Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Is there anybody else out there who is totally unmoved by the whole Super Heavy thing?
Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: August 20, 2011 06:02

I think I would rather watch paint dry!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-20 06:03 by Baxter Thwaites.

Re: Is there anybody else out there who is totally unmoved by the whole Super Heavy thing?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 20, 2011 06:05

what Super Heavy thing? Are you making fun of fat people?

Re: Is there anybody else out there who is totally unmoved by the whole Super Heavy thing?
Date: August 20, 2011 06:08

I've seen (on tv) some sumo wrestler dudes get moved by other
super heavy sumo dudes... so somebody is moved by super heavy things

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-20 06:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 06:11

Yup I have coined the phrase, Pooper Heavy. Boring stuff. What is with Mick's fascination with Dave Stewart? I don't get it. Some of it has a kernel of an interesting idea, but then collapses from its on pretentiousness. Wandering Spirit is they way I like my Mick solo stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-20 06:13 by whitem8.

Date: August 20, 2011 06:13

Super Heavy

Date: August 20, 2011 06:38

Super Heavy is short hand for - you can't have any more Rolling Stones so make do with this piece of crap.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 20, 2011 07:00

Super Heavy? I ain't no chubby chaser!

If Super Heavy bent over, you'd have Attack of the Killer Tomatos!

Just think of the bootleg titles and packaging for a Super Heavy tour. That would make Don't F-ck with Me or I Will Breathe On You and You Will Die see tame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-20 07:10 by ab.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 07:06

You guys "crack" me up! Love it! Thanks for giving me a laugh on a sat morning in Jakarta.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 20, 2011 07:06

Dave Stewart was supposed to produce Bob Dylan at one time...Glad Bob recovered his sanity and it never happened.

Date: August 20, 2011 09:14

Dave Stewart produced several tracks on KNOCKED OUT LOADED unless I'm mistaken.

As for SuperHeavy, I'm not really interested in "Miracle Worker" or the two Hindi tracks that I've heard, but still sticking around to here the three tracks that seem more driven by Mick. Hoping anyway.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 20, 2011 10:33

I had hope until I heard those other three songs. Now I've joined the "hater" list. Maybe Mick will come back to Rock And Roll, that I haven't lost hope on, yet.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 20, 2011 11:35

i do, i wont spend any money on it
jeroen
disgusting video, Jagger better gets his act in gear and do one more tour with the stones
jeroen

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: August 20, 2011 11:38

It's brilliant,wake up smell the coffee

Date: August 20, 2011 12:38

stargroover
It's brilliant,wake up smell the coffee

I take it you are being ironic?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 20, 2011 12:46

stargroover
wake up smell the coffee

I just love the smell of coffee in the morning

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 20, 2011 12:46

No its called an opinion. You have yours, he has his. I actually think SH is far more interesting than anything stones related for a long time

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 20, 2011 13:00

Baxter Thwaites

Then look at your fingernails....

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: monkeymark ()
Date: August 20, 2011 13:12

Baxter Thwaites

Unmoved enough to start yet another thread on it? Not really because when I'm unmoved/uninterested by things I ignore them and don't bother to ask other people if they feel the same way......

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 13:36

Baxter Thwaites
me too !

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 20, 2011 14:43

Baxter Thwaites

OK, for your pleasure

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 20, 2011 14:52

Max'sKansasCity
what Super Heavy thing? Are you making fun of fat people?

Watch your mouth!

That should be "gravitationally-challenged."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2011 14:55

.......aHHHHH now things are gettin' back ta normal .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 20, 2011 15:01

Quote.............Is there anybody else out there who is totally unmoved by the whole Super Heavy thing?

Dunno.except for 3 songs I haven't heard it yet......................

Miracle worker was a bright, upbeat sing-a-long, nothing on the Stones last great song Out of Control but pleasant enough, the other two are at this point pretty alien to my musical palette but may be growers.....................

Whatever is, Mick wants to do this and as they say in the Army, 1 volunteer is worth more than a hundred pressed men and so is their product, so...................

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 20, 2011 15:17

EddieByword
Miracle worker was a bright, upbeat sing-a-long, nothing on the Stones last great song Out of Control

Which is essentially Papa Was A Rolling Stone Pt. 2...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 20, 2011 15:36

........well unmoved or not the good thing is that Mick is
back in a studio working .....Bang -- Mick's comments over the
last few years and in Stones In Exile DVD about being bored with studios
gave one the feeling that he didn't want to venture into one ever again ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 15:42

super boring better name

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 20, 2011 16:03

71Tele
Dave Stewart was supposed to produce Bob Dylan at one time...Glad Bob recovered his sanity and it never happened.

Q&A with Dave Stewart
There is a co-write with Bob Dylan on the album -- what's it like to write a song with someone who is such an icon?

It's just being around him and watching him write songs and jamming with him and going on trips on canal boats and generally just hanging out. I introduced Bob to the idea of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers being his band and then George Harrison was staying in my house for a year and the Traveling Wilburys pretty much formed in my back garden. So I wasn't terrified to write with Bob -- when you have been around somebody a lot there is a familiarity.
[www.heraldsun.com.au]

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: August 20, 2011 16:11

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Dave Stewart produced several tracks on KNOCKED OUT LOADED unless I'm mistaken.

No, Dave Stewart never produced any Bob Dylan recordings. He only played guitar on one track on Dylan's KNOCKED OUT LOADED. Dylan produced the album himself. In those days Dylan's production jobs went uncredited, he only started to use the "Jack Frost" pseudonym for his production work in 1990.

Date: August 20, 2011 16:11

Pooper Heavy! haha...
Whitem8, you are in Djakarta?

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: August 20, 2011 16:28

I would prefer Mick to sing all the songs on SUPERHEAVY, but I think for him the point in this project is to NOT be the lead singer. He probably enjoys the collaboration as a fun thing, whereas in the Rolling Stones he has to carry a lot of weight.
My favorite Jagger solo album is "Wandering Spirit" and I wish he (or the Rolling Stones with Bill Wyman back on bass) would do a straight blues album. But for now cut the guy some slack and let him have some fun with SUPERHEAVY.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home