Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hot Stuff vs. Miss You
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: August 19, 2011 20:30

At my wedding, Hot Stuff was on the "must play" list w/the DJ. As soon as Hot Stuff came on, NO ONE was sitting. All 80 people were dancing and yelling...HOT STUFF!!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 19, 2011 20:38

First time I met my wife she was casually swinging to Hotstuff in front of me while I sat in a chair as we talked..........we weren't sitting or talking for long..........so HOTSTUFF...cool smiley.................although I do love that 12 minute Miss you from San Diego '98..................

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 20, 2011 02:41

I like Miss you a lot more. but after my fifth beer I'd like to hear Hot Stuff, Ive never heard that in a bar before. I bet it would sound great.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 20, 2011 03:21

ryanpow
I like Miss you a lot more. but after my fifth beer I'd like to hear Hot Stuff, Ive never heard that in a bar before. I bet it would sound great.

I remember hearing Hot Stuff in a disco circa 1976 on an elaborate sound system. Billy's piano sounded really good. In 1983 I heard Undercover of the Night also in a dance club with a great sound system. I thought it sounded awesome, but I looked at the audience and they looked puzzled.

Posted by: BrianJones1969 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 05:15

"Miss You" sort of reminds people of the Brazilian jazz guitarist Jorge Ben's tune "Taj Mahal."

~Ben

Date: August 20, 2011 05:34

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 05:55

That version, from Voodoo Lounge?? Kind of a let down. Jagger doesn't sing any of the lyrics of the song at all...."music is what you want! To keep your body always moving!" And the guitarist seems to lose his way and just stop playing a few times...

Date: August 20, 2011 06:03

Palaise Royale Ballroom August 16, 2002

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 06:11

Ok, yes, thanks Bingo, dug it up and gave it another listen. Cool that they tried it, but it was a bit underwhelming.

Date: August 20, 2011 06:19

I agree, I wanted to use the Paris 76 version, but I couldn't seem to find it. I need to organize this weekend some month.

Or learn how to grab audio off youtube...I'm sure it's very simple using safari. A project for another day. cool smiley

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 20, 2011 06:32

24FPS
ryanpow

I remember hearing Hot Stuff in a disco circa 1976 on an elaborate sound system. Billy's piano sounded really good. In 1983 I heard Undercover of the Night also in a dance club with a great sound system. I thought it sounded awesome, but I looked at the audience and they looked puzzled.

Cool. I was at a bar where a DJ was spinning and I requested anything stones. he picked slave. I was pleased with his choice and it sounded dynamite.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 20, 2011 21:34

Bingo
I agree, I wanted to use the Paris 76 version, but I couldn't seem to find it.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1357
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home