Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ray Charles
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 25, 2011 03:00

This from Reeling In The Years Productions: "We're on a roll, folks! Coming October 24, 2011 from RITY and Eagle Rock. Over an hour and half of Ray Charles with the legendary small group and the original Raeletts! Breathtaking stuff. Ray's biographer David Ritz says "What a discovery! Seeing Ray at his prime in 1961, live with his brilliant small band, is a gift from the gods. I can't stop loving it."

It's currently available on amazon in the UK

Re: Ray Charles
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 25, 2011 03:28

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 25, 2011 05:42

Edith Grove
[www.youtube.com]

Cool.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 25, 2011 12:07

Ray Charles was and is one of the most essential pleasures and influences of my life.

I remember back in the day discussing Ray with Randy Newman and how we positively swooned talking over our then favorite album "The Genius of Soul." My God, how brilliant it was and is.

Reading the above posts made me want to rush to YouTube and listen to "Born to Lose" and one of the great YouTube offerings of all time -- Ray and Barbra Streisand singing "Crying Time." If you haven't see this, you will flip (as we used to say) when you view it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-25 17:52 by stonesrule.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: August 25, 2011 15:50

Anyone on this list that has not explored this "Genius" catalog yet, should do so immediately. The "Ray" movie from a few years back is also worth checking out - Jamie Foxx was awesome in it - and both soundtracks are great.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: August 25, 2011 17:06

Ray Charles' unique blend of Gospel,R&B, Soul and the Blues is unparalleled. I only wish I saw him in concert during his life. Love his music and can feel his soul oozing out of each note he sings. Ray Charles Robinson, voted number 2 on Rolling Stone all time vocalists, was a great gift to anyone who loves music. Jamie Foxx did a great job portraying him in "Ray". Love the man, his music, and his legacy. Ray Charles- my man!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1061
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home