Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stones most Spinal Tap moment...
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 20, 2005 23:16

A freind and fellow Stones freak just sent me this:

Ron Wood on the Rolling Stones' most "Spinal Tap" moment:

"We were doing drugs in the dressing room [at a concert in the early '80s]. Suddenly the tour manager stuck his head around the door and said, 'The police are here!' We all panicked and threw our drugs in the toilet. Then Sting, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland walked in."

Anyone have any other moments to share?

Re: Stones most Spinal Tap moment...
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 20, 2005 23:19

what drugs and did Keith do heroin?? Mick did cocaine of course..

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 20, 2005 23:23

The drugs taken are not so much the issue as what Stones realted Spinal Tap moments anyone cares to relate.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: May 21, 2005 00:17

ChrisM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A freind and fellow Stones freak just sent me
> this:
>
> Ron Wood on the Rolling Stones' most "Spinal Tap"
> moment:
>
> "We were doing drugs in the dressing room .
> Suddenly the tour manager stuck his head around
> the door and said, 'The police are here!' We all
> panicked and threw our drugs in the toilet. Then
> Sting, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland walked
> in."
>
> ROFLMAO--you gotta love Ronnie and his sense of humor. However, it all sounds so ridiculous that it may even be true.
>

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 21, 2005 10:19

In 1976 Keith arrives at Aylesbury End Court two hours late and asks the judge to excuse him for the delay because his trousers were at the laundry.

Judge's response to Keith...

"It appears quite extraordinary that a man of Mr. Richards' stature could only have one pair of trousers."

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 21, 2005 11:52

LA FORUM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what drugs and did Keith do heroin?? Mick did
> cocaine of course..
>
> Your love is (s)trong

Kiddin, right?

(Keith was a junkie on smack=H=horse=heroine thruout the 70´s if someone have missed that one...)

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 21, 2005 12:33

I know he did heroin and I just read that he continued at least until 1979-1980. He did heroin in 1979 even during the New Barbarians tour which is ironic but when did he stop? In 1980? He does it now and then but when did the smacked up-period end?

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 21, 2005 16:22

I always thought the scene in @#$%& Blues when Keith is trying in vain to order a few apples from roon service is way out there.
There HAD to be just priceless moments between Rose Taylor and Anita P. and Astrid Wyman. Add Bianca to that mix and you have a very volatile situation LOL.
Also there is good stuff in some older Dalton essays about those early Euro tours. A great little story about Keith and Anita argueing with a airline attendant in a cold Northern land about not being allowed to bring their little doggie "Boogie" on board with them. He wants the doggie in the luggage compartent and Keith, Anita, Jagger and Bobby go all out on that poor hapless fool.
Bianca Jagger asking some idiotic backstage chica "Escoos mi...vat is Osibisa?"after the chica accuses her of hanging backstge earlioer with the band Osibisa.
Bobby Keys getting kicked off the Euro tour for ordering Baked Potatoes stuffed with Caviar.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 21, 2005 21:33

Great story about the Police, if it is in fact true.

I always loved the look on Jagger's face in @#$%& Blues when he is about to do a few lines before taking the stage and the camera is on him and he has that look on his face like, get that camera out of here and let me do my thing.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 8, 2016 09:43

I think this quote of Bill's about being asked to join the Stones is a bit Spinal Tappish:

“I owned a Vox AC-30 amplifier, which was really something in those days. It was…quite a valuable asset. So they thought, ‘Oh, really good amp; the bass player’s nothing special, but we’ll keep him so we can use the amp.’ That was the general opinion, I have since learned. You know, they are real con artists.”

From the book The Rolling Stones: Quote, Unquote by Jon Ewing.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 8, 2016 11:11

I forget which tour but Keith forgetting how to play the beginning of "Brown Sugar" in Amsterdam comes to mind. Amsterdam...hmmmm...wonder what could possibly be going on there? Enquiring minds want to know!grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 8, 2016 11:23

Commander being interviewed by his former Brazilian one-night-stand (and mother of his child) on a local Brazilian cable station sends some Spinal Tap vibes at least to me...

