Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Alice Goes Stones!
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 22, 2011 22:08

Really like this song, best I´ve heard in a long time, and Alice acknowledges the influence of the Stones:

NME.COM:

Alice Cooper admits Rolling Stones influence on new single 'I'll Bite Your Face Off'

First single from new album 'Welcome 2 My Nightmare' is a 'tip-of-the-hat' to Mick Jagger and co.Alice Cooper admits Rolling Stones influence on new single 'I'll Bite Your Face Off'

Alice Cooper has admitted that his new single 'I'll Bite Your Face Off' is a tribute to the early work of The Rolling Stones.

The singer revealed that the track – which is released on August 22 along with another new track, 'Caffeine', and is the first single to be taken from his new album 'Welcome 2 My Nightmare - was similar to Rolling Stones material from the mid 1960's, and insisted that he had no problem "showing people where I get my songs from".

He said:

This is my tip-of-the-hat to early Rolling Stones. Like in 1964/65 when their songs were very Chuck Berry orientated. They just feel so good, in the pocket. This song was begging to be in the live show. We've done it in four different continents now and no one had ever heard it. By the second chorus, the whole audience is singing 'I'll Bite Your Face Off'. It's the perfect little three minute hit single.

He added:
I don't mind showing people where I get my songs from. I can guarantee there were times when major acts took an Alice Cooper song and said 'we want it to sound like that. Because I've heard it and recognised it. I see it as a compliment.

[www.nme.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Re: Alice Goes Stones!
Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: August 22, 2011 22:13

i'm glad he finally admitted it after years and years of denial!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 22, 2011 22:15

I first thought it was a street fighting man cover

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 22, 2011 22:24

In his box set from several years ago, his early band covered Hitchhike and in the notes, he said they were trying to copy the Stones version and not Marvin Gaye's. Songs like Raped'n' Freezin and Be My Lover have a huge Stones influence in them.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 22, 2011 22:31

Date: August 22, 2011 22:49

More Stoneslike Alice:

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-22 22:50 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 22, 2011 23:02

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 22, 2011 23:05

I'll be seeing Alice this Friday (hey, it was only $10!)

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: August 23, 2011 00:20

Check out the music video here:

[www.noisecreep.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 23, 2011 00:58

God, he sucks.

Date: August 23, 2011 02:44

24FPS
God, he sucks.

god you must be high

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 23, 2011 02:49

buffalo7478

Please be sure to come back and tell us how Alice KICKS ASS!!!!

Alice has never let me down in any show I have seen him (7-10 times)
He ALWAYS has a strong band, great show and bunches of great songs.
$10.00 is the bargain of the year... Let us know how it went.

Date: August 23, 2011 03:23

keefriffhard4life
24FPS
God, he sucks.

god you must be high

not today. just someone who had to endure cooper when he was an opening act. though i like a couple songs, '18' comes to mind, i loathe his 'shtick'. definitely a minor leaguer.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 23, 2011 04:44

Max'sKansasCity
buffalo7478

It will be my first time seeing him. I thought of him as kind of a joke in the 70s...maybe more of an appeal to 13 yr olds than 'real' rock. But his music has grown on me in the last few years. He does a decent radio shows. And for $10, along with $2.50 beers...it should be a fun night.

Expect a review posted on Saturday.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: August 23, 2011 04:45

____________________________________________________________________________________
24PS quote:
not today. just someone who had to endure cooper when he was an opening act. though i like a couple songs, '18' comes to mind, i loathe his 'shtick'. definitely a minor leaguer.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Alice...AGAIN. I recall the terms "opening act" and "minor leaguer" from a thread, what, 3-4 months ago. Is the Monkees analogy next?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-23 12:07 by andrewm.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 23, 2011 07:23

The guitar riff on I'll Bite Your Face Off sounds like No fun by the Stooges.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 23, 2011 07:46

Great new tune from Alice. What a rocking vibe. Can't wait to see him again in October. And hope the whole new album is great.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: August 23, 2011 13:20

Stones material from the mid-1960s???
That is a strange comparison. Never have the Stones come close to creating such a mess of powerchords.
Never have the Stones written a song with so little melody in it. And least of all they did
so in the 1960s.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: August 23, 2011 13:52

Looking forward to getting hold of Welcome 2 my nightmare. gonna get the Classic Rock fanpack next month when it's released.

