Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How do you import photos?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 29, 2011 08:12

Which of these buttons above lets you import a photo from your own collection? I've tried and tried to figure it out but no go. Is there some other way? I certainly don't seem to be able to just cut and paste my own photos in.

Re: How do you import photos?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 29, 2011 08:22

You have to post(upload) your picture on the web somewhere
and then use the command code to "pull the picture in" from the web...
use the code [ i m g ] www . whereyourphotois . com [ / i m g ] without the spaces
to have your picture display on the board here.

I use [tinypic.com] to upload my picture for free,
no muss, no fuss, no sign up BS. Use the website to browse
your computer for your picture... then you hit upload. It will
then display link for you to use. I use the bottom link,
copy and paste it into another open window to make sure it
works... then use [ i m g ] www . whereyourphotois . com [ / i m g ]
BUT DO NOT PUT THE EXTRA SPACES IN... I have to use the spaces
or it thinks I am trying to posting a picture....

It talks about it here on the help page... [www.iorr.org]

It is easy, you will see after you do it a couple of times...

If you want to "borrow" a picture from a web site,
right click it to find the www . whereyourphotois . com
and then copy/pate it in between the [ i m g ] ....[ / i m g ] .

Hope it works.... if not ask questions....

I will add that I quite often use my digital camera to simply take pictures of my real world pictures to "digitize them".... If you have the right lighting and a lil tripod (to hold it still) the results can look really good... and once you digitize your stuff, you can put it in your computer and then upload it to the net.... just be careful, and be full aware that once you "put it out there"... it is out for for ever, just ask... someone famous... or almost famous.

================================================================
================================================================

I wrote this on another on another thread, some added ideas.
The more explainations, the better.... so for future reference...

There are 3 steps to post a pic on IORR.

1) somehow digitize the image (take a picture with a digital camera, use a(someone's) scanner, use one of those thumb drives (or a SD memory card) which can plug into the usb port (or somewhere) and then (I have heard about people going) to a kinko and paying to have it scan it, or go to an office store staples/officemax etc, and "try out" (for free) one of their scaners, temporarily store the scan on the thumb drive or SD card or whatever works)(put the picture into your computer)

2) upload to the internet from your computer to somewhere on the internet (free and simple) there are many free websites this is one I like to use [tinypic.com]

3) use the [ i m g ] where picture is on the internet [ / i m g ] code to post it here..... use the "Quote This Message", on a post with an image to see what it looks like.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-01 06:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 29, 2011 17:08

Thanks. It seems so complicated, but I'll give it a try.

Date: August 29, 2011 18:52

24FPS
Thanks. It seems so complicated, but I'll give it a try.

Not really, it is just a too wordy explaination....
....... It is really very easy, you will see after you do it a couple of times...

Maybe try posting a picture from another website first.

I am guessing bv (IORR) does not "host" pictures because
images can take up waaaaaaaaaay more space than text/words do.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 29, 2011 21:55

Try this................

1. Go to the home page of this site. IORR. See the picture of the band ? O.K.
2. Right click on any part of the picture. A menu will open up with the word 'Properties' at the bottom.
3. Left click on 'Properties'. A box will open up in the top left of your screen. In that box will be a section that says..Address..& URL...

http:/www.iorr.org/jpg/20061107_rs.jpg

4.Copy that address. The http bit, but not the word 'address' nor the letters URL.
5.With the address copied and ready to paste come to the box that you write your messages when you are intending on posting something.
6. Type [ IMG] BUT don't leave the gap between [ and IMG that I have left...if you do it won't work.....then paste the address that you've previously copied..don't leave any gap between the second bracket and the h of the address....then after you have pasted the address type.. [/IMG] ...again don't leave any gap between the last letter of the address (g) and the first bracket of [/IMG]
7. Preview what you've done ....you should have the picture of the Stones off the IORR homepage ready to post. You can as Max said get anther picture off any website (unless it's copyrighted and then you'll get told at the time you try and copy the address) and follow the same procedure.

If you want to post one of your own pictures you'll have to open a free account with someone like photobucket ...[photobucket.com] ...or the one Max suggested. Once you've uploaded your pictures to there just follow the previous procedure again as though you're uploading the IORR Stones picture. Hope that helps.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 29, 2011 22:02

Max'sKansasCity
You have to post(upload) your picture on the web somewhere
and then use the command code to "pull the picture in" from the web...
use the code [ i m g ] www . whereyourphotois . com [ / i m g ] without the spaces
to have your picture display on the board here.

