Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Are Most Fans Of The Stones Fans Of The Beatles?
Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: August 28, 2011 20:18

I love them both equally. Somebody around here recently said, "the Stones are Saturday night, the Beatles, Sunday morning"! My exact same sentiments.

Re: Are Most Fans Of The Stones Fans Of The Beatles?
Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: August 28, 2011 20:21

I can't speak for others, but I'm definitely not a fan.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: August 28, 2011 20:22

Stones are #1 for me. Like The Beatles but not a fan.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: August 28, 2011 20:23

I love The Beatles a bit more than I love the Stones.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 28, 2011 20:24

Put me down for both. Though I love The Stones more in my adult years.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: August 28, 2011 20:25

I like the Beatles, the style, the culture, the time, the place. It's just that whenever I think I would like to listen to a Beatles CD, about half way through the CD or record, I start to drown in gooey syrup; listening to the Beatles is unendurable. Yet I'm very fond of them.

Date: August 28, 2011 20:43

frankotero
Put me down for both. Though I love The Stones more in my adult years.

It's really a mood thing for me as to whom I choose to listen to at any given time. Overall, the Beatles are a little more somber, reflective, so they tend to be a better fit for Sunday mornings. I always thought Johnny Cash and his music fit Sunday morning perfectly, especially Sunday Morning Coming Down of course. When I write I always listen to the Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, and The Doors and sometimes the Stones TMSR.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 28, 2011 20:45

I like The Beatles, but there's at least half a dozen other 60s bands that I prefer, with The Rolling Stones & The Hollies (equally) at the top of the list. I also prefer many 50s rockers & 60s soul acts to The Beatles.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 28, 2011 20:54

The amount of time I've spent listening to the Rolling Stones, reading about them, learning/playing their songs, partying to their music, far exceeds the same activity for the Beatles

they are both great but the groove from the Stones just appeals to me so much more.

Date: August 28, 2011 20:58

Carnaby
I like the Beatles, the style, the culture, the time, the place. It's just that whenever I think I would like to listen to a Beatles CD, about half way through the CD or record, I start to drown in gooey syrup; listening to the Beatles is unendurable. Yet I'm very fond of them.

I hear exactly what you are saying here. This has happened to me on more than one occasion and that's why I usually only listen to them on Sunday morning anymore. We have a radio show up here in Seattle called 'Breakfast With The Beatles' that airs every Sunday morning from 8:00 to 10:00 AM. that I never miss. As far as the Stones go I rarely listen to their CD's, but can't get enough of their live performances on DVD.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 28, 2011 20:59

The Beatles are my second-favourite group.

My favourite=EVERYONE ELSE.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 28, 2011 21:21

I don´t like the Beatles.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 28, 2011 21:23

Can't stand Beatles

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 28, 2011 21:56

Yes. Although Beatle-bashing has become quite popular sport of late, any idea that these bands are somehow opposites, or that The Beatles are somehow less "authentic" thank the Stones is asinine. At least The Beatles had the good sense not to allow their body of work to be tainted by years of decay.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: August 28, 2011 22:00

I like them both equally.

Date: August 28, 2011 22:09

71Tele
Yes. Although Beatle-bashing has become quite popular sport of late, any idea that these bands are somehow opposites, or that The Beatles are somehow less "authentic" thank the Stones is asinine. At least The Beatles had the good sense not to allow their body of work to be tainted by years of decay.

Tainted by years of decay?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 28, 2011 22:12

Music is music. If it's good I'll listen to it. If it's not I won't. I won't just automaticly not listen to something just because I'm supposed to be a Stones fan only. Beatles music is great. Love listening to them.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 28, 2011 22:12

If the Beatles never made Abbey Road then I would have zero use for them. Too sticky sweet. In a lot of ways not even rock n roll. The Stones kicked there musical butts.

But damn Abbey Road is a fun listen.

Date: August 28, 2011 22:18

Munichhilton
If the Beatles never made Abbey Road then I would have zero use for them. Too sticky sweet. In a lot of ways not even rock n roll. The Stones kicked there musical butts.

But damn Abbey Road is a fun listen.

I think Sgt. Peppers is the greatest album ever, it and Rubber Soul are my two favorite Beatle albums. Norwegian Wood is my favorite all time Beatles tune.

Date: August 28, 2011 22:20

mtaylor
Can't stand Beatles

Why?

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: August 28, 2011 22:57

Beatles was the first real boyband. The missing quality of boybands we all know!

Date: August 28, 2011 22:59

hedegaard
Beatles was the first real boyband. The missing quality of boybands we all know!

Surely these were?

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: August 28, 2011 23:05

Loved the Beatles from 1967 and was devestated when they split, stones never really took of with me until the Beatles split, Then I bought Let it Bleed and from then on Stones have been number 1

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: August 28, 2011 23:06

Sleepy City
hedegaard

Surely these were?

No - I would,nt actually not call them a boyband. Their music was,nt only made for very young girls - and their performances was,nt "how are we very nice".

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: August 28, 2011 23:29

Stones are beyond a doubt number 1 for me but the Beatles are cool. I like most there stuff. Lennon is an all time great!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 29, 2011 00:11

Beatles are f&%¤in great, but they ain't coming near our boys when it comes to cookin' it up for saturday nite.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 29, 2011 00:33

mtaylor
Can't stand Beatles

If you can't stand them, why do you react grinning smiley

I love The Beatles second

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: August 29, 2011 00:37

Love the Beatles...love the Stones... and they were fans of each other and friends..

But I disagree totally on the Stones Sat night / Beatles Sunday Morning thing...

Beatles Sat night: Yer Blues, Back in the USSR, Guitar Gently Weeps, Me & My Monkey, Sanoy Truffle, I want You ( Shes so Heavy ), You Cant Do That, I'm Down, Long Tall Sally, She Said She Said, Get Back, Dont Let Me Down, Its All Too Much, Why Dont We Do It In The Road, Helter Skelter,Revolution, I Wanna Be Your Man, Everybody's Tryin To Be My Baby, Mr Moonlight, Kansas City

Stones Sunday Morning: Back Street Girl, Angie, Winter, Moonlight Mile, Sleep Tonight, All About You, Time Waits For No One, As Tears Go By, The Worst, Losing My Touch, Fool To Cry, Memory Motel, Sweet Black Angel, Wating on a Friend

See, it works both ways. Two great bands for each and every Saturday / Sunday
Something for every taste

Date: August 29, 2011 00:43

NICOS
mtaylor
Can't stand Beatles

Because the title of this thread asked the question? eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-29 00:43 by Sleepy City.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 29, 2011 00:57

Sleepy City
NICOS
mtaylor
Can't stand Beatles

Because the title of this thread asked the question? eye rolling smiley

Yeah but the question wasn't if you can't stand them but "Are Most Fans Of The Stones Fans Of The Beatles?" so the the answer is yes or no smiling bouncing smiley

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2028
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home