Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I remember where I was (moments)..about The Stones
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 27, 2011 20:22

Like most important world events most people can remember them quite clearly and could probably tell ya' exactly what they were doing and where they were at the time when they heard them.So is there anything in particular ya' remember of the day when ya' first heard anything on The Stones that was big news at the time?

The last big thing on The Stones I remember was buying a Sunday morning newspaper (Hot off the Press) and seeing the front page all on Keith's accident in Fiji

Re: I remember where I was (moments)..about The Stones
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 27, 2011 20:46

Not so much news but I do remember where I was when I first heard Tumbling Dice . It was at the corner of Plantation and Belmont Sts in Worcester , MA . I go through this particular intersection quite often and always think of TD .

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 27, 2011 21:12

I remember where I was the first time I heard the Stones.........In the right hand downstairs room (as you look at it) of the second house from the left..........Angie on Top of the Pops in August 1973.......The house is an Army married quarters rental in a camp near Crickhowell in Wales........... [maps.google.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-27 23:05 by EddieByword.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: August 28, 2011 01:57

I remember watching the news in 89 - when they showed the stones announcing the Steel Wheels tour, and they played a small part of Mixed Emotions.I can still recall saying out loud" You Bloody Beauty"!!!

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: August 28, 2011 03:01

I was sitting on the front porch of my fiancies house on a Saturday morning late December 63 when I first heard "I Wanna be Your Man". I said who is that, she said, oh, thats the Rolling Stones, do you like them. Nothing else mattered. I lived in a backwater at the time and was visiting her in the city.I have loved the bass guitar ever since.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: August 28, 2011 04:22

Hearing they would finally tour again on 1989. That press conference that was carried live on MTV.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 28, 2011 05:05

I remember waking up to the headline news on TV of both of the last two world tours been announced by Mick at their press conferences

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 28, 2011 05:45

I was in the courtyard of a large apartment complex in the states in 1969 when I heard over a radio in someone's window that Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones had died. It was July 4th weekend here. The radio station played 'Satisfaction' and I wasn't sure exactly what Brian Jones' contribution to the song was. I did remember his blonde bouffant and surfer cross (iron cross) he wore in a picture once. It would be another 3 years before I began to understand who he was and what he'd done.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 28, 2011 06:06

I actually remember exactly what I was doing on July 3, 1969, but only because it was my 10th birthday and I got to spend it at the Baseball Hall Of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. I probably had a copy of High Tide And Green Grass in my small record collection, but the name Brian Jones would have meant nothing to me then. I remember where I was when Elvis died, but that was eight years later.

Posted by: Turdontherun ()
Date: August 28, 2011 13:38

I was idle in the oven waiting eagerly for birth when the singles from Undercover hit the shelves, if that counts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-28 13:40 by Turdontherun.

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: August 28, 2011 23:17

(not the first time I heard about the stones but.)
I remember a holyday in south-France ,a very hot day, in a small and very sleepy city . We where walking down a small street, when suddenly someone were opening he,s/her,s windows and played "Somes Girls" VERY loud, and I "realized" that the new albaum was released in France. We sat down at the street and listening to allmost the whole record.
Great morning!

Bo smileys with beer

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 29, 2011 00:15

I learned drinking when I got interested in the Stones so I remember me nothing............grinning smiley

Some High Lights..............
'67 got an accident and had to stay home for a couple of weeks, so a lot of time to go trough all the records from my brothers and sisters and there they where The Rolling Stones......addicted since then.
'68 when I heard Beggars Banquet
'69 wake up one morning and heard that Brian Jones was...............
'70 The Rolling Stones will be in Amsterdam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, pity I missed this one
'70 When I heard Let It Bleed
'70 When I heard GYYYO
'71 The release of Sticky Fingers..when I heard this one on the radio I was completely overwhelmed, they played the complete record on the radio and not one bad song
'73 The Rolling Stones in Rotterdam........Yeahhhh didn't missed that one
'76 The rolling Stones in my home town.........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1313
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home