Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Best Dressed Rolling Stone on and off stage
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 30, 2011 01:06

YOUR thoughts..particularly when you've glimpsed a Stone in public.

LET IT RIP!

Re: Best Dressed Rolling Stone on and off stage
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 30, 2011 01:12

I rather discuss Stones women dressed on and off bed

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: August 30, 2011 01:20

NICOS
I rather discuss Stones women dressed on and off bed

I second that!!

Bo hot smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 30, 2011 01:21

Charlie Watts, hands down.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 30, 2011 03:35

1- Mick
2- Charlie
3- Ronnie
4- Keith

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: August 30, 2011 04:02

Charlie, then Mick, then the other two who don't quite match up to the first two!

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: August 30, 2011 04:44

Charlie, he made Vanity Fair's best dressed men in the world list few years ago.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: August 30, 2011 04:56

Edith Grove
Charlie Watts, hands down.

Yes, absolutely! Charlie by a mile! Mick? Not so good in pink these days!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 30, 2011 05:32

Keef's look between about 1968 and '75 pretty much sums up how a rock star is supposed to look: decadently dapper and elegantly wasted. For that alone, I give the nod (pun intended) to THE HUMAN RIFF!

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: August 30, 2011 05:39

Keith and mick 1969 to about 1981.....charlie from about Black and Blue forward...Ronnies allways had a cool look...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 30, 2011 05:39

....Keith was certainly ahead of his time wearing Anita's things as his own.....eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 30, 2011 05:42

"Best dressed" and "coolest rock star looks" are very different descriptions, IMO.

Run an image search on Charlie, an you'll see a smartly-dressed gentleman that just happens to be a rock star, although I really don't think Charlie considers himself a "rock star."

Really now, who else can step over garbage and still look as good as Charlie?

Rockman's collection

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 30, 2011 08:27

It used to be Brian Jones

2 1 2 0

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: August 30, 2011 09:13

Charlie

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: August 30, 2011 10:43

lets say till like the mid eighties it was no question that keith was the one with style. he always looked fantastic. elegantly wasted. a style ICON!

micks waredrobe since the mid 80ies is an absolute tasteless disaster. buffalo-like sneakers combined with pink silk shirts. color combinations as if he was blind.
ronnie is a bit hit and miss. in bad days he looks like his paintings.

charlie probably aged the best stylewise.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 30, 2011 10:46

Come On
It used to be Brian Jones

Undoubtedly.

Date: August 30, 2011 10:57

I'm surprised: I thought it was going to be Ron Wood all the way.
Charlie has the best fashion sense, but it isn't every day that he is decked out. Ronnie always looks good. I'd say - he looks better off stage than on these days. Jo used to dress him up pretty good.
Keith used to look good, but nowadays I'd say he is last.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 30, 2011 11:01

Mick onstage, Charlie offstage. Onstage, Charlie just wears tee shirts.

The Voodoo Lounge costumes, best ever!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 30, 2011 11:02

Rip This
....Keith was certainly ahead of his time wearing Anita's things as his own.....eye rolling smiley

Well, he was the best looking in the 70s but that was really Anita. Brian was the best when he was well (I dont include the garbage he wore at Monterey) and that was his style as well as Anita. Mick looked great in 1975 onstage and maybe off but he never had any style of his own. Charlie is the winner after Brian I guess. And Keith in the 70s of course.

Date: August 30, 2011 11:08

Even when Brian was a mess he was better dressed than everyone else.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: August 30, 2011 12:33

I agree with Redhotcarpet. Mick never really had a style of his own; as with most things (like music) he's always been kind of picking up the trends of the day (mod fashion in the 60s, denim and flared pants in the early '70s, punky neon later, etc.). Keith almost created male rock star fashion by his own in the '70s. Brian always looked cool. Ronnie went along. Bill picked up some ugly stuff more often than not, but it was always kinda funky. Charlie usually dressed well.

TODAY, I would say Charlie looks the best, because he's the only one who hasn't "lost it" fashion wise. Keith and Mick has worn a couple of really ugly outfits on stage since the '80s.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 30, 2011 12:41

I never thought Brian looked good. The way he tied silk scarves on his wrist and knees looked very gay to me, as well as the piles of jewellery and the floppy hats with feathers.