I use [tinypic.com] to upload my picture for free,
no muss, no fuss, no sign up BS. Use the website to browse
your computer for your picture... then you hit upload. It will
then display link for you to use. I use the bottom link,
copy and paste it into another open window to make sure it
works... then use [ i m g ] www . whereyourphotois . com [ / i m g ]
BUT DO NOT PUT THE EXTRA SPACES IN... I have to use the spaces
or it thinks I am trying to posting a picture....

It talks about it here on the help page... [www.iorr.org]

It is easy, you will see after you do it a couple of times...

If you want to "borrow" a picture from a web site,
right click it to find the www . whereyourphotois . com
and then copy/pate it in between the [ i m g ] ....[ / i m g ] .

Hope it works.... if not ask questions....
I may be logging off the night soon but
someone can help, or I might be back tomorrow.

Very Very helpful and well written Max! Thanks for this. Not sure if by uploading to these web sites that they now "own" the creative rights to the pictures or not. This is one of the reasons i BAILED on FACEBOOK. Those jerks try to own EVERYTHING you post to their site. A real problem in the long run. Crooks in disguise. Beware. peace.

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: August 30, 2011 02:04

Cleaning out the garage, I found these

Taken Vancouver, BC, Canada in November 1989

I followed instructions above, many thanks, hope you all like them

PS: Now if only I can find my San Francisco 1981 shots !!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 30, 2011 02:11

I found this last Saturday cleaning up the attic..............

Date: August 30, 2011 02:24

Naturalust
Very Very helpful and well written Max! Thanks for this. Not sure if by uploading to these web sites that they now "own" the creative rights to the pictures or not. This is one of the reasons i BAILED on FACEBOOK. Those jerks try to own EVERYTHING you post to their site. A real problem in the long run. Crooks in disguise. Beware. peace.

Face Book claims that THEY own rights to anything anyone uploads? Really? Holy cow. I never joined FB, I did not/do not understand the attraction of that site, and the more I hear about it, the more it seems I am correct. I can not make it through the movie scial network, but from the parts I have seen, the folks running FB do not seem like good folks... and then I hear things like "it is hard to delete your profile" ... and now they claim to own rights to things anyone uploads upload... yikes.

I dont know the legal ramifications of uploading my pictures to any website... and becasue iof that I am careful about what I do upload, but heck I amy be dead soon, so I might as well shre it with the world, and I understand that once anything is out on the web it is out of our hands.... but I doubt they can make lots of money on our stuff, without giving us something...then again I dont know.

I like tinypic . com because it is free and it is no muss, no fuss and it rarely says something like (posts a notice where the pic shopuld be) e.g. "band width excedded-picture not available" which I see on imgur quite often.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-30 02:56 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 30, 2011 02:47

peter wilson

Nice shots... and that is why I am happy to write instructions... the more pictures the better smiling smiley

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: August 30, 2011 02:53

Great pictures. Love seeing pics from '89. That's when I fell in love with the Stones :-)

Date: August 30, 2011 03:43

Also found in the cleanup of the garage - an unused 1975 ticket (somewhat, but only slightly, a little worn and ragged)

My brother didn't want to go, and I had to take a day off work (such a chore that was!)

Bobby Womack was a great support act

The conga line during Billy Preston's "Outta Space" lead by Mick was fantastic

A lovely night out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-31 04:59 by peter wilson.

Date: August 30, 2011 05:02

NICOS

WOW!!! COOL!!!

peter wilson
Also found in the cleanup of the garage - an unused 1975 ticket (somewhat, but only slightly, a little worn and ragged)

My brother didn't want to go, and I had to take a day off work (such a chore that was!)

The conga line during Billy Preston's "Space Race" lead by Mick was fantastic

A lovely night out

WOW!!!! COOL!!!

Allright everyone else, get out htere and do some cleaning... these are gems.
I have never seen an actual thing say "Farewell Concert" regarding the Stones

Date: August 30, 2011 05:07

NICOS

WOW!!! COOL!!!

peter wilson

A lovely night out

WOW!!!! COOL!!!

Allright everyone else, get out there and do some cleaning... find those gems.

btw-
I have never seen an actual thing say "FAREWELL CONCERT"
regarding The Stones, I ahve heard people say that they
heard the Stones did a farewell tour, but I have never
seen anything that said it... so that is interesting.... anybody know about this?

