Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anybody Else feel Like This Anytime
Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: August 18, 2011 07:40

I am sittin here feeling a little sorry for myself, and when I am like this I reach for the Stones and put em on the turntable. Also I am sorting out what I will put on Ebay by playgrading them.I could use the money, not to live on, but to build up equity to buy other stuff. The vinyl I am planning to sell are some boots I never listen to untill now, like "London Roundhouse", amongst others. I think most early boots are shit, but when I plan to sell em, I dont want to. I have over 100 to sell at the moment, not all stones and not all boots. I mean I havent listened to Screaming Lord Sutch for years, probably never will again, yet I want to keep it. I know ,I am stupid. But there must be other weirdo's like me. Please confirm this so I dont feel alone. Luv ya all.

Re: Anybody Else feel Like This Anytime
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 18, 2011 08:11

whiskey
I am sittin here feeling a little sorry for myself, and when I am like this I reach for the Stones and put em on the turntable. Also I am sorting out what I will put on Ebay by playgrading them.I could use the money, not to live on, but to build up equity to buy other stuff. The vinyl I am planning to sell are some boots I never listen to untill now, like "London Roundhouse", amongst others. I think most early boots are shit, but when I plan to sell em, I dont want to. I have over 100 to sell at the moment, not all stones and not all boots. I mean I havent listened to Screaming Lord Sutch for years, probably never will again, yet I want to keep it. I know ,I am stupid. But there must be other weirdo's like me. Please confirm this so I dont feel alone. Luv ya all.

Everytime I get to thinking that I should sell some of my stuff, I go to ebay, check out the prices.... realize that I will not get much money for anything I want to part with... and, of course, the things I own which would bring enough money to hassle with, I dont want to sell... then I start looking around at all the cheap stuff... and buy more.

I had to stop looking at ebay a couple of years when I finally owned every (most every affordable) Tyco slot car that a kid could want... that was after rebuilding my frisbee collection... and buying all the other fun toys all kids want.... I paid good (low) prices for everything, but just like betting (where the juice eat will eat you alive) the shipping costs ruin the illusion of a bargain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-18 08:14 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 18, 2011 08:43

I feel the same way. Basically we're stuck with everything we have bought. Kind of doubt there will be too many new fans looking to snap up our treasures. I always say my collection is going in the trash after I die. To think of all the money I spent. Then again I did get a lot of fun out of it.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 18, 2011 10:19

whiskey
yet I want to keep it.

Yep

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: August 19, 2011 14:11

You are not alone. Occasionally I will go through my collection & think about culling some titles. But as I look through them, I realize that I would regret losing any of them, even the duplicates.

There is just something about vinyl.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 19, 2011 20:30

I could never paet with my Stones vinyl. It was hard to come by when I was collecting LP s in the 80s.

sc uk

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 19, 2011 20:55

I'm depressed just reading this thread! smileys with beer

Just kidding.

I'm in the same boat with the lot of you. I could open a Rolling Stones-only record store, with the amount of duplicate unopened vinyl I've purchased through the years.

I really have a treasure trove for the stones fanatic, ie 5 copies of some girls, with the original cover, UNOPENED...ALL the singles in vinyl form, EVEN the promo's...it just goes on and on.

Love them, but alas, no one to share my joy.

I'll never sell either.

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: August 20, 2011 17:53

Even though I want to keep them, to me its pointless really, as far as the Stones vinyl is concerned, I have 2 complete collections of official stuff. One set is never to be played, the second set is what I play and the remainder is superfolous really. I dont need 13 copies of Sticky Fingers and all the other stuff of pop, blues,jazz I wont ever be listening to again. Dont know why I bought all this John Lee Hooker stuff, I never thought he was any good. Just have to clear the shelf I guess.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home