Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR GOING THROUGH GROWING PAINS?
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 9, 2011 12:48

I am in a depression over so many of the current posts.
Feels like IORR has lost a lot of joy.
After reading some of the ludicrous posts here, Why would any of the Stones want to go on another tour?

Thankfully, the true mass audience who mostly do not need the Internet to keep them "alive" have better things to do than to sit at a computer and pull the wings off butterflies.

Re: IORR GOING THROUGH GROWING PAINS?
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 9, 2011 12:55

I agree. But the Stones are not making plans based on the comments of a few Internet posters.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 9, 2011 12:59

Just wait when/if the tour is on and all the setlist whiners are here!winking smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 9, 2011 13:02

stonesrule
After reading some of the ludicrous posts here, Why would any of the Stones want to go on another tour?

We are only a very small minority in the Stones' audience.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 9, 2011 13:50

stonesrule
After reading some of the ludicrous posts here, Why would any of the Stones want to go on another tour?.

That's exactly why they need to go on tour again; to "convince us"cool smiley

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 9, 2011 14:30

After 31 years surely it's creeping in to middle age rather than growing pains.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 9, 2011 15:41

I'm sure they have absolutely no interest whatsoever in what anyone here has to say about anything. If one of them did happen to log on here for a moment or two, all he would think is, "How in the world did such a cool band ever wind up with so many dorky fans?" But nothing anyone says here would ever influence any decision they might make about what they're going to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-09 15:42 by tatters.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 9, 2011 15:49

Don't know if I would totally agree with you Tatters. For instance hasn't it been determined that they played Sway as a result of our setlist whining and or request? Also, pretty sure there are lurkers from the Stones camp that get various information from boards like these. I would if I were in business. Great way to get feedback.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:03

frankotero
hasn't it been determined that they played Sway as a result of our setlist whining and or request?

Determined by whom? Has any of them ever said they played it because of requests made on the internet by the 'lunatic fringe'?

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:42

Depressed about a fan site on the internet?

Better find something to do.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:44

Growing Pains?

These are the Facts of Life!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 9, 2011 17:31

Tatters, I'm too lazy to do the research but I'm sure that I read somewhere here on IORR during ABB tour that Chuck Leavell was going to tell the band that the fans want to hear them play Sway. Pretty sure that's how it happened. It could of been made up, but I beleive it.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 9, 2011 18:14

If you have the time and interest DragonSky, would love to hear about the first Stones concert you saw...and the first Stones vinyl/Cd you bought.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: September 9, 2011 20:09

stonesrule

Thankfully, the true mass audience who mostly do not need the Internet to keep them "alive" have better things to do than to sit at a computer and pull the wings off butterflies.

Are you kidding? The passion for the Stones here is incredible! Trust me, The Stones are pumped!

Date: September 9, 2011 20:15

tatters
I'm sure they have absolutely no interest whatsoever in what anyone here has to say about anything. If one of them did happen to log on here for a moment or two, all he would think is, "How in the world did such a cool band ever wind up with so many dorky fans?" But nothing anyone says here would ever influence any decision they might make about what they're going to do.

As I have said many times, your voices are being heard!

Date: September 9, 2011 20:21

Edith Grove
stonesrule

We are only a very small minority in the Stones' audience.

True, and that is why I can't come down to hard on Mick for the set lists.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 9, 2011 20:30

It's all understandable. It has passed more than four years since the band last played together. The band are senior citizens by now and we are all getting older and older...

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: September 9, 2011 20:36

tatters

This is similar to the feeling I get when I read your posts. Butt boy.

Date: September 9, 2011 20:39

frankotero
Don't know if I would totally agree with you Tatters. For instance hasn't it been determined that they played Sway as a result of our setlist whining and or request? Also, pretty sure there are lurkers from the Stones camp that get various information from boards like these. I would if I were in business. Great way to get feedback.

Absolutely! Mick is no fool and if he or the others are not listening in then you can rest assured they have their "watchmen" listening in for them.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: September 9, 2011 22:05

loog droog
Growing Pains?

These are the Facts of Life!

Wow , lots of references to '80's sitcoms in your post . winking smiley

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 9, 2011 22:12

...then please Mick...do Slave...and/or Emotional Rescue....and definetely Topps!

Posted by: Juha ()
Date: September 10, 2011 00:28

No tour no joy....

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: September 10, 2011 01:28

Rip This
...then please Mick...do Slave...and/or Emotional Rescue....and definetely Topps!

Clever !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home