

Yrs, clever ploy but not fair. After paying i get a mail from GP that the official publication date is 27 September 2011. First books will be despatched mid September. They must keep their promises.

Date: September 24, 2011 16:15

steffiestones
Yrs, clever ploy but not fair. After paying i get a mail from GP that the official publication date is 27 September 2011. First books will be despatched mid September. They must keep their promises.

Stefaan,

... "Such is life" said Ned Kelly ...

I agree with you, but it's not unusual that due to problems or whatever a milestone cannot be met, but couple of weeks sounds not good to me - Should we be prepared to have the Deluxe edition not before Christmas?

PS. I was one of the first 20 guys who reserved and paid ...

Andreas

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: September 24, 2011 17:39

They suck. Do they think we are all from DSK/Sinclair family? They can wipe one's arse with their putains of books!

Date: September 24, 2011 17:39

Let's see next week Sept 27th if we get a message from GP.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 24, 2011 17:58

Well the concert industry applies a similar process as you pay for concert tickets months before the band even starts rehearsing...

Date: September 24, 2011 18:26

Hi,

just looked at Genesis Publications website and found an update. Looks like first copies (collectors edition as seen in the pic there) were sent out ...

click here -> Genesis Publications Faces News

BR
Andreas

Date: September 24, 2011 18:54

arc-angel
Hi,

just looked at Genesis Publications website and found an update. Looks like first copies (collectors edition as seen in the pic there) were sent out ...

click here -> Genesis Publications Faces News

BR
Andreas

That's good news, wonder when they send the deluxe editions...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 25, 2011 21:30

That's a nice looking book, and I also wish I could have the Stones Tour of the Americas Book. But I am going to hold off, since I purchased the Page book and want the new Bowie/Sukita book when it is published.

Date: September 26, 2011 18:20

Got news from GP:

"We have despatched all orders for Collector copies in the past week.
The binders are now working on the more complex Deluxe copies which should be ready in the next 2 weeks or so."

Date: September 30, 2011 18:55

... Good News ... mail arrivd today from GP

"We are glad to announce that the Deluxe copies of our latest signed limited edition, FACES 1969-75, are nearly ready for despatch. They will start shipping from the 20th October, complete with a beautiful full suede binding and hand-signed print by Ronnie Wood.

The Deluxe copies are a little behind schedule, due to additional steps taken with the care of the natural goatskin suede used to bind the book. With every edition our binders work hard to ensure each book is as durable as it is attractive. In this instance, we have decided to treat the leather with an additional protective spray to ensure the suede remains vibrant and soft over the course of its life."

So it will be here before x-mas hopefully :-))

Andreas

Date: September 30, 2011 19:23

Yes, i got the same mail, good news indeed!

Posted by: A Stone Alone ()
Date: October 20, 2011 21:10

Mine arrived today - Fantastic and well worth the slight delay

Date: October 22, 2011 12:08

Pics?

Posted by: A Stone Alone ()
Date: October 22, 2011 20:48

steffiestones
I have ordered my copy today, can't wait to get it in my hands...
The Deluxe Edition is fully bound in a purple suede leather with gold foil blocking and page edges. Each copy is numbered from 1 to 350 and is signed by Kenney Jones, Ian McLagan and Ronnie Wood.
The book is housed in a cloth solander box with gold foil blocking. The inside of the drop-back box is lined with artwork extracted from the 'A Nod Is As Good As A Wink' poster.
Accompanying the deluxe edition is a numbered artist print, individually signed by Ronnie Wood.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home