Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 28, 2011 05:59

Max'sKansasCity
When LSU wins the SEC Championship Game next week, "they" should cancel the National Championship game, becasue there is no need to go through a popularity contest just to plug in one, of 5-6 teams, simply to put on a dog and pony show.

LSU wins and they Cancel the National Championship game... and if "they" dont like it, then "they" need to fkg start a college football playoff system all fkn ready. They have playoffs in Div 2, and it works quite well. Colleg Basketball March madenss playoffs are legendary....

I have been waiting, and to this second, no one has offered a good reason to not have a colleg football playoff system.

Would you watch the NFL if there were no playoffs? if they just had popularity contests to plug teams into meaningless "bowl games"? Who gives a fk about a bowl berths?... what is the point of meaningless bowl games..What a scam. The kings clothes are a sham. Time for a change.

Make the usual bowls into payoff dates and lets have some fun.
Agreed. Need a playoff and no one's gonna beat LSU this year.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 28, 2011 06:26

sweetcharmedlife
thumbs up

I dont even think the Chiefs could bet LSU this year.
1 TD in the last 45 Chiefs possessions? What a debacleaster this team is, the whole front office/all coaches needs to be fired.

Date: November 28, 2011 08:27

thats why i don't watch college football anymore. they need a playoff system

Date: November 28, 2011 08:50

keefriffhard4life
thats why i don't watch college football anymore. they need a playoff system
I am about to join you.
The way things are now, I am not sure what the point is.

ps
Ya know, as a matter of fact, I have never read
anyone post an opinion against a college football playoff... Like....
"lets not have March Madness any more, it is bad for the kids schooling".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-28 09:07 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: November 28, 2011 18:14

All NCAA sports are basically a money making machine . Especially Division 1 , those athletes cannot be attending many classes . If they pass it's only because of collusion on the parts of the coaches and their professors . Of course there are exceptions to the rule . I love hearing when an athlete who came out early goes back to school to complete their education . They'll never need the diploma as they really should not need any income after a career in the world of professional sports .

Date: November 28, 2011 18:23

So back to the real subject:

Saints are gonna beat the New Jersey Giants tonight.

Date: November 28, 2011 18:37

boston2006
All NCAA sports are basically a money making machine . Especially Division 1 , those athletes cannot be attending many classes . If they pass it's only because of collusion on the parts of the coaches and their professors . Of course there are exceptions to the rule . I love hearing when an athlete who came out early goes back to school to complete their education . They'll never need the diploma as they really should not need any income after a career in the world of professional sports .

thats not true. most of the big name programs have tutors go with them on the trips and get extra time to complete things. do you really think coach k pulls strings and gets the duke players good grades they didn't earn?

Date: November 28, 2011 18:57

Max'sKansasCity
sweetcharmedlife
thumbs up

1 TD in the last 45 Chiefs possessions? What a debacleaster this team is, the whole front office/all coaches needs to be fired.
Yeah,but they covered the spread last night against the Steelers.confused smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: November 29, 2011 00:23

sweetcharmedlife
Max'sKansasCity
sweetcharmedlife
thumbs up

Yeah,but they covered the spread last night against the Steelers.confused smiley

the spread... ah the spread.. this thread could be labeled "the spread".. eh?

Date: November 29, 2011 00:27

keefriffhard4life
boston2006

thats not true. most of the big name programs have tutors go with them on the trips and get extra time to complete things. do you really think coach k pulls strings and gets the duke players good grades they didn't earn?

You mean Satan? of course he would.
I wouldnt put anything past Satan... winking smiley

In all seriousness I think the schooling/grading
of college athletes is a mix of what both of you say. You are both correct.

Date: November 29, 2011 06:53

Max'sKansasCity
keefriffhard4life
boston2006

You mean Satan? of course he would.
I wouldnt put anything past Satan... winking smiley

In all seriousness I think the schooling/grading
of college athletes is a mix of what both of you say. You are both correct.

certain programs/coaches aren't going to risk their job/schools reputation. duke usually has at least 1 all academic player every season which means they need like at least a 3.7 GPA out of a possible 4.0

Date: December 2, 2011 03:39

keefriffhard4life
certain programs/coaches aren't going to risk their job/schools reputation. duke usually has at least 1 all academic player every season which means they need like at least a 3.7 GPA out of a possible 4.0
Pretty impressive

Battle of the 4-7 bird teams tonight... squawk!!!!

Date: December 2, 2011 14:39

I'm betting against my Patriots this week . 21 points is a lot to give .

Indianapolis + 21 over New England

Hoping Belichick has a heart and doesn't run it up on the Colts

Date: December 2, 2011 17:44

It'll be interesting to see if the Patriots run the score up like the Saints did on the Colts.

