Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: John Mayall
Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: July 9, 2016 09:06

Is it worth seeing him live?

Re: OT: John Mayall
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 9, 2016 09:23

I would say yes, if you haven't seen him. He has a good band and the concerts are good, except that I am not really a fan of his voice. I somehow can not connect it with blues at all. But I have seen him twice - the first time was when he opened for BB King some 5 years ago or so and then I saw him again two years ago. I am glad I saw him, but he is comming the next year again and 37E for a ticket + 12E for a train are kind of too much. Anyway, if you go, bring an LP, CD or whatever, he is in the lobby both before and after the gig, selling CDs (he himself!) and signing stuff.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-10 08:39 by Happy24.

Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: July 9, 2016 12:27

yes!
I saw him in Sweden september last year and he was great!

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: July 9, 2016 20:46

Yes. Of course. Haven't you seen his dvd with Taylor and Clapton ? Very good really. His guitar player Buddy W from those years was also a genious. I suppose his new guitar player is as great as usual ! Don't miss him !

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: July 9, 2016 22:48

It was a good show back in the early eighties when he reunited with Mick Taylor, et al....Not sure how he's been recently...

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: July 10, 2016 01:21

It was the 2003 july 19

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: July 10, 2016 01:27

Always a good bet !

Posted by: andrewironside ()
Date: July 10, 2016 07:41

go and sere him he is a true legend and a real treasure to music and try and meet him he is very funny man. I meet him when he came to NZ in 2010 and got LPs DVD tapes singed and a real nice photo of the 2 of us after the show

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 10, 2016 12:38

I saw Mayall and his band in Bologna, last October.
The concert was very bad. Very bad sound, poor setlist and normal musicians. Athas is just a good guitarist but nothing more. The drummer has not got any groove.
Tom Canning was a very important element for this band.
Also his last album is not good: I like only two or three songs.
I think that the best Mayall during the '00 was at his 70th birthday concert with Mick Taylor, Eric Clapton and Buddy Whittington, Hank Van Sickle and Joe Yuele.

A very funny man? For me Mr. Mayall is a true legend but at the same time a person tied to the money. If you do not buy a few albums to his stall he will not make you any autographs. I don't think that this modus operandi is good for an artist like Mayall is.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: July 10, 2016 12:41

He was in great form in London last year

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1570
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home