Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Who has introduced the Rolling Stones live? (I know that's Bill Graham on STILL LIFE)
Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: August 4, 2011 03:30

Edith Grove
Mike Douglas (via schillid)

2:21-2:23 and 4:23-4:26

And that was the last time Bill Wyman was seen giving a genuine, honest-to-God smile cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-04 03:37 by stevecardi.

Re: Who has introduced the Rolling Stones live? (I know that's Bill Graham on STILL LIFE)
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 4, 2011 11:47

Green Lady
...and this is BBC DJ Brian Matthew introducing "those charming deviationists - the Rolling Stones!"

No, that's Long John Baldrey.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 4, 2011 22:06

Sleepy City
Green Lady
...and this is BBC DJ Brian Matthew introducing "those charming deviationists - the Rolling Stones!"

You may be right - certainly Brian Matthew introduced some of their Saturday Club appearances and the voices are similar.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 4, 2011 23:53

Green Lady
Sleepy City
Green Lady

You may be right - certainly Brian Matthew introduced some of their Saturday Club appearances and the voices are similar.

I think everyone on the BBC spoke similar back in those days...

Brian Matthew almost certainly introduced all their appearances (& everyone elses) on Saturday Club.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 5, 2011 01:44

Correct.

Baldry did the 'Blues in Rhythm' 'simulcast' special from Camden Theatre (and, as mentioned earlier, its his voice you hear at the start of 'Got Live If You Want It').

Brian Matthew was the regular host of Saturday Club.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home