Saints will knock Detroit's playoff chances out.

Chicago/KC - I dunno.

Atlanta/Houston - hopefully Houston wins.

Oakland/Miami - ha ha ha ha ha. Well it was funny at the beginning of the season. Somehow Oakland has turned into a decent team.

The rest of the games are easy. Not really any playoff positions on the line. The New Jersey Loafs playing the Packers? That'll be another slaughter.

Date: December 2, 2011 17:46

boston2006

21 points? YIKES!!!!

21 points is the most NFL points I can recall being given (or taken, as the case may be). I dont think I would want any part of that, unless I had some examples of how Belichick behaves in games like this, with massive points like that.

Date: December 2, 2011 19:15

boston2006

Belichick have a heart? Yeah that'll be the day. Pats win by 50. Niners win by 20.

Date: December 2, 2011 19:35

I think the only team that Belichick would intentionally run it up on would be the Jets .

I think you'll see backup QB Brian Hoyer get a lot of snaps in this match up .

Date: December 4, 2011 22:57

boston2006

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!!
and as it turns out, just like the Grinch, Bilichick has a heart.

PS
imuho Congrats to LSU-NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 2011-2012
If someone can give me a (good)(non-money) reason to hold a National Championship Game, then I would love to hear it.... but to hold a popularity contest between Alabama, OSU, Stanford and others to see which one "deserves to play LSU is redonkulous and unneeded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-04 23:00 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 4, 2011 22:59

Ah yes , I'm on a roll now ,gotta hand it to the Colts though . They didn't quit !

YTD 5 ~ 8 !

Just for kicks I believe I'll try and double up today and play a late game .

I'll take the Packers minus 6 1/2 over the NY Giants ,

Date: December 4, 2011 23:10

and whoa..... the dumbhead Chiefs win (finally scoring a TD after a barren 31 series without one)(Palko's 1st in the NFL, on a lucky Hail Mary pass/reception in the endzone, with 0:00 on the clock in the 2nd quarter)(after Kyle Orton was injured on his VERY first play as a Chief), Choakland gets DESTROYED by Miami and Dumbver finds a way to lose to the lowly Vikings...... ah life in the embarrassing AFC west, where they say things like... "at 4-7 this team needs a win to stay in the hunt for a playoff spot" wtf??... sheeesh... I miss the good ole days.

OOPS!!!! HOLD THE PRESSES-
Denver ties the score 32-32 with a FG with 1:32 in the 4th

And Dumbver (and miracle boy Teabow) defeats the Vikings, as the Donkeys kick a game winning FG as time expires.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-04 23:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 4, 2011 23:15

GO NINERS!smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 5, 2011 04:03

boston2006
They'll never need the diploma as they really should not need any income after a career in the world of professional sports .

Unless, you have many kids from multiple mothers. Then child support can be draining.

Date: December 5, 2011 04:10

I think that it's time to change the name of this thread. The N.F.L. season began almost 3 months ago!!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 5, 2011 04:18

What was the deal with Jason Garrett icing his own kicker? He wound up looking extremely stupid. That dumb timeout on top of clock mismanagement and terrible play calling, then losing to a 4-7 team in overtime just goes to show that Garrett is not an NFL head coach.

Date: December 5, 2011 05:08

sweetcharmedlife
NFC West champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: December 5, 2011 06:11

sweetcharmedlife
sweetcharmedlife

Good job Niners but that is the equivalent of 3rd place in other divisions.

Date: December 5, 2011 06:15

The Sicilian
sweetcharmedlife
sweetcharmedlife

Good job Niners but that is the equivalent of 3rd place in other divisions.
10-2 is not a third place team. 5-7 is. You know all about that in Buffalo don't you?

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 5, 2011 06:28

NFC West isn't the worst division in the NFL, at least not this year. This year the NFC East is ridiculously bad. The Dallas Cowboys are leading that division with a 7-5 record, and their record makes them look better than they actually are. They've only played 4 games against teams with a winning record. And they lost to Arizona today, who are one of the dogs of the NFC West.

Date: December 5, 2011 07:02

Who Dat! 9-3.

Date: December 5, 2011 10:03

NoCode0680
NFC West isn't the worst division in the NFL, at least not this year. This year the NFC East is ridiculously bad. The Dallas Cowboys are leading that division with a 7-5 record, and their record makes them look better than they actually are. They've only played 4 games against teams with a winning record. And they lost to Arizona today, who are one of the dogs of the NFC West.

agreed. the cowboys are a shit team. how can anyone not see it? they haven't had a win against any team going to the playoffs

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home