Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 42
Re: OT ~ NFL begins tonight
Date: October 25, 2011 11:45

The upsets keep coming. I would've bet the farm on the Ravens tonight.

Date: October 25, 2011 11:53

Palace Revolution 2000

me too. when i saw that it gave me hope that the JETS might pull off a playoff appearance for a franchise record 3rd straight year

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 25, 2011 15:57

Max'sKansasCity
SNF score
Indy 7 New Orleans 62 ?
with 5:00 minutes to go in the game?..... good grief.

Peyton Manning for MVP.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 25, 2011 18:00

Hey, SCL!

You could have bought Sean Payton's house with your Fantasy Football winnings: [papilios.photoshelter.com]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 25, 2011 19:29

Palace Revolution 2000
I did bet the farm on the Ravens last night....And the Cardinals.Oh the horror. The horror.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 25, 2011 22:39

Oh well, at least you still have your

Date: October 25, 2011 23:32

Max'sKansasCity
Man's best friend. Until I use him for my next wager.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: October 26, 2011 01:41

sweetcharmedlife
Max'sKansasCity

Hopefully he's not your next meal ............ ugh !!

Date: October 26, 2011 12:23

boston2006
sweetcharmedlife
Max'sKansasCity

Hopefully he's not your next meal ............ ugh !!

Haha...now where did that post drop in from ?
Must be the antennae theory.

Date: October 28, 2011 15:16

Think I'll use an old standby this week and flip a coin .

It's up in the air , tails it is .

My pick is 2 team tease ~

Tennessee minus 1 / 2 over Indianapolis
and
Buffalo plus 1 over Washington

YTD 2 - 4

Date: October 31, 2011 09:04

Finally a winning Sunday .
Both teams easily covered .

Thank the coin flipping gods for the win !

Date: October 31, 2011 12:22

How does New Orleans win by 55 points a week ago, and then hand the Rams their first win of the season.... ahhhhhhh the NFL... where every week there is "one special game"

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS -14 ... 21
ST. LOUIS RAMS ........+14.... 31 final

That is NOT a bashing of N.O., just an observation about NFL gambling in general. It seems every week there are/is a "trap games" which seem like locks, but they are traps.... I didnt see this game yesterday, but yikes... N.O. won by 55 points last week... and I bet they will come back with a vengeance next week.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-31 12:38 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 31, 2011 21:07

The only thing that I can see that may have contributed to the Saints demise was that last weeks game was on the road as was this weeks game .

Maybe a lack of prep or never really fully believed that the Rams were a force to be reckoned with . I know coaches warn players of this all the time but if players feel the game will be a cakewalk they may be lackadaisical in their game prep .

Date: October 31, 2011 23:36

Passed on S.C.L.'s this week. But I do like KC tonight for an upset. Maybe just wager a goldfish or two on this one.smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: October 31, 2011 23:42

sweetcharmedlife
Passed on S.C.L.'s this week. But I do like KC tonight for an upset. Maybe just wager a goldfish or two on this one.smiling bouncing smiley

"OH NO"

winking smiley

Date: November 1, 2011 01:40

sweetcharmedlife

From the looks of live news TV coverage right now, if you pick The Chiefs tonight, you will have (at least to start the game) the best fans in the NFL scraming their crazed Halloween heads off... the crowd noise at Arrowhead can be deafening.... it has been to known to ruin NFL QBs (just ask Ryan Leaf)

People in the parking lots seem giddysmileys with beer... now lets see if Chiefs can do their part... sure, they can beat crappy teams(the last 3 weeks) now lets see how they do against with the Chargers....

I really really miss the good old days... sad smiley

Arrowhead and her fans are the best....
when the Chiefs do their part, the fans do theirs, the noise is deafening.

Date: November 1, 2011 02:37

Max'sKansasCity
How does New Orleans win by 55 points a week ago, and then hand the Rams their first win of the season.... ahhhhhhh the NFL... where every week there is "one special game"

That is NOT a bashing of N.O., just an observation about NFL gambling in general. It seems every week there are/is a "trap games" which seem like locks, but they are traps.... I didnt see this game yesterday, but yikes... N.O. won by 55 points last week... and I bet they will come back with a vengeance next week.

I believe they will beat the Bucs pretty good but more than that, I hope so.

