Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Birthday Coming, want THE STONES for my backyard BBQ and Pool party. How do I make it happen?
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: August 3, 2011 09:33

Besides paying the tons of cash that they've played for in the past (don't have the cash at hand at the moment). I was thinking they can play out back and make a DVD out of it that would sell tons (unique idea/set list). I would provide all the BBQ sh*t including Filet Mignon Beef, Giant Prawns/Shrimp, Lobster, and Crab. Tons of beer and wine and non-stop Creme Brulee. Set list could include -

(Opener: ) IF YOU CAN'T ROCK ME
EMPTY HEART
I GO WILD
(Few Stones Choices)
BACK STREET GIRL
2000 MAN
BACK OF MY HAND
MOONLIGHT MILE
CONTINENTAL DRIFT
(Stones choices -
Muddy Waters,
Chuck Berry, one
more cover)
HIGH WIRE
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
GIMME SHELTER

Encore:
SOUL SURVIVOR/MUST BE HELL
TILL THE NEXT GOODBYE
TIME WAITS FOR NO ONE

Encore #2
YOU CAN'T ALWAYS/SYMPATHY

I can get a few curvy, beautiful face girls in tiny bikinis dancing on the side of the stage with spot lights. I think the idea rocks, how can I make it happen? Birthday is August 20th. Of course I fly in Rockman on Qantas business class from Australia, that's a no brainer..... CCMind

Re: Birthday Coming, want THE STONES for my backyard BBQ and Pool party. How do I make it happen?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 3, 2011 10:12

Wow - are we invited too? At the very least a few of us could pull off song pretty decent Keith licks and Mick impersonations.

Re: Birthday Coming, want THE STONES for my backyard BBQ and Pool party. How do I make it happen?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 3, 2011 10:14

Of course I fly in Rockman on Qantas business class from Australia, that's a no brainer..... CCMind

If the stones play I'll swim there CrissXcrossMind ........

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-03 10:18 by Rockman.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 3, 2011 12:56

Rockman

Got your journey directions right here, Rockee: [maps.google.com]

Date: August 3, 2011 13:05

........ eeeerrr well Edith someone would have ta meet on the shore an drive me to the show

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 3, 2011 13:33

Rockman
Of course I fly in Rockman on Qantas business class from Australia, that's a no brainer..... CCMind

Ya not one of those champ aussie Olympic standard swimmers are you Rockee? The ones that wrestle sharks with their bare hands?

Date: August 3, 2011 13:39

..oooooowwwww no Dagger.... Only sharks I go anywhere near are car-salesmen

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 3, 2011 15:27

CrissCross

I wish you'd posted earlier...The Stones were just at my ranch doing this very thing. My Bday was Aug 1st.

It was all very hush hush.
They even played 'Luxury'.

Darn..wish I'd known anyone else was interested.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 3, 2011 15:32

Save your money. Crank a blu-ray of Ladies and Gentlemen on high-def TV through a kicking surround system in the den. That'd be the next best thing. It'd also get everyone inside from this awful heat into an air-conditioned room.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: August 3, 2011 15:33

For about 8 millions you could have them play at your backyard.
But you could get Superheavy for just 1 million. Hurry!

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: August 3, 2011 16:13

$10 million wouldn't get them to learn those other songs. Sorry, they are not available for a birthday party with that set list - only set lists from the last tour are acceptable.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: August 3, 2011 16:48

Keep the wording on ya' invitations short if the lenght of ya' thread titles are anything to go by.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 3, 2011 17:52

The menu sounds delicious. As it happens, I am free on the 20th. Where are you? Are you far from France?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 3, 2011 18:06

Bliss
The menu sounds delicious. As it happens, I am free on the 20th. Where are you? Are you far from France?

Ahhh....CCM and the French cuisine .....I could write a book about it smiling bouncing smiley
Pity I live too far from LA,I think a party for CCM's B.Day would be worth to watch .smiling smiley

PM to CCM :
You even didn't wish me a Happy B.Day on the 30th of June ,so don't count on me,I won't come to yours

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: August 3, 2011 19:03

You can't make it happen sorry maybe if they were touring and you had a unlimited supply of money but if there not touring forget it and sadly there not even planing a tour right now.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 3, 2011 19:18

Rickster
You can't make it happen sorry maybe if they were touring and you had a unlimited supply of money but if there not touring forget it and sadly there not even planing a tour right now.
Oh but they are. We have the scoopage right here.[www.iorr.org]

Date: August 4, 2011 00:26

Bliss

Aww, Bliss, in a way I'm very close, 11 hours Non-Stop CDG-LAX on AIR FRANCE but my heart's in Paris always - are you from Paris?.... Maybe we can arrange a free/surprise concert under the Eiffel Tower - That would be THE BEST !!! A little Wine and Beer before the show at CAFE DU MARCHE a few blocks away....

Who doesn't like my Set List? Get-Back-Jack !!! it's about 80% fresh - dig that !!!

Oh, my dear Sway, Grande Pardon S'il Vous Plait.... Happy Birthday my dear "Hottest-Babe-in-Lyon" SUPER !!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 4, 2011 04:41

I hear they've booked the school down the street for the rehearsal. Will try to get some pics for y'all.

Date: August 4, 2011 16:35

Send me a ticket, honey..I could use a break from the rainy French summer.

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: August 4, 2011 16:41

National Lottery???

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Date: August 6, 2011 01:19

Bliss
Send me a ticket, honey..I could use a break from the rainy French summer.

Are you French? I always wanted to live IN BLISS... >) < sounds interesting.....do you look like Beatrice Dale? (The girl from BETTY BLUE)

Posted by: Dutch guy ()
Date: August 6, 2011 09:40

Rocking party! Dutch guy would speak quietly to the Jag about his future plans. ROCK PARTY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE CRISS CROSS!

Date: August 6, 2011 21:26

Actually, CCM, I like to think I am more like Catherine Deneuve. BĂ©atrice Dalle has strange teeth.

I will ignore your other smutty comment.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: August 6, 2011 21:53

Offer Mick $3 million and allow him to bring his OWN musicians who can play the material. $3 Million + production costs. Have 1/2 downpayment in cashiers check.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: August 7, 2011 00:39

Hang up their poster and play YaYas on your boom box.have a nice party.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 7, 2011 01:32

Silver Dagger
Rockman

Ya not one of those champ aussie Olympic standard swimmers are you Rockee? The ones that wrestle sharks with their bare hands?

We know what happened to that one guy...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 7, 2011 01:43

What kind of $ are you offering for the Stones to show up?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 7, 2011 03:39

ChefGuevara
For about 8 million you could have them play at your backyard.

Only if they were already in the middle of a tour and had a "real" gig in your home town scheduled for the following day.

Date: August 7, 2011 07:35

Bliss
Actually, CCM, I like to think I am more like Catherine Deneuve.....I will ignore your other smutty comment.

Sorry if it was offensive in any way my dear Bliss, I didn't mean to be.... So you really are from France? What city do you live in? I have a small apartment in Paris (7th-but am not a snob, the 7th is slightly misunderstood by some). The plan was for me to be there much more but then the Dollar sank and keeps on sinking. Still one of the best investments I ever made. France is a great place, I LOVE IT - probably the best country in the world!!! What do you think ???? Sorry again, hope all is cool and forgiven, CCMind.....

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 7, 2011 08:53

La belle France. The 7th is a lovely arrondissement. Can you see the Eiffel Tower?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home