Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Boston 1975
Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: June 2, 2016 20:04

Today I was listening to my copy of "Fanfare for the Common Man," an audience recording of the second Boston show from the 1975 TOTA.

I cannot figure out how this show managed to slip under the radar. Not only is it a magnificent audience recording (a tall order in the old Boston Garden), but the performance is absolutely stellar, second only to LA and easily on-par with the much better known Kansas City, Buffalo and Toronto shows from this tour (and, IMHO, superior to Welcome Back to New York), and features some killer versions of "Honky Tonk Women," "All Down The Line," "Ain't Too Proud To Beg," "YCAGWYW," "Happy," "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo," "MR," "Rip This Joint," and "Street Fighting Man."

The highlight, however, is "Luxury." As the song begins, Mick (quite humourously: without realizing it,) says into his mic, "I don't think it fits," only for him and the rest of the band to go on and give a version of the song that's so good and strong, you'll not only be thinking, "this should have been on Love You Live," but rather, "this is how the studio version SHOULD have been all along."

If anyone comes across a copy of this show and you don't have it, I would highly recommend it to you. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-02 20:07 by stevecardi.

Re: Boston 1975
Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 2, 2016 21:53

Can't you upload a soundfile of 'Luxury'?

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: June 3, 2016 00:03

How do I upload a soundfile?
FYI: I"ll upload the entire concert if you like.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-03 00:07 by stevecardi.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 3, 2016 04:04

Would love to hear it. I'm computer stupid so if it's not on YouTube I'm stuck lol

Posted by: ChrisG ()
Date: June 3, 2016 14:54

Yeah, the stones ran out of gas later on in the tour. Midnight Rambler is great too from the second boston show. June 27th from MSG is a good listen also.

Date: June 3, 2016 15:10

Press «upload» on YouTube smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-03 15:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 3, 2016 15:22

And if you haven't made a «movie» out of the show yet, you can create one in Windows Movie Maker (or with similar programs).

– Press «add videos or pictures» and use a random picture you have on your pc.
– Press «add music» and select your sound file
– Choose «save film» and save the movie file as a HD-file, for best sound
– When it is ready, you're good to go for uploading it to YouTube (see the post above)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-03 15:22 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 3, 2016 15:41

Imho the first Boston gig was the better one...
To me Boston was kind of "giving it all during the 1st night and limping thru the next-day show".
Compare "Star Star" : glorious on June 11. Played in slo-mo on June 12.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-03 15:42 by dcba.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 4, 2016 08:10

I was at this first show, June 11, and I just read my journal entry and review. I also kept the set list....and yes, they did Luxury, a real deep cut and a gem. (Well, it wasn't a deep cut in 1975 because " It's Only Rock N Roll" had just come out.) I was knocked out by Fingerprint File, Star Star, Wild Horses, Angie, Rambler and the part where the confetti -spewing dragon's head came off, and the force of the air knocked Billy Preston right off the stage & into the crowd! Mick helped him back on to the stage, and he gave Billy a big hug.
This was one of my all-time favorite Stones shows..of the 40 I've seen, it is in the top 6 for sure!! I describe the energy level as over the top and Mick moving like a " vamp". The show lasted 2 hours and 10 minutes, the phallic ballon was used and it was hugely popular with the crowd at Boston Garden.I commented that Mick played a nasty harmonica on Rambler and played piano on YCAGWYW. Times have changed! Now we have an entire choir on stage singing it!The encore was Street Fighting Man & Jumpin Jack Flash! I went on to see the August 8th show in Buffalo, another of my top Stones shows!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 4, 2016 11:11

They played Luxury on every show the first ca. two and half weeks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home