Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 8, 2011 23:54

Lock of the week (so far). Take the Steelers.Lay the 14 tonight....Another snooze mudweek game. But it's betetr than the dog bowl game they have on Monday. Nice scheduling NFL.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 9, 2011 00:17

When I say that Garrett and Jones are idiots, I mean when it comes to doing their jobs. I know they don't have IQ's below 85, but they're idiots at doing their jobs.

Apparently you don't know much about football if you don't know what "icing the kicker" is. It doesn't have anything to do with how many he has made, or his percentage in certain situations. It is a tactic used to frustrate/annoy a kicker, get in his head. Garrett is the first person I know of to employ the tactic on his own kicker. Granted it wasn't his intention to frustrate or annoy his own kicker, but he essentially did it. That field goal was a low percentage field goal, the fact that he made the first try dropped the odds he would make it again. The fact of the matter is that if the Cowboys and Garrett had done a half decent job of clock management they never would have been in that position. It is ridiculous that they burned up 17 seconds of clock to get back to the line of scrimmage and clocked the ball when they could have simply taken a timeout. They had 2 left. They could have run 1-2 more plays and gotten closer to field goal range had they done that, then called a timeout, giving them plenty of time to set up for the field goal. Only the most blind Cowboys fan could defend the way that drive was handled, I know plenty of Cowboys fans who are more than willing to admit the stupidity in how that was handled.

And Romo is a pu$$y. Sure this year he played through an injury, but did so because it was in his best interest. He sat out most of last year with an injury, if he did the same this year he would be "that QB who is always injured" and his stock would drop, and the Cowboys would likely be looking for a new quarterback. He has sat out for a broken pinkie before. Last year he could have played near the end of the season, but just didn't come back. Evidenced by the fact that the last game of the season the Cowgirls were playing a Philadelphia team that was playing 2nd-3rd string players because they had already clinched their playoff spot, and all of the sudden Romo (who was SUPPOSED to be out for the season) was dressed out, warming up, and telling the press that he was 100% and ready to play. Apparently for no other reason than to pad his stats against the Eagles B Team.

Winning Ugly VXII
It's hard to say that the Cowboys are in the middle of the pack of 32 teams when only 7 of the other 31 teams have a better record than they do.

It is easy to say when most of the games the Cowgirls have played were against teams at the bottom of the pack. Their opponents combined record is 66-78, and against such a weak schedule they are only 7-5. If they were a halfway decent team they would have the division locked by now. They are playing in the NFL's worst division this year, and are barely hanging on to a lead.

P.S. I'm not from a trailer park, not that it matters or that I look down on people who live in them. But congratulations for the tackiest comment I've read on this message board.

Date: December 9, 2011 00:32

keefriffhard4life
Winning Ugly VXII
keefriffhard4life

are you high or just some dallas whiskey drinking, truck driving, shotgun carrying fan? dallas does not look good this year period. they are 7-5 which is middle of the pack right now

I'm not high,I live in New England,I drink whiskey once in a while,and I drive a sedan. I don't see what that has to do with anything related to the topic,though.

If you want to talk about being high,someone other than me in this thread might be high.

It's hard to say that the Cowboys are in the middle of the pack of 32 teams when only 7 of the other 31 teams have a better record than they do.

3 of the Cowboys' 5 losses have been by either 3 points or 4 points. One loss was by a wide margin and the last loss was by 6 points in overtime in a game where the opponent was lucky to even get into overtime. They are 3 or 4 plays which probably should have gone their way away from being 10-2 or even 11-1.

The team with Austin,Robinson,Fiammetta,and Bryant on the field does not have 5 losses. That probably will be the team you'll see @ the end of the season and into the play-offs. (Except for when they rest their starters on January 1st on the road against the Giants.)

you keep saying they are 8th because of tie breakers. this is real life not nfl post season rankings. you look at every 7-5 team and they are middle of the pack. even espn on the power rankings for this week says the giants are the best team in your division

ESPN power rankings ?? Is this some kind of a joke ?? I'm fairly certain that the NFL rankings are more important. The NFL tiebreakers are time tested and pretty much universally accepted. They have only been slightly modified 1 time since the '70's as far as I can remember. The tie breaking rules are the same for every team. Everyone is 0-0 with no tie breaking advantage or disadvantage to start the season and then teams earn their place in the standings from there.