Date: August 30, 2011 12:53

Bliss
I never thought Brian looked good. The way he tied silk scarves on his wrist and knees looked very gay to me, as well as the piles of jewellery and the floppy hats with feathers.

What's wrong with looking gay? confused smiley

Date: August 30, 2011 12:56

Date: August 30, 2011 13:57

LieB
I agree with Redhotcarpet. Mick never really had a style of his own; as with most things (like music) he's always been kind of picking up the trends of the day (mod fashion in the 60s, denim and flared pants in the early '70s, punky neon later, etc.). Keith almost created male rock star fashion by his own in the '70s. Brian always looked cool. Ronnie went along. Bill picked up some ugly stuff more often than not, but it was always kinda funky. Charlie usually dressed well.

TODAY, I would say Charlie looks the best, because he's the only one who hasn't "lost it" fashion wise. Keith and Mick has worn a couple of really ugly outfits on stage since the '80s.

Agree 100%. And Bill had style, he spotted trends, like Mick in a way. Keiths 1974-1978/79 is amazing. 1972 is a bit too clever, also a bit too cowboyish although it looked cool on him. 1975 is Keiths year. And 1978 at Woodstock. Brian probably had the coolest and best style altogheter in 1966/1967.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-30 14:19 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: August 30, 2011 14:04

Essential...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 30, 2011 14:22

Come on! Only true Stones fans can doubt who is a style icon. For others, there are no questions about it

Mick Jagger: rock peacock
A new book showcases the dynamic and enduring style of stage legend Mick Jagger.
BY DAVID NICHOLLS | 14 MAY 2011

Few could argue that Mick Jagger is one of life's great peacocks - and not in the way that Keith Richards so unkindly suggested in his autobiography Life last year.
Rather, the rock god has spent nearly 50 years posing, pouting and prancing around, pushing the boundaries of what's socially permissible while challenging traditional ideas of what it is to be manly. Fur coats? Crop tops? A smokey eye? Tick, tick and tick
Much of this has been captured on film, which has been brought together by photography expert François Hébel in Mick Jagger: the photobook. Here we see the extravagantly-lipped Rolling Stones frontman captured in myriad scenarios by the great and the good of the photography world, from Cecil Beaton to Annie Leibovitz.
The book not only shows him off as the performer and exhibitionist that he is however, it also documents Jagger's role as a true style icon. Between the Ossie Clarke jumpsuits of the early 1970s and unfortunate shampoo-and-set hairdos of the early 1990s, the musician's rich catalogue of looks provides some golden nuggets of inspiration.

In 1968 he puckers up in a knee length faux fur coat for the famed rock photographer Gered Mankowitz. Two years later he stares, moon-eye, into Roger Whitaker's fish eye lens on the set of Ned Kelly (1970): the look is Amish settler meets Abraham Lincoln. By the 1992 the Scottish photographer Albert Watson morphed Jagger into a leopard.
What is clear is that Jagger has always taken chances when it comes to what he wears. And if there is a single fashion message to be gleaned from the book, it's that many of us could follow his lead on this point.
Bar a short introduction there's barely a word in this monograph because really - the pictures say it all.

[fashion.telegraph.co.uk]

In pictures: Mick Jagger, style icon
[fashion.telegraph.co.uk]

Casual and elegant in 1973 - a role model for us all.

