Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The longer The Stones don't perform the better for them
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 29, 2011 06:33

The longer The Stones don't perform the more they'll going to benefit from it nostalgia wise.."absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Re: The longer The Stones don't perform the better for them
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 29, 2011 06:42

colonial
"absence mades the heart grow fonder"

"out of sight .... out of mind"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-29 06:43 by tatters.

Posted by: bigtyke66 ()
Date: August 29, 2011 06:54

"Use it, or lose it"

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 29, 2011 06:58

"There's no fool like an old fool"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 29, 2011 07:23

"Big Trouble in Little China"

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: August 29, 2011 17:01

it depends on the way they will tour. it they will go on with the "greatest r'n'r' band in the world " and big shows maybe you are right.
if they play without carrying their legend on their shoulders, more dylan- style, like if they had nothing to prove anymore, i believe they could go on forever. they should play what they really like without stress.
i am almost sure this won't happen, but i tried to give a less pessimistic vision to your thread

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 29, 2011 17:17

Things seem to be lining up like they always do. The individual members do their own things and keep peeking in and out of public view. Keith's book, Ronnie and Charlie's gigs, Mick's music project, will all wrap up and then they will disappear for a spell until they reappear at some new location in some new form of transportation to announce next summer's tour. I think they've done this before.

Flatbed truck.
Classic 1950s car. (forget what it was)
Boat.
Zeppelin. (blimp, whatever)

Am I forgetting any? Guess they have to arrive by submarine with a red painted tongue next time.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 29, 2011 17:21

24FPS
Am I forgetting any?

I think they arrived on the caboose of a train once, but I forget which tour.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 29, 2011 17:34

colonial
The longer The Stones don't perform the more they'll going to benefit from it nostalgia wise.."absence makes the heart grow fonder"

sorry in advance...

A businessman was in Japan to make a presentation to the Toyota motor people. Needless to say, this was an especially important deal and it was imperative that he make the best possible impression. On the morning of the presentation he awoke to find himself uncontrollably passing gas in large volumes. Additionally, the flatulence had the unpleasant characteristic of sounding like "HONDA." The man was besides himself. Every few minutes "HONDA", "HONDA".... What would the Toyota people think?

Unable to stop this aberrant behavior, and in desperate need to terminate these odious and rather embarrassing emissions, he sought a physician's aid. After a full examination, the doctor told him that there was nothing inherently wrong with him and that he would just have to wait it out. Being unwilling to accept this state of affairs he visited a second and then a third doctor all of whom told him the same thing. Finally one medic suggested that he visit a dentist. Well, although he could not see how a dentist was going to be of any help, he visited one anyway.

Lo and behold, the dentist said, "Ah, there's the problem."

"What is it?" the man asked.

"Why you have an abscess," said the dentist.

"An abscess. How could that be causing my problem?" asked the man.

"That's easy," replied the dentist. "Everyone knows, abscess makes the fart go Honda."

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 29, 2011 23:46

Train= Steel Wheels

Date: August 30, 2011 01:00

Natlanta
colonial

sorry in advance...

A businessman was in Japan to make a presentation to the Toyota motor people. Needless to say, this was an especially important deal and it was imperative that he make the best possible impression. On the morning of the presentation he awoke to find himself uncontrollably passing gas in large volumes. Additionally, the flatulence had the unpleasant characteristic of sounding like "HONDA." The man was besides himself. Every few minutes "HONDA", "HONDA".... What would the Toyota people think?

Unable to stop this aberrant behavior, and in desperate need to terminate these odious and rather embarrassing emissions, he sought a physician's aid. After a full examination, the doctor told him that there was nothing inherently wrong with him and that he would just have to wait it out. Being unwilling to accept this state of affairs he visited a second and then a third doctor all of whom told him the same thing. Finally one medic suggested that he visit a dentist. Well, although he could not see how a dentist was going to be of any help, he visited one anyway.

Lo and behold, the dentist said, "Ah, there's the problem."

"What is it?" the man asked.

"Why you have an abscess," said the dentist.

"An abscess. How could that be causing my problem?" asked the man.

"That's easy," replied the dentist. "Everyone knows, abscess makes the fart go Honda."

LOLsmileys with beer .....reminds me of the time it was raining Datsun cogs.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 30, 2011 02:06

So, on that basis, if they never ever perform ever again, that would be best case scenario for you.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 30, 2011 04:04

treaclefingers
So, on that basis, if they never ever perform ever again, that would be best case scenario for you.

treaclefingers..If The Stones performed next year or in 2 or 3 years or when ever..theres no way The Stones can lose either way they'll be going out on top

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: August 30, 2011 04:23

colonial

Yeah, fine for them, but not so good for us! I know, it's rough justice on us, cause they will never break our hearts, right, colonial? Just wish I had more patience, mate!smiling smiley

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 30, 2011 05:28

Better to never play live again than to be as awful as they were four years ago or on Shine a Light.

Date: August 30, 2011 05:31

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-30 05:34 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: August 30, 2011 06:22

colonial
treaclefingers

treaclefingers..If The Stones performed next year or in 2 or 3 years or when ever..theres no way The Stones can lose either way they'll be going out on top

eye rolling smiley And which "top" would that be Colonial? The age bracket?

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: August 30, 2011 11:16

ab
Better to never play live again than to be as awful as they were four years ago or on Shine a Light.

Which group did you see then 4 years ago? because i saw the stones twice and both times they where brilliant!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 30, 2011 11:25

Not when you're pushing 70 and beyond...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 30, 2011 11:36

24FPS
Things seem to be lining up like they always do. The individual members do their own things and keep peeking in and out of public view. Keith's book, Ronnie and Charlie's gigs, Mick's music project, will all wrap up and then they will disappear for a spell until they reappear at some new location in some new form of transportation to announce next summer's tour. I think they've done this before.

Flatbed truck.
Classic 1950s car. (forget what it was)
Boat.
Zeppelin. (blimp, whatever)

Am I forgetting any? Guess they have to arrive by submarine with a red painted tongue next time.

Look at it this way, when they do finally tour they'll break new ground as they'll all probably be playing with the aid of zimmerframes.

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: August 30, 2011 16:47

STEEEL WHEELS

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: August 30, 2011 17:34

The 'Zimmer Tour' has a certain ring to it.. don't you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-30 17:35 by rumple21.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 30, 2011 18:16

colonial

Also, absence makes the heart/hard go wander.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: August 30, 2011 19:18

ab

Oh my word, somebody please get me on Flight 505!smoking smiley

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: August 30, 2011 20:12

thewatchman
ab

Oh my word, somebody please get me on Flight 505!smoking smiley

Flight 1353 works for me.smoking smiley

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: August 30, 2011 22:37

I don't think taking time off, especially given their collective ages, would be a good thing to do. Play while you still can for tomorrow may never come.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 31, 2011 00:22

colonial
treaclefingers

As Joss Stone might say..."what the @#$%& is going on?"

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: August 31, 2011 01:50

They've played many more gigs than any of them ever thought they would. If they never do again it's fine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1151
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home