Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Miracle Worker The Official Videoclip
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 12, 2011 22:13

Fan Since 1964
Boring! It's all been done before!

Yet you want Mick to go out on tour with the RS & sing 'Satisfaction' & 'Jumpin' Jack Flash'...

Date: August 12, 2011 22:17

thewatchman
Didn't like the pink suit and hat either.

I love it! I'd certainly wear it... smoking smiley

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: August 12, 2011 22:30

Shame.What for?

Date: August 12, 2011 22:32

benon again
Shame.What for?

Because I like pink suits.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 12, 2011 22:41

Hate to say it but I liked it. I can also understand why it could give some people horrible flashbacks to the 'LET'S WORK" era. Hoping for the album to be intersting, and hope Jagger indeed takes some chances musically( something that has been missing for a long time) even if it fails.

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: August 12, 2011 22:46

Sleepy City
benon again
Shame.What for?

Because I like pink suits.
Hi smiling smiley pink`s ok but what uncle Mick`s doing is horrible..

Date: August 12, 2011 22:53

Bashlets
...hope Jagger indeed takes some chances musically( something that has been missing for a long time) even if it fails.

thumbs up

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: August 12, 2011 22:55

it's alright...some you win, some you lose. not the best video. song is better than the video.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 12, 2011 23:09

Another one of those videos that says something like: "This video can't be shown in your country(Germany) because of Gema rights . .".
Often have that problem.
How come you all seem to see it? Can I do something about it? Thanx . .

Date: August 12, 2011 23:50

Come on, Mick is the king, goosebumps allover. No catch? Are u deaf man?

Rock on Mick!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 13, 2011 00:11

thehardertheycome
Come on, Mick is the king, goosebumps allover. No catch? Are u deaf man?

Rock on Mick!!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 00:23

you gotta hand it to Jagger, pushin' 70 in 2011 and he's still lookin' like and has the moves of when he was pushin' 40 in 1981. Joss Stone is very nice to look at and listen to.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 00:25

I like it , got a '70's feel to it .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-13 00:31 by boston2006.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: August 13, 2011 00:50

Joss Stone looks incredible! So hot! Mick looks kind of silly in the pink suit, but that's alright. I do like the hat though. What really bothers me (besides Dave Stewart) is the name checking at the end. That's one of my pet peeves I guess.

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: August 13, 2011 01:03

nashville
Well my opinion, for what it's worth, is that the song starts off okay with Joss and Damian but then goes downhill pretty quickly. What is the point of Mick on this. Can't really see why they need him in this band to be honest...and get rid of that suit mate.

Andy

You can't see why he's needed in this band based on hearing one song? You do realize that a band of this nature with lots of singers means that Mick isn't going to be the main vocalist in every song.

The fact that he was, along with Stewart, the one who set up the band. He produces it and edits it with Stewart, sings, plays guitar and harmonica and writes songs. I think that justified his place in the band.

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: August 13, 2011 07:55

What about a (small) tour? Would you go?

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: August 13, 2011 08:08

CousinC
Another one of those videos that says something like: "This video can't be shown in your country(Germany) because of Gema rights . .".
Often have that problem.

Germans with youtube-GEMA-problems can watch the videoclip here:
[www.bild.de]

Date: August 13, 2011 08:29

Watch clip and *.flv download here:
[elangochef.posterous.com]

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 13, 2011 08:58

Not as bad as I thought it would be. It's ok I guess. Jagger should sing more relaxed, not trying so hard. But, unfortunately, that's the way he sings these days. Seems a colourful neighbourhood there, so don't mind the pimp suit Jagger is wearing.....he is Mick Jagger

Date: August 13, 2011 09:06

"Jagger’s entrance is brilliant. He comes from nowhere in a flamingo pink suit, bucking and jiving like only the ‘Rolling Stones' frontman knows how. The singer plays a witch doctor in ‘Miracle Worker,’ and looks quite at home surrounded by melted candles, dusty skulls and potions. Anytime he’s on screen one’s eyes can’t help but focus on his moves, ignoring the colorful culture on both sides of him."
[elangochef.posterous.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 13, 2011 09:09

thewatchman
Love the song, love Mick's vocals, but couldn't they have dimmed the lighting a little bit for Mick's parts? Didn't like the pink suit and hat either.

Good god man, he's playing a role in a video...get with it!

Your only 8 years younger than Mick, but you act 20 years older!

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: August 13, 2011 09:43

Jagger is a complete embarrassment. I find it hard to relate that at one time he was truly brilliant, that brilliance now seems long gone. His vocal and his appearance in the video are both agonising. The song would have been so much better without Jagger's involvement. He ruins something which actually had some potental.Not sure about the writing credits, if he had a hand in that, then maybe he does add some value to the project. 'Dirty Work' sounds almost like an act of genius by the side of this.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 10:39

I love it. I love Mick in this. I love his suit. If Mick can't be over-the-top, who can? It reminds me of what Mick said in VOGUE MAGAZINE in the 90's: "I agree with Eddie Murphy, that the only reason white people play golf is so they can dress like black people." Mick doesn't need an excuse to dress crazy.

Date: August 13, 2011 11:18

OMG! Does Joss Stone look hot or what? In that flower shop? I liked the whole block party feel.
Re Jagger in the pink suit? Of course he looks foolish- he's Mick Jagger.
Everybody seemed to like it when Townshend said at the R&R HOF induction (or was it some Grammy?) "Don't grow old gracefully". I love old Jagger here\- Just doing what he does.
I think I've given up on Mick and Keith doing what is expected of them: to come out in sober black suits and play the Blues; and act distinguished. They are going out in really bad taste. Haha..

Date: August 13, 2011 11:25

Palace Revolution 2000
I think I've given up on Mick and Keith doing what is expected of them: to come out in sober black suits and play the Blues; and act distinguished. They are going out in really bad taste. Haha..

smileys with beer

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 13, 2011 15:27

Edward Twining
Jagger is a complete embarrassment. I find it hard to relate that at one time he was truly brilliant, that brilliance now seems long gone. His vocal and his appearance in the video are both agonising. The song would have been so much better without Jagger's involvement. He ruins something which actually had some potental.Not sure about the writing credits, if he had a hand in that, then maybe he does add some value to the project. 'Dirty Work' sounds almost like an act of genius by the side of this.

thumbs up

Date: August 13, 2011 16:06

Sleepy City
Palace Revolution 2000

smileys with beer

Sorry, but this would be soo boring!
How many others have done that already?! From the Stones I'd expect something else . .

Date: August 13, 2011 16:07

HighwireC
CousinC
Often have that problem.

Germans with youtube-GEMA-problems can watch the videoclip here:
[www.bild.de]

Thanx!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 13, 2011 16:07

"I think I've given up on Mick and Keith doing what is expected of them: to come out in sober black suits and play the Blues; and act distinguished. They are going out in really bad taste. Haha.."

When was the last time either dressed that way for a gig? Would have to be eons ago...

Date: August 13, 2011 16:15

ablett
"I think I've given up on Mick and Keith doing what is expected of them: to come out in sober black suits and play the Blues; and act distinguished. They are going out in really bad taste. Haha.."

When was the last time either dressed that way for a gig? Would have to be eons ago...

Well that is my point. I love Jagger in that pink suit. And Keith looking the way he looks.
But you look at this very thread here, and it is littered with comments about how silly Jagger looks, and how he should know better; and I have seen many, many comments here in the years that the favored 'exit' for the Stones would be to play the Blues, country, distinguished etc.
And, no matter if I agree with all that or not, I have become convinced that it will not happen.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home