Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Norelco Tape Recorder.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 10, 2016 22:48

In the Keith documentary Under The Influence we see Pierre de Beauport delivering a vintage Norelco tape recorder. It's the same one Keith used in the late 60s recording JJF and SFM. Does anyone here know exactly what model it is? I'm interested in buying one, but there seems to be quite a few different ones. It's important to find the one without limiters, so the mic can be overloaded. Pierre mentions that it's a "1967 Norelco", but doesn't give a hint as to which model.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Norelco Tape Recorder.
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 10, 2016 22:52

Check His Majesty's posts I'm sure he wrote about it some time back

ROCKMAN

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 10, 2016 23:08

Good call Rockman.

Philips Recorder

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 10, 2016 23:10

Yeah I like helpin' people .... hhhhaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 16, 2016 20:55

Norelco was just a near straight copy of the Philips. I think Philips allowed free licence in order to ensure the success of their cassette based idea/products.

I'd still say that the EL3302 is the most likely model used. It has a dedicated speaker out and a small mono speaker, which matches what Keith has described, was available for it and shown in 1967 Philips brochures etc.

Interestingly, Stash recently auctioned off a Philips EL3302, saying it was given to him by Keith... perhaps this was THE EL3302 used on SFM, JJF and PW.

I still have my EL3301A, but to be honest, other than for seeing if it got the sound, it's pretty useless as it has so much wobble. grinning smiley

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: March 16, 2016 23:03

You can't go wrong with "Philips" products, I always buy their cdr's and even my flatscreen TV is made by them. I always seek out their products.. good quality stuff.

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: March 17, 2016 12:00

BamaStone
You can't go wrong with "Philips" products, I always buy their cdr's and even my flatscreen TV is made by them. I always seek out their products.. good quality stuff.

smileys with beerCouldn't agree more....Got a three head Philips cassette deck which I've owned for donkeys years....

Still works perfectly and has never missed a beat.....

Even after being subjected to some of the dodgiest quality tapes imaginable....>grinning smiley<

They still go for good money on ebay now.

What a drag it is gettin' old

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home