Mick Jagger
The rock style of an all-time music icon

[www.vogue.it]
Being a style icon at almost 70 by condensing the formula "sex-drugs rock 'n roll" without appearing ridiculous is a difficult task. But when your name is Mick Jagger, aka licensed playboy with seven children (with four different women) then the story is very different. You can't say that the leader of the Rolling Stone has not been able to play with his image, accentuating a slender body with a skinny fit for shirts, pants and jackets, his dressing fetish since more than 50 years. Some says that Sir Jagger (knighted in 2003) asked Yves Saint Laurent for a velvet blazer now many of his signature tailored jackets by the English tailor Timothy Everest look exactly like that old one.
As a young dandy from the 70s Jagger often chose a shaved velvet version, with wide-brimmed hat and ankle-boots: a mood you can repeat these days with Gucci and Boglioli collections, associated with a perfect shirt by Roberto Cavalli and accessories by Stetson, Borsalino, Louis Vuitton and Alberto Guardiani. Over the years, Jagger also favoured a white blazer (found in today's collections by Hackett London, Ermenegildo Zegna and Salvatore Ferragamo), often with jeans (maybe gray like the Re-Hash pair and with a belt, such as the one from Salvatore Ferragamo), T-shirts (by Bikkembergs) and designer's sneakers (by Puma Hussein Chalayan and Prada), or a colorful jacket, single or double-breasted (Corneliani and Caruso), combined with a patterned tie (Tino Cosma), shirt and white trousers. By night, the jacket is made of a glossy fabric, and strong colors (such as the proposals by Dirk Bikkembergs Sport Couture, Salvatore Ferragamo and Corneliani) and accessories are dark and glamorous (Boss Black, Jil Sander and Dior Homme). A myth never change. Even in the look.

Mick Jagger
Clothing's retrospective of a rock legend

[www.vogue.it]
Singer, film producer (and sometimes actor), Sir (from 2003). And much more. After a fifty-year career, Mick Jagger, the Rolling Stone's leader, is a living icon. Also in style. Charming and magnetic representative of the "unconventional beauty" powered by an undeniable charisma, the Jagger's look can be described as British-Rocker-Chic: elegantly biting. Thanks to a thin physique, unchanged over the time, the singer has always preferred skinny clothes, whether jeans (like the ones by Dondup and 55 DSL) or leather pants, T-shirt, clean and the round neck, or nylon sweatshirts, cardigans and pull over with a very fine mesh (like those by C.P. Company, Just Cavalli and Giorgio Armani). On top he alternates leather jackets (like the Bikkembergs ones) to tuxedos, often in velvet, and blazers.

Note that on his dress-code, never appeared studs or chains of any kind. Indeed! Opposite the image of the "pure rocker," Jagger often opted for a total white's purism (in a three piece consisting of T-shirts, pants or jeans and a sweater as the ones by Intimissimi, Ermenegildo Zegna, Etro and Pepe Jeans) and is often granted patterned clothes, better stripes, appeared on cardigans and long-sleeved shirts (found in today's Love Moschino, Giorgio Armani and Trussardi 1911 collections). As a hippie to a 70s dandy, Jagger has never disdained the pastel shades, such as those proposed today by Gucci, Xacus and Blauer. For him, in fact, the color is always an option: a black, white, navy and burgundy were often mixed with yellow, red and purple. On and off the stage: after leaving overalls and leggings used in concerts, the Rolling Stone singer has often chosen more sober look (jeans, shirt, and leather jacket), but did not disdain even the sporty style, consisting of colored T-shirt, sweatshirts with or without cap and blacks jeans, clothes (like the ones in Freddy, Jeremy Scott for Adidas and Closed collections).

Jagger was always style aware, also with accessories: "yesterday" lace bicolor leather loafers (such as the ones by Jeckerson) or classic English footwear (that you can find in the collection by Fratelli Rossetti or Salvatore Ferragamo); "today" he easily wear sneakers, like the ones by Louis Vuitton, Le Coq Sportif, Reebok and Zegna Sport, and Diadora. He also love to wear a hat by Borsalino (but also the Stetson style), leather belts (usually by Dior Homme), round watches and glasses with dark lenses (such as those signed Prada).

Suited and swaggering, arriving at a press conference in April 1982.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-30 14:28 by proudmary.

Date: August 30, 2011 14:32

Mick looks great, but I liked Brians shirts in the 6-tees...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: August 30, 2011 14:32

Sleepy City
Even when Brian was a mess he was better dressed than everyone else.

Yup. And without Anitas input, dont even know why include her since she didnt dress him up. She dressed Keith up and really transformed Keith into Brian.
I guess B&A had that Branita thing when they also used eachothers clothes.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 30, 2011 14:47

Sleepy City

Another reason to hate the 80's

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home