PS
Peter, (from one brother to another)
Feel free to call your brother and tell him "some guy"
on a Stones message board heard this story of him NOT
going to a Stones show.... and the guy(me) said.......
HA HA!!! winking smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-30 05:16 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 30, 2011 06:23

Good one Max's!! I had to drag my brother to one of the earlier gigs in Toronto, same tour. I remember during "Rip This Joint" in Toronto Jagger yelling "more light!! more light !!" as the white house lights came up and then they blew the roof off the arena. I believe that the reason for the "farewell" is only because it was their last gig of the tour re: Buffalo. They never played the planned So. American dates

There is a great photo of Jagger (Page 141) standing in the wasteland of Rich Stadium after the Buffalo show in "The Rolling Stones on Tour" book by Leibovitz/Sykes Southern (my book has since fallen apart at the seams)

We should rename this thread for more attic/garage findings

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 30, 2011 12:31

EddieByword
Type [ IMG] BUT don't leave the gap between [ and IMG that I have left...if you do it won't work.....then paste the address that you've previously copied..don't leave any gap between the second bracket and the h of the address....then after you have pasted the address type.. [/IMG] ...again don't leave any gap between the last letter of the address (g) and the first bracket of [/IMG]

Or ... click the button above the text box.
Paste the URL in the box that appears.
Click OK and you're done.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 30, 2011 12:57

Rolling Hansie
EddieByword
Type [ IMG] BUT don't leave the gap between [ and IMG that I have left...if you do it won't work.....then paste the address that you've previously copied..don't leave any gap between the second bracket and the h of the address....then after you have pasted the address type.. [/IMG] ...again don't leave any gap between the last letter of the address (g) and the first bracket of [/IMG]

Ahh, Right, I didn't know that, thanks Hansie.....thumbs up

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 30, 2011 13:52

NICOS

That is awesome. I wonder what other treasures you have up there?

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Date: August 31, 2011 00:05

NICOS

and his band krackers lol...this is classic stuff NICOS. Thanks.

Date: August 31, 2011 00:10

Max'sKansasCity

but heck I amy be dead soon, so I might as well shre it with the world,

then again I dont know.

lmfao - Well MKC I'm hoping you make it to a ripe old age and that your last day is your best one. Get a little young before you get old. peace.

Date: August 31, 2011 00:14

peter wilson

A lovely night out

Hold On....Doesn't that ticket say FAREWELL concert? wtf? Farewell to the summer?, farewell to the stones? or farewell to the mayhem building in the wake of a stones concert? This was about when Mick Taylor split and the stones kinda ended for many purists and musician fans but what was the farewell about here?

Date: August 31, 2011 00:15

Rolling Hansie
EddieByword

.......Edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-31 01:07 by EddieByword.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 31, 2011 00:29

peter wilson

I went to both shows...very cool, thank you!

Date: August 31, 2011 01:56

Naturalust
peter wilson

A lovely night out

Hold On....Doesn't that ticket say FAREWELL concert? wtf? Farewell to the summer?, farewell to the stones? or farewell to the mayhem building in the wake of a stones concert? This was about when Mick Taylor split and the stones kinda ended for many purists and musician fans but what was the farewell about here?

I asked the same thing up above, and Peter responded above.. ""I believe that the reason for the "farewell" is only because it was their last gig of the tour re: Buffalo. They never played the planned So. American dates""

Well MKC I'm hoping you make it to a ripe old age and that your last day is your best one. Get a little young before you get old. peace. Right back at ya Naturalust, Right back at ya....

....but as my ole (now dead) friend Simon used to say DRINK TODAY, FOR TOMORROW WE MAY DIE!!!... BLOODY AY!!... and he always said in all caps... so do I... BLOODY AY!!! Cheers Simon, where ever you are....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-31 02:00 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 31, 2011 05:50

Max'sKansasCity
Naturalust
peter wilson

A lovely night out

I asked the same thing up above, and Peter responded above.. ""I believe that the reason for the "farewell" is only because it was their last gig of the tour re: Buffalo. They never played the planned So. American dates""

Well MKC I'm hoping you make it to a ripe old age and that your last day is your best one. Get a little young before you get old. peace. Right back at ya Naturalust, Right back at ya....

....but as my ole (now dead) friend Simon used to say DRINK TODAY, FOR TOMORROW WE MAY DIE!!!... BLOODY AY!!... and he always said in all caps... so do I... BLOODY AY!!! Cheers Simon, where ever you are....

Indeed. Cheers Simon. duh...yeah i read the thread after i had posted, learned to read the whole thread before asking questions already answered. Old dog, new trick. Buffalo....got a friend who has a band up there, Park Ave Band, guess they are doing well, festivals and such. peace.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home