Got tickets to see him in Brum in October, real cherry on the cake is having the New York Dolls supporting, great double bill and tis gonna be a rocking night out.

\m/

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 23, 2011 18:47

buffalo7478
Max'sKansasCity
buffalo7478

It will be my first time seeing him. I thought of him as kind of a joke in the 70s...maybe more of an appeal to 13 yr olds than 'real' rock. But his music has grown on me in the last few years. He does a decent radio shows. And for $10, along with $2.50 beers...it should be a fun night.

I've always said he's like a rock concert, magic show, and stage play all wrapped up into one. You'll enjoy it.

Date: August 23, 2011 18:50

kovach
buffalo7478
Max'sKansasCity
buffalo7478

I've always said he's like a rock concert, magic show, and stage play all wrapped up into one. You'll enjoy it.

exactly... ""strong band, great show and bunches of great songs""

I have never not had a good time at an Alice show, and he is funny too, if you listen, he has a very sharp sense of humor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-23 18:51 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 23, 2011 18:53

I love this song! I've been trying to buy it all morning but it's only available on iTunes in the States and I shut off my account with them. Amazon US doesn't have it and Amazon UK won't sell it to me! ARRGH!

Date: August 23, 2011 19:31

I never understood the "regionalization" of DVDs, music, movies, discs etc etc.... if you want to give them your money today.... why wouldnt they want to take it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-23 19:33 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 23, 2011 19:52

R
I love this song! I've been trying to buy it all morning but it's only available on iTunes in the States and I shut off my account with them. Amazon US doesn't have it and Amazon UK won't sell it to me! ARRGH!

It´s available on a site, that has a ship as a logo...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: August 23, 2011 20:39

mickijaggeroo
R

Thanks. I'm guessing I should know the site but it doesn't ring a bell...

Date: August 23, 2011 20:53

R
mickijaggeroo
R

Thanks. I'm guessing I should know the site but it doesn't ring a bell...

Think of the titles of 2 movies that Keith has made appearances in...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: August 23, 2011 20:54

andrewm
24PS quote:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Alice...AGAIN. I recall the terms "opening act" and "minor leaguer" from a thread, what, 3-4 months ago. Is the Monkees analogy next?

As long as you enjoy him, that's all that matters. Seriously. There's no Monkees analogy here. Alice had a real band. With the Classic Rockers dwindling, I hope you get to enjoy him in concert. '18' is a classic song of teenage angst.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: August 23, 2011 22:11

You made the Monkees analogy last time-the original group were my generation's Monkees. Perhaps you don't remember but it stuck with me. I've said it before but it bears repeating: I don't get why people bother to post just to tell everyone how much they dislike an artist, as though they feel the need to school people with inferior taste to their own. Happens every time there's a Black Crowes thread or an Oasis thread. Guess that's just the nature of the internet.

Date: August 23, 2011 22:33

andrewm
You made the Monkees analogy last time-the original group were my generation's Monkees. Perhaps you don't remember but it stuck with me. I've said it before but it bears repeating: I don't get why people bother to post just to tell everyone how much they dislike an artist, as though they feel the need to school people with inferior taste to their own. Happens every time there's a Black Crowes thread or an Oasis thread. Guess that's just the nature of the internet.

Not really. It's simply the nature of popular music fandom. I was in middle school when Alice, as an example, was at the absolute peak of his stardom. Did every kid like him? Hell no. We argued about it all the time.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: August 23, 2011 22:53

Alice Cooper is the greatest golfer in rock & Roll

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 982
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home