Who gave ESPN the authority to proclaim "real world" NFL "power rankings". The NFL is real. ESPN is purely entertainment. Also,it is universally accepted that ESPN always takes an anti-Cowboys angle to appeal to all of the haters. We'll see how accurate those "power rankings" are in the next few weeks.

For the Cowboys to be anywhere near the middle of the pack,you would somehow have to give EVERY single other 7-5 team the advantage over them despite the official tiebreakers - division record / conference record / record vs. common opponents / net points / points for / points against / strength of victory etc..

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 9, 2011 00:38

Winning Ugly VXII

C) Their coach is about as far from an "idiot" as you can get. He graduated from Princeton which is an Ivy League school. Ivy League schools are world renowned for their academic standard.

You can't "ice" a kicker who is 3 for 3 on game winning field goal attempts and 1 for 1 on a field goal to send a game into overtime. The guy couldn't have been too nervous to make the kick. The game was tied,the Cowboys were not behind. There was less pressure than there would have been if they were behind.

The guy called the time-out for two reasons. First off,the special teams coach and the kicking coach told him they needed a time-out. Secondly,the play clock was running down and he wanted to ensure a good chance at a kick that wasn't hurried. He can't see into the future to know that the kick would be missed if they called a time-out there. They just wanted the field goal unit to be more in a normal routine for the kick.

So you just rationalized Garrett's game-costing, bone-headed decision to ice his own kicker. You must have watched the press conference where Garrett was jumping through all kinds of hoops, weaving through invisible mazes to make his decision reasonable.
Unbeleiveable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-09 00:42 by stupidguy2.

Date: December 9, 2011 00:39

Max'sKansasCity
what in the wide wide world of sports?

Ha....one of my favorite movie lines of all time!

Date: December 9, 2011 00:47

NoCode0680
When I say that Garrett and Jones are idiots, I mean when it comes to doing their jobs. I know they don't have IQ's below 85, but they're idiots at doing their jobs.

Apparently you don't know much about football if you don't know what "icing the kicker" is. It doesn't have anything to do with how many he has made, or his percentage in certain situations. It is a tactic used to frustrate/annoy a kicker, get in his head. Garrett is the first person I know of to employ the tactic on his own kicker. Granted it wasn't his intention to frustrate or annoy his own kicker, but he essentially did it. That field goal was a low percentage field goal, the fact that he made the first try dropped the odds he would make it again. The fact of the matter is that if the Cowboys and Garrett had done a half decent job of clock management they never would have been in that position. It is ridiculous that they burned up 17 seconds of clock to get back to the line of scrimmage and clocked the ball when they could have simply taken a timeout. They had 2 left. They could have run 1-2 more plays and gotten closer to field goal range had they done that, then called a timeout, giving them plenty of time to set up for the field goal. Only the most blind Cowboys fan could defend the way that drive was handled, I know plenty of Cowboys fans who are more than willing to admit the stupidity in how that was handled.

And Romo is a pu$$y. Sure this year he played through an injury, but did so because it was in his best interest. He sat out most of last year with an injury, if he did the same this year he would be "that QB who is always injured" and his stock would drop, and the Cowboys would likely be looking for a new quarterback. He has sat out for a broken pinkie before. Last year he could have played near the end of the season, but just didn't come back. Evidenced by the fact that the last game of the season the Cowgirls were playing a Philadelphia team that was playing 2nd-3rd string players because they had already clinched their playoff spot, and all of the sudden Romo (who was SUPPOSED to be out for the season) was dressed out, warming up, and telling the press that he was 100% and ready to play. Apparently for no other reason than to pad his stats against the Eagles B Team.

Winning Ugly VXII

It is easy to say when most of the games the Cowgirls have played were against teams at the bottom of the pack. Their opponents combined record is 66-78, and against such a weak schedule they are only 7-5. If they were a halfway decent team they would have the division locked by now. They are playing in the NFL's worst division this year, and are barely hanging on to a lead.

P.S. I'm not from a trailer park, not that it matters or that I look down on people who live in them. But congratulations for the tackiest comment I've read on this message board.

agreed on everything said. they are in one of the worst divisions this year and yes if they were great they would have it locked and would have done so by wins not by having the giants lose games.

Date: December 9, 2011 01:33

NoCode0680

Winning Ugly VXII

- Garrett is not an "idiot at doing his job". He's done a pretty decent job since he took over. Sure,he's new to being a head coach and needs to gain some more experience and learn from his mistakes just like anyone else doing a new job.