9 teams have scored 60+ points in a game and 7 of them have gone on to lose the next game, the Saints being the 7th. The last time the Saints lost to a winless team was in 2007, to the 0-8 Rams. Before that it was in 2003 or around there to the 0-10 Cleveland Browns. It happens. And the Saints have a history of letting winless teams beat them.

Date: November 1, 2011 02:49

DragonSky

9 teams have scored 60+ points in a game and 7 of them have gone on to lose the next game, the Saints being the 7th. The last time the Saints lost to a winless team was in 2007, to the 0-8 Rams. Before that it was in 2003 or around there to the 0-10 Cleveland Browns. It happens. And the Saints have a history of letting winless teams beat them.

Really? WOW!!! Now THAT is the kind of information I would like to read before game, that is great info. May I ask where you looked that up?

ps
How about those KC fans getting loud when thier defense is on the field and knowing about being quiet when the offense is on the field? They are among the most savy fans in the NFL... and that is not a homer remark, it is just is what it is.

Date: November 1, 2011 04:17

and... at halftime the goldfishys are happy...
but still concerned... they are well aware of the bookies appetite for sushi.....

Date: November 1, 2011 05:41

Max'sKansasCity
DragonSky

Really? WOW!!! Now THAT is the kind of information I would like to read before game, that is great info. May I ask where you looked that up?

I didn't look it up, I heard it on the radio today. Bobby Hebert, the first New Orleans Saints quarterback to take them to the playoffs and who is on the WWL radio sports show, said this today. He always has all these facts. I knew of the previous loss to a winless team being St Louis already, which he also talked about, but the 9 teams with 60+ points things I was not aware of.

Date: November 1, 2011 05:41

DragonSky
Max'sKansasCity
DragonSky

I didn't look it up, I heard it on the radio today. Bobby Hebert, the first New Orleans Saints quarterback to take them to the playoffs and who is on the WWL radio sports show, said this today. He always has all these facts. I knew of the previous loss to a winless team being St Louis already, which he also talked about, but the 9 teams with 60+ points things I was not aware of.

Ah, thanks...... that is a stat worth remembering ESPECAILLY if the 60 point team is GIVING 14 points.... those are the only types of big bets I make these days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-01 05:43 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 1, 2011 05:55

BWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... stupid chargers!!! hahahahaa

lucky, for now, goldfishys

Date: November 1, 2011 05:59

As the Chargers snatch overtime from the jaws of a sure Victory..... so funny

They need to change NFL overtime rules to be like college overtime rules. I love college overtime.... and it beats the heck out of letting a coin flip decide a game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-01 06:01 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 1, 2011 06:02

Back in 2002 is when the 0-10 Browns beat the Saints - in New Orleans. That was just mind boggling.

Date: November 1, 2011 06:18

DragonSky
Back in 2002 is when the 0-10 Browns beat the Saints - in New Orleans. That was just mind boggling.
my spidey sense was telling me something was "up" with at 62 points scored last, but I didnt know what... but I did mention it that score, up above.... I should have looked deeper.... dang it.... 7/9 AND getting 14 points makes that a good bet, a real lock, worth betting BIG.... plus it makes it really exciting

Date: November 1, 2011 06:21

Whoa.... CHIEFS WIN.... how about that?

And the Goldfishys are safe..... at least until next week winking smiley

Date: November 1, 2011 06:21

Well there was another game with that exact score back in 1973...

Atlanta 62
New Orleans 7

Date: November 1, 2011 18:55

Max'sKansasCity
BWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... stupid chargers!!! hahahahaa

lucky, for now, goldfishys
The goldfishys can thank Phillip Rivers brain fart for living another week.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: November 1, 2011 19:40

DragonSky
Max'sKansasCity

The Bucs won their first game as a franchise against the Saints, after losing their first 26 games.

I remember this because I was a Buccaneer fan (thanks, Dad!) and was in 6th grade at the time. A classmate of mine played on the Saints Pop Warner football team. I proceeded to give him a hard time about it on Monday morning before school, and he proceeded to start swinging! After a few exchanged blows and a roll on the ground, the fight was broken up. He wound up being in with the group of guys I "ran" with in High School.

Date: November 4, 2011 22:46

This week we're going with the hometown team .

I'll take the Patriots giving 7 1/2 to the Giants .

YTD 3 - 4

You Know I'm Smiling Baby

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 42

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1666
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home