Date: March 8, 2016 11:35

crholmstrom
I forget which tour but Keith forgetting how to play the beginning of "Brown Sugar" in Amsterdam comes to mind. Amsterdam...hmmmm...wonder what could possibly be going on there? Enquiring minds want to know!grinning smiley

That happens on every tour.. winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 8, 2016 11:53

ROCKMAN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 8, 2016 12:27

ChrisM
A freind and fellow Stones freak just sent me this:

Ron Wood on the Rolling Stones' most "Spinal Tap" moment:

"We were doing drugs in the dressing room [at a concert in the early '80s]. Suddenly the tour manager stuck his head around the door and said, 'The police are here!' We all panicked and threw our drugs in the toilet. Then Sting, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland walked in."

1978 somewhere in the South?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 8, 2016 13:43

The video clip with all the foam and bubbles.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 8, 2016 13:59

Koen

Yes, Koen. That's a classic Stones Spinal Tap moment! Charlie almost drowning behind his drum set...

Date: March 8, 2016 14:05

Stoneage
Koen

Yes, Koen. That's a classic Stones Spinal Tap moment! Charlie almost drowning behind his drum set...

The Stones's «Stonehenge»-moment indeed! grinning smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 8, 2016 16:12

Hard to beat the elephants from the Memphis show in 1975.
Especially when you read Larry Nager´s account as posted by rockman here.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 8, 2016 16:15

Another good candidate is Madrid 1982 with the storm, rain showers and wall of balloons on stage.
And another episode that comes to mind, is when they got stuck on that "wagon" on their way to the b-stage in Buenos Aires after a wet t-shirt jammed the wheels.

A few moments I´ve seen with my own eyes:

*In Berlin 2006 something wrong happened just as they were about to leave the main stage on their way to the b-stage. The wagon tilted a bit to the side and they got stuck in an awkward position with the band clinging on while the crew tried to get it back on track. A very long version of Miss You that was..
*At the same show in Berlin, everything went wrong when they tried to inflate that tongue balloon during Honky Tonk Women.
*At Giants Stadium in 2006 there was a power failure right after the fireworks during the intro. The lighting and music were gone, and the stage was all black. It was complete silence inside the stadium before Keith finally bursted into It´s Only Rock and Roll.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-08 16:35 by The Worst..

Date: March 8, 2016 16:21

Don't forget the dogs and the inflatable girls...

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 8, 2016 19:51

Not sure if that's the MOST Spinal Tap moment but this should be high up on the list.

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: March 8, 2016 22:23

mr_dja
Not sure if that's the MOST Spinal Tap moment but this should be high up on the list.

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA

I've never seen that before, it's hilarious.

Olly.

Date: March 8, 2016 22:25

Rockman
In 1976 Keith arrives at Aylesbury End Court two hours late and asks the judge to excuse him for the delay because his trousers were at the laundry.

Judge's response to Keith...

"It appears quite extraordinary that a man of Mr. Richards' stature could only have one pair of trousers."

ROCKMAN

Yes, I chuckled when I read that for the first time.

I wonder whether Richards gave any response.

Olly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-08 22:35 by Olly.

Date: March 8, 2016 22:29

A couple of moments that spring to mind:

1) Jagger during the final 15 seconds or so of the performance of 'Brown Sugar' at Twickenham in 2003, as seen on the Four Flicks DVD.

2) Jagger muttering 'no expense spared' before the final bows at Zilker Park in 2006 as the ostentatious display of fireworks thunders overhead.

Olly.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: March 8, 2016 23:12

A good candidate would be the 'çage' moment during the No Security tour where mick is stuck in that cage, and can't get out to sing. Never seen this, but supposedly this did happen in one of the concerts at the start of the tour.

Posted by: FOGGY ()
Date: March 8, 2016 23:44

I think around 10 years ago Ronnie appeared on an awards show and was clearly worse for wear....He ended up being called, "You old b*****d" by one of the winners and stormed off looking for Vinny Jones.....

Or perhaps Simon Bates bragging that Keith pulled a gun on him during an interview circa 1992....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 11, 2016 09:31

Olly
mr_dja

[www.youtube.com]

Peace,
Mr DJA

I've never seen that before, it's hilarious.

"High quality chromium oxide". They must have snorted some of that before making this monstrosity. Horrible.

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: March 11, 2016 11:10

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 11, 2016 11:39

parislocksmith

Quite appropriate. Their "Shark Sandwich" with a little bit of "Jazz Odyssey" thrown in for good measure!>grinning smiley<

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1199
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home