- Jones is not "an idiot at doing his job" either. He's done as good a job or better than 24 other owners and GM's this year. Once again,dealing in facts instead of opinions,he has 3 Super Bowl championships in 22 seasons (as well as many more play-off appearances and division titles) which is also better than most.

- I seriously doubt that the kicker was frustrated or annoyed last week because of the time-out. He just missed the kick which is more likely to happen from time to time,after making as many as he has,by the law of averages. It probably didn't help that there was a different holder than there was the previous 2 games. The time-out was called BEFORE he kicked the ball. Arizona knew it and didn't try to rush/defend the attempt.

I personally don't agree with the way the last 20 seconds were handled in that game but,my point is there are two sides to that coin. They didn't want a negative play to force them out of field goal range or to cost them possession of the ball and a chance at the kick. That's why they didn't call a time-out earlier. They took a conservative approach just as they did in New England and @ the end of overtime in Washington. Hindsight is 20/20. If the kick was converted,there would be none of this discussion.

- Your take on Romo is completely irrational. He was out last year with a BROKEN collarbone. Has any quarterback in the history of the league continued to play with that injury ?? I seriously doubt it. The injury wasn't his fault either. The ex-fullback missed his blocking assignment in that game and a linebacker came through untouched and slammed Romo to the ground. As for the broken finger,it's not a very good idea for a quarterback to play with a broken finger which has a strong negative impact on his throwing. Romo wanted to return for the final game last year to pad his stats ??? Oh yeah,I'm sure of that. He wants to play when he's capable just like almost every other NFL player.

- I never said that anyone is or is not from a trailer park. I don't look down on all people that live in them. It is,however,common knowledge that there are many low life characters who do live in trailer parks and who do use crude vocabulary. My point was that you use some of the same poor vocabulary as some low life scum who happen to live in trailer parks. Make sense ??

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 9, 2011 01:39

Anytime you guys want to knock off this silly lttle pissing contsest. It would be welcome.

Date: December 9, 2011 01:46

Sure. I'm just calling people out on irrational nonsense that they post,most of which can't be backed-up by any type of facts. I'm just presenting the facts of the matter along with some of my own opinions and beliefs.

The Cowboys did go through rough times from '86 to '90 and again in the late '90's through the early 2000's but that doesn't mean that they are a horrible team now.

Date: December 9, 2011 01:50

The Cowgirls are the greatest show on turf! Oh, but that line has been taken.
Be happy that the Cowboys are America's Team. Well, at least they are in your mind. That's all that counts WinningUgly. If you believe, than its so.....
The rest of us can just languish in mediocrity and futility.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-09 01:51 by stupidguy2.

Date: December 9, 2011 01:50

Winning Ugly VXII
I never said that anyone is or is not from a trailer park. I don't look down on all people that live in them. It is,however,common knowledge that there are many low life characters who do live in trailer parks and who do use crude vocabulary. My point was that you use some of the same poor vocabulary as some low life scum who happen to live in trailer parks. Make sense ??

I didn't say a single word that can't be found in a Stones song. Are they "lowlife scum" from a trailer park?

By the way, I've backed up most everything I've said with numbers and examples. I can see there's no having an intelligent discussion with you, you're just a fanboy. So I'll just bow out of the "pissing contest" and leave you alone to win your Super Bowl.

P.S. There are plenty of lowlife scumbags who live in mansions, Kardashians and Hiltons come to mind. How much money a person has or how big there house is really has nothing to do with whether or not they are scumbags.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-09 02:03 by NoCode0680.

Date: December 9, 2011 02:06

I am a fan but,I'm not a boy. Like I said,your examples are used to make irrational points such as implying Romo should have played through a broken collarbone. I don't remember too many numbers presented except for 7-5 and strength of schedule numbers. As I have repeatedly pointed out,all NFC East teams have the same exact schedule except for two games and since Dallas ended up losing to Detroit,the Cowboys only stand to gain a 1 game advantage max on the other NFC East teams because of differences in the schedule.

Date: December 9, 2011 02:38

man its like talking to a first grader

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 9, 2011 03:01

Good grief, is this still that same Cowboys conversation?

Date: December 9, 2011 03:06

Winning Ugly VXII
Like I said,your examples are used to make irrational points such as implying Romo should have played through a broken collarbone.

Maybe it only seems irrational because you didn't read it correctly. I didn't say that. I pointed out that he supposedly had a season ending injury, an injury that IF it was as serious as they said should have had him out. Then as soon as it was announced the Eagles were going to be playing their B Squad, Romo was dressed out, begging to play, and telling the press he was 100%. I'm saying that if he was really hurt he should have been out, but he was dressed out and throwing the ball just fine, whereas the week before he was done for. Garrett didn't let him play, but the question remains, why did Romo suddenly get healed when it was announced the Eagles were going to be playing their second and third stringers. I think it is obvious that either Romo wasn't actually hurt as bad as he let on, or that he was but once he was healed didn't want to be involved with that debacle season they were having last year. Until he saw an opportunity to pad his stats, then suddenly he was OK.

If his collarbone was broken (which I'm sure it was at one time) he SHOULD have been out. But before that Eagles game he was out on the field throwing the ball and telling reporters he was 100%, apparently overnight. That caused a huge stink down here. Even the Romo lovers I know were scratching their head over that. I'm not saying he should have been playing. He should have been out. Even if he was healed, he should have been out for milking that injury.

Week 15: I'm out for the season, I'm done for
Week 16: I'm 100%. Put me in coach.

Date: December 9, 2011 03:06

omg

Date: December 9, 2011 03:11

Max'sKansasCity
omg

If you have a new topic for discussion put it out there. Commenting on the discussion we're having isn't really any more constructive than being in it.

Date: December 9, 2011 03:16

I did, 2 pages ago.

Date: December 9, 2011 03:18

but it is also sometimes fun to sit up here in the peanut gallery and moan and groan and throw peanut shells winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-09 03:18 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 9, 2011 03:22

Max'sKansasCity
I did, 2 pages ago.

About who would beat the Packers? I replied to that. It just depends on whether or not they rest players or decide to go for it all. I personally think they should rest players. I would love for somebody to shut up those '72 Dolphins, but winning the Super Bowl is the most important thing.

Date: December 9, 2011 03:26

ok... ummmmm

Which coach will be fired first ?

Date: December 9, 2011 03:27

First Coach that SHOULD BE fired is Haley/KC.
He may be a good QB coach, but not a head coach.

Date: December 9, 2011 03:29

Max'sKansasCity
ok... ummmmm

Well, Jack Del Rio of the Jaguars was the first, so I think you mean fired next. I got my money on Andy Reid.

Date: December 9, 2011 03:32

NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity
ok... ummmmm

Well, Jack Del Rio of the Jaguars was the first, so I think you mean fired next. I got my money on Andy Reid.
Yeah Philly was supposed to be really good this year, eh?
It may be time... Andy has been there a while.

Date: December 9, 2011 03:39

I've obviously never been in the Eagles locker room to really see Andy Reid in action, but from the outside looking in he seems like a pretty sad sack, that his players just walk all over him, and his main job is that when the Eagles ultimately fail (as they are oft to do) he sits there looking deflated trying to explain what went wrong.

Date: December 9, 2011 03:42

Reid should get at least another year. What a disaster. In Houston, we were salivating over possibly getting Asomugha and now look. The Dream Team! I confess that its sometimes entertaining as hell to watch a trainwreck.

Date: December 9, 2011 03:48

Watching this Steelers V Browns game reinforces that I am not much of a fan of throw back uniforms.

As the Browns cant score a TD... but the Steelers march right down and score a TD.... Thus the 14 point spread.

Date: December 9, 2011 03:53

Max'sKansasCity
Watching this Steelers V Browns game reinforces that I am not much of a fan of throw back uniforms.

Some of them are good. I prefer the old Patriots and Broncos jerseys/helmets than the updated ones they have. I don't see what was wrong with them. I'll even take the old Buccaneers creamsicle jerseys.

Date: December 9, 2011 03:59

NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity

Some of them are good. I prefer the old Patriots and Broncos jerseys/helmets than the updated ones they have. I don't see what was wrong with them. I'll even take the old Buccaneers creamsicle jerseys.
I guess they just reek of marketing... buy me one for Christmas etc etc... uneeded.

Date: December 9, 2011 04:05

Max'sKansasCity
NoCode0680
Max'sKansasCity

I guess they just reek of marketing... buy me one for Christmas etc etc... uneeded.

I thought it was great when they did it in '94 for the NFL's 75th Anniversary, and I was under the impression that was a one time thing. Then they started doing it for old rivalry games and stuff, now they just bust them out at random times. I only like the ones that wear the uniforms I'm used to from when I was younger, like the Broncos and Patriots. I don't like the ones like the Packers have, the Acme Packers blue and gold. It just looks wrong. And whenever the Steelers wore these uniforms, it wasn't in my lifetime.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home